Author Topic: Anime/Manga/Etc...  (Read 109858 times)

Re: Anime/Manga/Etc...
« Reply #270 on: July 21, 2016, 04:55:12 am »
Just finished Season 1 of Danganronpa  and damn i loved it.  Unique as hell and would recommend it.  Its honestly a mix of Battle Royale and Ace Attorney i just love it!

I've thought about checking it out. I  kinda already know the general plot of everything, but it seemed interesting enough.

doafan

« Reply #271 on: July 21, 2016, 10:37:46 am »
No one is a helpless damsel

That's what I like about this one, not even Subaru is helpless I still haven't seen episode 16 cause the last one leaved a rare impression in me, so will wait until this next Saturday meanwhile am gonna continue with the rest of the other three series from this season, am glad that you decided to give this one a try, you won't be disappointed  ;)

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

« Reply #272 on: July 23, 2016, 03:42:25 am »
Man, Inferno Cop is amazingly dumb.  Trigger is just a wonderful studio lol

azure

« Reply #273 on: July 23, 2016, 03:00:57 pm »

Yes, Inferno Cop is some good senseless fun. Never change Trigger.

« Reply #274 on: July 23, 2016, 03:37:21 pm »

Yes, Inferno Cop is some good senseless fun. Never change Trigger.

I'm glad I finished Inferno Cop first before finishing Space Patrol Luluco, or else the Inferno Cop cameo would've made a little less sense lol

« Reply #275 on: July 25, 2016, 02:28:07 am »
*Slightly spoilery talk for Episode 17 of Re:Zero*

I know Subaru is basically being driven insane with all of his deaths and everything that happens to him, but the whole time he's trying to talk to Emilia, I'm just saying "Tell her about the cultists, tell her about the cultists, tell her about the cultists, TELL HER ABOUT THE CULTISTS...Or just grab her and tell her she's useless. Sure.  That works."  Also his inability to connect the loss of Rem to the magically flying whale is frustrating too.  When faced with multiple instances of people being erased from existence because of the whale, he can't put it together.

Probably being far too harsh and looking at this as an outsider who has the convenience of piecing it together, but it seems pretty obvious with the caravan driver disappearing, Otto not remembering Rem, and Ram also not remembering her.  With that, he should've been wondering "why", rather than just simply lashing out, like it's their fault.  I'm pretty sure they would just have that be the result of his sanity slipping way, but I personally hate frustrating stuff like that.  That kind of stuff just drives me nuts lol I don't care if it might make sense in the story, I want it to stop and for them to realize what is going on lol

« Reply #276 on: July 31, 2016, 09:44:49 pm »
Another emotional rollercoaster for Re:Zero, but in a good way this time as it seems like the story can really progress now after the hell Subaru went through.  It was getting more increasingly dark and I wasn't sure if they'd pull out of that tailspin or not.  Rem is also confirmed as best girl.

maximo310

« Reply #277 on: August 04, 2016, 02:21:23 am »
So it looks like I jumped the gun, and Berserk looks like it will cover the end of the Convention arc, with the priest and his subordinates; sorry about that. The cg faces still make me laugh my ass off, and it's a bit weird when one scene has half of the people and background moving in 2d animation, and the other half are cg models, and it just looks so out of place.

I've also been watching Jojo Part 4; the adaptation is actually really good. Also blazed through Jojo manga pts. 3-8 last week so I'm fully caught up with the series. I really enjoyed most of the parts; weakest one in my opinion was Part 5.  The few things that were jarring were : