Author Topic: eBay selling tips?  (Read 3478 times)

foxhack

Re: eBay selling tips?
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2014, 05:07:35 pm »
I just don't get why it's such a sore point for you (But - then again, I don't have to "get" it) and it's certainly not anything that I'm going to argue about and/or make it anything personal with you or against you ==>

==> (*Got nothin' but luv for da Foxy one:)  :-*

I once had a guy charge me $10 to ship something Media, it took three weeks to get to my post office box... within the same state (California.) Another time, I got charged $12 postage on something that had a $3 shipping cost. So I don't do business with anyone that willingly uses Media Mail and offers no alternative; most eBay sellers will say "First Class is X extra" and that's fine, other times I'll talk to the seller and ask for a First Class option, since it would cost roughly the same and not take as long to be delivered.

I've been burned enough and don't want anyone else to get burned the same way.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 05:23:09 pm by foxhack »

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2014, 05:49:01 pm »
I've been burned enough and don't want anyone else to get burned the same way.

That makes sense; I can understand personal negative experiences influencing how people see things.
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

karyann

« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2014, 12:28:43 pm »
I think in Canada we only have letter or package, no media or things like that. As far as I know, anyway... Shipping is still new to me, I think I've shipped stuff 5 times in my life  :o

argyle

« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2014, 01:05:05 pm »
A friend was going to send me some manga last week that he didn't want, I just had to pickup shipping.  At first he quoted me $15, so I asked him if he could please send them media mail instead since it would be much cheaper.  $6, and I got the package in 2 days no problems.  I've never had an issue w/ mm in the 10 or so years I've been using it.

That said, I don't ship games mm anymore since you guys clarified for me that it's a no-no.  I'd still send books/strat guides/movies that way tho.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2014, 02:10:32 pm »
A friend was going to send me some manga last week that he didn't want, I just had to pickup shipping.  At first he quoted me $15, so I asked him if he could please send them media mail instead since it would be much cheaper.  $6, and I got the package in 2 days no problems.  I've never had an issue w/ mm in the 10 or so years I've been using it.

That said, I don't ship games mm anymore since you guys clarified for me that it's a no-no.  I'd still send books/strat guides/movies that way tho.

Yeah, Foxy definitely had more updated & current info about what does & does not constitute "Media Mail" than I did.

That said...when I'm going into a post office & *Telling* them that I'm shipping video games -and- their employee advises me to send it as Media Mail at a lesser rate; I'll be damned if I'm NOT going to do it  8)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"