Author Topic: Games everyone hates but you love?  (Read 23168 times)

turf

PRO Supporter

Re: Games everyone hates but you love?
« Reply #120 on: August 21, 2016, 12:35:58 am »
Deadly Towers. I really do enjoy playing it and actually finished it back in the day

I quite like this one too.  Never got around to finishing it, but if you can get used to the controls and give it a chance it is a fun game.

I usually say that everyone is in titled to their opinion; but in this case, you are just wrong.

maximo310

« Reply #121 on: August 21, 2016, 02:24:09 am »
Dark Spire on the DS got some pretty lukewarm reviews when it first came out back in the day. But after playing it for a few hours, it's a very solid experience for a game that recreates 80's styled dungeon crawlers for a modern handheld.  It also gets pretty difficult near the end of the game, so that probably turns a few people out.

jupiter

« Reply #122 on: August 21, 2016, 02:43:26 am »
As I'm jumping back into Diablo III a bit lately I'll note that in this topic as well. It's not exactly "classic" but it has put on a bit of age. A lot has changed with that game over time and it seems to be generally well received nowadays (nothing like D2 mind you) but I remember the vitriol spewed against it on launch.

I enjoyed it even at launch, though it was a departure from the series and quite a turn from what it was in mid-development. It still has that famous Blizzard polish and it's leagues ahead over it's contemporary genre brethren when it comes to controls and smooth action. (Looking at you early Path of Exile...)

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #123 on: August 21, 2016, 09:59:32 am »
As I'm jumping back into Diablo III a bit lately I'll note that in this topic as well. It's not exactly "classic" but it has put on a bit of age. A lot has changed with that game over time and it seems to be generally well received nowadays (nothing like D2 mind you) but I remember the vitriol spewed against it on launch.

I enjoyed it even at launch, though it was a departure from the series and quite a turn from what it was in mid-development. It still has that famous Blizzard polish and it's leagues ahead over it's contemporary genre brethren when it comes to controls and smooth action. (Looking at you early Path of Exile...)

People had Diablo III?  I love this game. I'm playing through it right now.  I've never played a Diablo game.  That may be why I dig this one so much.  It's the best time I've had on my PS4 yet.

« Reply #124 on: August 25, 2016, 11:20:16 am »
Alot of people don't like Sonic 3d Blast, but I liike it alot. I wouldn't say I love it, but I think it gets way to much crap for a game that doesn't really deserve it. I think it's a technical marvel that could put a game thats 3d and have it still look that good. I also like collectathons, so the game itself doesn't bore me. It's still not the best game I've ever played, but definitely not bad.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #125 on: August 25, 2016, 12:35:03 pm »
Alot of people don't like Sonic 3d Blast, but I liike it alot. I wouldn't say I love it, but I think it gets way to much crap for a game that doesn't really deserve it. I think it's a technical marvel that could put a game thats 3d and have it still look that good. I also like collectathons, so the game itself doesn't bore me. It's still not the best game I've ever played, but definitely not bad.

I liked 3D Blast, too. Not as good as the Sonic games before, but still fun. And I feel it's better than some of the later 3D games we got on later, non-Sega consoles.

jupiter

« Reply #126 on: August 27, 2016, 12:29:01 am »

People had Diablo III?  I love this game. I'm playing through it right now.  I've never played a Diablo game.  That may be why I dig this one so much.  It's the best time I've had on my PS4 yet.

Yeah on launch/well after there was a huge crowd of folks (D2 fanatics I suppose) who were opposed to the direction took in D3 (itemization and auction house, mostly). I agree with them on some points but overall it was and still is a badass game. Especially on console, where I feel the need to have a "meta" build is diminished and unique builds are more common.

Still need to pick it up on my ps4 though, a bit frustrating when I've already paid for the game twice (ps3 + pc)