Author Topic: Platinumed/100% Achievements ^_^  (Read 3879 times)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

Re: Platinumed/100% Achievements ^_^
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2014, 05:30:04 pm »
I usually can't get 100% because I simply don't game online on my Xbox. I have the original model 360, which you have to have the internet directly wired into it. And I have the Xbox in my man-cave, while my modem is in the living room.

I do have a 100% on Elder Scrolls: Oblivion GOTY, though. Nothing online on that one. I was quite proud of that achievement since that game is so incredibly massive.

None of the games I've plat'd have any online trophies - when I see online trophies I pretty much instantly decide I'm not going for that one.  ;) 

That said - I can't recommend this enough for getting wired internet to isolated areas of your house:

http://www.amazon.com/Linksys-Powerline-Network-Adapter-PLSK400/dp/B006JG5S6U/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1405545242&sr=8-4&keywords=ethernet+over+power

That's a newer model than what I have but the same basic principal.  Super easy to setup (just plug it in, basically) and if you ever need to move your modem and/or your consoles, it's a snap to move it someplace else.  I recommend this to anyone that needs to extend internet in their house - more reliable than wireless.

How, exactly do you set up & use that?

It sounds like it might be just the thing for me.

My set-up has my pc/router/modem on the 2nd floor but all of my consoles are on the 1st floor.

Sometimes I get lucky & my wireless works fine, but - just as often...I can't even sign-in, browse, sync trophies, etc.

So...what would I have to do?

Keep in mind...I'm shit with any/everything tech-related (EX. I have no idea what to do/how to do things involving "changing/resetting router/modem pins", etc, etc, etc).

Is there a simple "Fer dummiez" way to somehow get this thing to work for someone as tech-ignorant as me?
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

argyle

« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2014, 06:11:17 pm »
I can't 100% speak for this one, but for mine it couldn't be simpler.

1) Plug the "modem side" part into a wall outlet near your modem

2) Plug the network cable going out of your modem into the device

3) Plug the "console side" part into a wall outlet near your consoles

4) Plug one end of a network cable into the device & the other end into your console

5) ??

6) PROFIT!
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2014, 06:17:05 pm »
I can't 100% speak for this one, but for mine it couldn't be simpler.

1) Plug the "modem side" part into a wall outlet near your modem

2) Plug the network cable going out of your modem into the device

3) Plug the "console side" part into a wall outlet near your consoles

4) Plug one end of a network cable into the device & the other end into your console

5) ??

6) PROFIT!

That sounds manageable!

Are "network cable" and "Ethernet cable" synonymous?

soera

« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2014, 06:42:32 pm »
Well, damn, I thought I had a platinum in Saw but apparently Im missing 1. But I do have a platinum I forgot about : Costume quest. And while I was looking at the list, it shows Ni no Kuni at 71% and it has me missing stuff that I know I finished. Can you lose trophies somehow? Like it says I dont have a maximized familiar. And I was pretty certain that I did have 100% in Saw.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2014, 07:45:56 pm »
I usually can't get 100% because I simply don't game online on my Xbox. I have the original model 360, which you have to have the internet directly wired into it. And I have the Xbox in my man-cave, while my modem is in the living room.

I do have a 100% on Elder Scrolls: Oblivion GOTY, though. Nothing online on that one. I was quite proud of that achievement since that game is so incredibly massive.

None of the games I've plat'd have any online trophies - when I see online trophies I pretty much instantly decide I'm not going for that one.  ;) 

That said - I can't recommend this enough for getting wired internet to isolated areas of your house:

http://www.amazon.com/Linksys-Powerline-Network-Adapter-PLSK400/dp/B006JG5S6U/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1405545242&sr=8-4&keywords=ethernet+over+power

That's a newer model than what I have but the same basic principal.  Super easy to setup (just plug it in, basically) and if you ever need to move your modem and/or your consoles, it's a snap to move it someplace else.  I recommend this to anyone that needs to extend internet in their house - more reliable than wireless.

