Author Topic: Upcoming Niche Japanese Imports  (Read 18358 times)

abe

Re: Upcoming Niche Japanese Imports
« Reply #105 on: September 03, 2015, 09:11:06 pm »
Gave the OP a well needed update. Added some games to the lineup, updated release dates, etc. There's stuff I'm missing I'm sure, if you notice feel free to tell me. :)

I'll start adding some of these games to the database as well when I have the chance.

There's not a whole lot of big news at the moment since my last post here so... here's a Summon Night 6: Lost Borders teaser trailer.

Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

abe

« Reply #106 on: September 15, 2015, 07:54:48 am »
Remember when Sega had a poll to see what console people would most like to see a port of the arcade game on? No? Well... they did a poll back in April, and now they've just announced that it's coming to the PS4 as Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA Future Tone. So hyped. ;D ;D ;D It releases in Japan in 2016.

Lots of other news too today now that TGS2015 is underway.
-Gravity Daze 2 has been announced for a 2016 release on the PS4 in Japan (nope, no Vita version).
-New Danganronpa V3 has been announced for the PS4 and PS Vita, no details on a release date yet.
-Toukiden 2 has been announced for release on the PS4, PS3, and PS Vita in Japan in 2016.
-13 Sentinel: Aegis Rim was revealed to be the project that Vanillaware was teasing earlier this year. Other than the name and some art, not too many details have been given yet. The game will release on the PS4 and Vita.
-Yakuza 6 was announced for a Fall 2016 release on the PS4 in Japan.
-Mobile Suit Gundam: Extreme VS Force was announced for release on the PS Vita.

The PS4 really seems to be doing well in terms of upcoming releases, and it seems that more developers are finally putting more effort into the system.

Lots more to be announced at TGS2015, I'll try to cover as much of it as I can on here. Hope you enjoy. :)

Here be a Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA Future Tone trailer

abe

« Reply #107 on: November 10, 2015, 08:34:56 am »
Demon Gaze II has been announced for release on the PS Vita in 2016. ;D ;D ;D

turom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #108 on: December 01, 2015, 01:53:40 am »
Here be a Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA Future Tone trailer

Wow I missed that one, great news !!
BLOG - PSN - IMGUR - YOUTUBE

abe

« Reply #109 on: March 01, 2016, 05:02:46 pm »
Time to temporarily bring this thread back from the dead before I forget about it again in a a couple weeks for the nth time. Here's some stuff I thought might be interesting. A lot of my info is from Gematsu, with some stuff from Siliconera as well.

Recently
-Etrian Odyssey V (3DS) has been officially given a release date of August 4th for Japan. According to an interview in Famitsu, the game is roughly 60% complete. The character creation has been greatly improved upon, with a great deal more customization options than were previously available in earlier titles. A localization is likely, though there's no word on that yet.
-Dragon Quest Heroes II: The Twin Kings and the Prophecy’s End (PS4, 3, & Vita) will be releasing May 27th in Japan.
-Uppers (PS Vita), a beat-em-up from Senran Kagura producer Kenichiro Takaki, has been delayed for further improvements in response to low number of pre-orders. The game was previously planned for an April 21st release.
-Caligula (PS Vita), an RPG sharing the same scenario writer as Persona 1 and 2, has been announced by FuRyu to be in development by Aquiria. The game is roughly half finished and planned for a June 23rd release in Japan.

Old News I Haven't Mentioned Yet
-Gundam Breaker 3 (PS4 & Vita) releases this Thursday, March the 3rd. An Asian version with English language options will be releasing on April 28th.
-Summon Night 6 (PS4) will be releasing in Japan next Thursday, March the 10th. Unfortunately there won't be English available in the Asian release, that turned out to be misinformation initially from Play-Asia, then spread through various gaming news sites.

desocietas

« Reply #110 on: March 01, 2016, 05:31:16 pm »
Has someone already mentioned Star Ocean 5?
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

abe

« Reply #111 on: March 01, 2016, 05:34:09 pm »

I believe I mentioned it when it was first announced, but since it's been confirmed for a NA release, I've left it to be discussed in Argyle's thread.

desocietas

« Reply #112 on: March 01, 2016, 05:37:44 pm »

I believe I mentioned it when it was first announced, but since it's been confirmed for a NA release, I've left it to be discussed in Argyle's thread.

Ah, gotcha - just checking! It's been all over my Twitter lately and wasn't sure if it was mentioned in the VGC forums yet :)
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

abe

« Reply #113 on: May 17, 2016, 06:04:36 pm »
Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA Future Tone (PS4) now has a Japanese release date of June 23rd. The game will be available through the Japanese PSN store only, with the game application releasing as free software known as "Prelude". Two song packs will be available to be purchased and used with the application. "Future Sound" and "Colorful Tone" will cost 3900 yen before taxes. If one were to purchase both packs, the game will have well over 200 songs and a huge number of modules as well.

While I'd like to say a localization is likely, with the huge number of songs and all the licensing issues that would come with releasing them in another country, it's more than likely that this game will stay in Japan. However, the PS4 is region free and it's not too difficult to make a Japanese PSN account to buy the game with. Those who preorder the game will receive two original PS4 themes as a bonus.

More info here: http://gematsu.com/2016/05/hatsune-miku-project-diva-future-tone-launches-june-23-japan