Author Topic: Club Nintendo platinum/gold reward 2014 are out  (Read 6911 times)

Re: Club Nintendo platinum/gold reward 2014 are out
« Reply #45 on: July 17, 2014, 10:22:19 am »
I had gold so I got Metroid for the 3ds, which I think will go well with the ability to create a restore point.  I think it's a $5 value?  Big whoop, but I'll probably play it at least.  I do like getting games with my coins throughout the year though.  Next year I'm sure people will still try to get platinum because "this is going to be the year where they redeem themselves with a really awesome prize", that seems to be the way these things work.  And who knows, maybe next year will be the year where they redeem themselves with a really awesome prize!

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #46 on: July 17, 2014, 12:13:59 pm »
I had gold so I got Metroid for the 3ds, which I think will go well with the ability to create a restore point.  I think it's a $5 value?  Big whoop, but I'll probably play it at least.  I do like getting games with my coins throughout the year though.  Next year I'm sure people will still try to get platinum because "this is going to be the year where they redeem themselves with a really awesome prize", that seems to be the way these things work.  And who knows, maybe next year will be the year where they redeem themselves with a really awesome prize!

Damn, that's a good point with the save states. I should have gotten that. It probably makes the game 10x easier. But I ended up with Wario Land II.

But now that I think about it, I could just get the ROM and emulator, since I own the game for real I wouldn't feel guilty about it.

tpugmire

« Reply #47 on: July 17, 2014, 01:18:27 pm »
I just checked my account for the Wii U Deluxe Digital Promotion, and it turns out that the rewards also give you credit there too. Something to be aware of.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

spac316

« Reply #48 on: July 17, 2014, 05:30:52 pm »

I really hope that will be the case for next year. They should also make more worth while regular rewards. I still buy new Nintendo games regardless but I'll be hesitant on redeeming the codes till I see something with some substance.

scott

« Reply #49 on: July 17, 2014, 08:47:26 pm »
I didn't even bother entering codes this year. :\
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

« Reply #50 on: July 18, 2014, 08:39:38 am »

I really hope that will be the case for next year. They should also make more worth while regular rewards. I still buy new Nintendo games regardless but I'll be hesitant on redeeming the codes till I see something with some substance.

You mean you're not impressed by the Yoshi hand towel?  lol

soera

« Reply #51 on: July 18, 2014, 10:13:26 am »
Someone on NA was offering to buy people's Platinum reward so I sent him a message. He offered me $5. I was like wtf? So Im just going to end up giving it to someone on here. Is there anyone that is a long term member who is interested in this?

bobster

« Reply #52 on: July 18, 2014, 10:16:43 am »
I think my girlfriend and I are going to go with NES remix and Earthbound (we both got platinum). I want Donkey Kong Country on the 3ds, but we can't share that like we can the Wii U stuff :D
Currently Playing: The Witcher

« Reply #53 on: July 18, 2014, 01:17:01 pm »
I just got NES Remix as well because it looks fun and is one of the only games that doesn't have a physical copy.  If it wasn't five more dollars than Earthbound in the Eshop then I would have went for EB.  Its no Mario statue but I'm happy to get a game I wanted to play and would have bought at some point.
When I'm not playing video games, I draw them.  You can see more at:
https://isuckworse.deviantart.com/

tpugmire

« Reply #54 on: July 18, 2014, 01:31:03 pm »
Someone on NA was offering to buy people's Platinum reward so I sent him a message. He offered me $5. I was like wtf? So Im just going to end up giving it to someone on here. Is there anyone that is a long term member who is interested in this?
I'll take it if you're sure you don't want it.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

spac316

« Reply #55 on: July 18, 2014, 01:44:13 pm »

Hehe, even that is no longer in stock. :P
The Animal Crossing Poster set is only thing I'm interested in right now though. After that, who knows...

« Reply #56 on: July 18, 2014, 02:38:40 pm »

Hehe, even that is no longer in stock. :P
The Animal Crossing Poster set is only thing I'm interested in right now though. After that, who knows...
Oh wow, I just checked it...pretty dismal.  Those 3DS pouches are pretty useful if you have a 3DS, I got 2 of the regular club Nintendo ones last year & use those all the time.  They were something like 200-250 coins though, not 500. 

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #57 on: July 19, 2014, 12:42:03 am »
I just got mine. It'll be Dr Luigi. It looks like fun.
It was a toss up between Dr Luigi and Earthbound. Dr. Luigi was a little more expensive so it won out.

argyle

« Reply #58 on: July 19, 2014, 06:01:27 am »
I went with Donkey Kong because at least I know I'll play that. :-\ I find it arbitrary which virtual game will run on which device, and still don't get why they don't release them to run on both the Wii U & 3DS at this point. Heck, Sony's getting its butt handed to them in the portable market and even they are doing that.  ::)
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

« Reply #59 on: July 19, 2014, 09:14:21 am »
I ended up going with Earthbound because I've yet to play it. So far I really enjoy the dialog. ha