For that price I could just get the overpriced official wireless adapter for 360.

argyle

« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2014, 07:53:21 pm »
Well, damn, I thought I had a platinum in Saw but apparently Im missing 1. But I do have a platinum I forgot about : Costume quest. And while I was looking at the list, it shows Ni no Kuni at 71% and it has me missing stuff that I know I finished. Can you lose trophies somehow? Like it says I dont have a maximized familiar. And I was pretty certain that I did have 100% in Saw.

The only way you can lose trophies is if you never sync'd them with the server.  :-\

For that price I could just get the overpriced official wireless adapter for 360.

You could, but this is a more stable solution that will work not only with the 360 but with other consoles, devices, etc.  Anyway, just a suggestion - I'll put my IT hat away now. :)
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2014, 08:03:24 pm »
madden 06
lego batman

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2014, 08:35:34 pm »

The only way you can lose trophies is if you never sync'd them with the server.  :-\

You could, but this is a more stable solution that will work not only with the 360 but with other consoles, devices, etc.  Anyway, just a suggestion - I'll put my IT hat away now. :)

This is true, but my 360 is the only one I have an internet issue with.

My Wii and 3DS are wireless, my PC is right next to the modem, and my phone is connected through the cell phone service.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 08:38:31 pm by burningdoom »

BBowles

« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2014, 10:04:00 pm »
As someone who's homepage is an achievement website, I apologize for the list >_> But I figured I'd post anyways. After looking at my "completed" games and removing those that have dlc I haven't gone back and finished yet....this is what I came up with.

Please don't judge me lol

Playstation 3
Heavy Rain
Killzone
Playstation 4
Contrast
PSN
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons
Xbox 360
Assassin’s Creed   
Assassin’s Creed 2
Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood
Blood Bowl
Blue Dragon
Borderlands
Borderlands 2
Burnout Revenge
Civilization Revolut’n
Crackdown
Culdcept Saga
Crysis 2
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Dragon Age: Origins
Dragon Age 2
Elder Scrolls: Oblivion
Enchanted Arms
Eternal Sonata
Fable 2
Fable 3
Fallout 3
Fallout New Vegas
Fight Night Round 3
Final Fantasy XIII
Final Fantasy XIII-2
Forza 2
Forza 3
Full Auto
Fuzion Frenzy 2
Gears of War 2
Halo 3
Halo 3: ODST
Kingdoms of Amalur Reckoning
L.A. Noire
Last Remnant
Lost Odyssey
Madden NFL 08
Mass Effect
Mass Effect 2
Mass Effect 3
MLB 2K6
Phantasy Star Universe
Record of Agarest War
Smackdown vs RAW 2007
Star Ocean: The Last Hope
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2
The Darkness
Tomb Raider
Too Human
Transformers: Fall of Cybertron
Transformers: War for Cybertron
Xbox 360 Arcade
1 vs 100
Aegis Wing
Catan
Carcassonne
Dash of Destruction
Doritos Crash Course
Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon
Hardwood Hearts
Harm’s Way
Magic The Gathering
Magic 2012
Minecraft
Risk Factions
Snoopy Flying Ace
Uno
Yaris

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2014, 11:14:19 pm »
Sounds like fun.  :)

My Plats:

God of War III - April 4, 2010

Toy Story 3 - October 8, 2010

Dante's Inferno - August 5, 2011

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - February 27, 2012

Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus - April 30, 2012

Trine 2 - May 7, 2012

inFamous 2 - June 13, 2012

LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes - June 29, 2012

The Amazing Spider-Man - July 7, 2012

Sleeping Dogs - August 30, 2012

Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch - February 12, 2013

FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 - May 27, 2013

The Walking Dead - May 29, 2013

L.A. Noire - June 6, 2013

Saints Row: The Third - July 22, 2013

Sound Shapes (x3) - November 22, 2013

Working On / Next Plats:

Not sure that I'm working on one right now.  What I mean by that is that part of me wants to put Fallout 3 down for a while and work on something else - and part of me REALLY wants to finish off that plat.  I'm taking most of next week off of work, so we'll see what happens then. :) Besides that, these are the games that I'm *really* close to the plat in but put them down before I earned it for one reason or another - I need to get back to these soon & wrap them up:

Assassin's Creed II - Missing 4 trophies: Vitruvian Man, In Memory of Petruccio, Show Your Colors & Master Assassin (plat).  Basically, I just have to find the rest of the collectables - could probably knock it out in an afternoon with a guide.

South Park: The Stick of Truth - Missing 4: For the Hoarder, Clothes Whore, Full Arsenal & South Park™: The Stick of Truth™ Platinum Trophy.  The game screwed me out of For the Hoarder - you have to play the entire game without selling anything.  Apparently, it counted me converting my money to & from Canadian as "selling".  >:( When I pick this one back up, I'll load up a save just before I entered Canada & finish out the plat.

inFamous - Missing 12, but it basically boils down to finishing my hard/evil playthrough & finishing off another one or two along the way.  For a LONG time - I'm talking YEARS - I was stuck on this one missing *1* blast shard piece.  I found that piece earlier this year, was amazed that I had finally found it, so after all of that I am GOING TO FINISH THIS PLAT!!! :D

Burnout: Paradise - Missing 4: 8 Players meet in the Wildcats' Baseball Stadium, Complete 10 Freeburn Challenges, Jump over another Player's Car & Burnout Paradise Elite (plat).  I never could end up in a game where 8 ppl would go to the stadium at the same time.  I really wanted this plat, because this is one of my all-time favorite racing games.  Are the servers even still online for this game?  If so, and there are 8 people here who own it & are willing, I'd love to mark this one off of my list.  :)

inFamous: Second Son - basically like the first inFamous, I need to replay it on evil/hard. 

Adventures of Tintin - missing a few but they're all in the bonus mode that unlocks after you beat the game - I have all of the main campaign trophies. Very underrated game. ;)

If the servers for Burnout Paradise are still online I'll help you with the wildcats stadium trophy. I need it too.

My only Platinum is for Infamous 2. Nearly have the platinum for Infamous but I lost the willpower to look around blindly for blast shards (they don't show on the map like they do in Infamous 2).

Now and then if I have time to burn I'll look through my trophies and try to knock a few off, but I don't really bother going after Platinums.

argyle

« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2014, 12:59:07 am »
Burnout: Paradise - Missing 4: 8 Players meet in the Wildcats' Baseball Stadium, Complete 10 Freeburn Challenges, Jump over another Player's Car & Burnout Paradise Elite (plat).  I never could end up in a game where 8 ppl would go to the stadium at the same time.  I really wanted this plat, because this is one of my all-time favorite racing games.  Are the servers even still online for this game?  If so, and there are 8 people here who own it & are willing, I'd love to mark this one off of my list.  :)

If the servers for Burnout Paradise are still online I'll help you with the wildcats stadium trophy. I need it too.

I just checked, the servers are still up.  I might can get a couple of friends to sign in as well - if we can get at least 4 more people here we might be able to pull it off.  :D

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2014, 01:14:06 am »

I just checked, the servers are still up.  I might can get a couple of friends to sign in as well - if we can get at least 4 more people here we might be able to pull it off.  :D

PM me your gamer name or whatever they call it and I'll send you a friend request. :)

argyle

« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2014, 02:50:36 am »

PM me your gamer name or whatever they call it and I'll send you a friend request. :)

It's in my sig, ArgyleMonkey.  :)

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2014, 03:13:36 am »
I Platinum'd Dragon Age: Origins until the later DLCs came in with difficulty-related trophies, then I didn't even bother any longer.  Still trying to Platinum Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, too bad I'm not as dedicated a gamer as I used to be.

Please check out the games I have for sale.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2014, 08:43:07 am »

There's another potential reason for shrinking %'s...DLC

You can have already platinumed a game, new DLC can be released, and (while you should still have your little platinum icon)...your % will be adjusted because now...100% includes more (the DLC) trophies  >:(

And CQ isn't a "platinum"  ;)

just a "100%-er"  :o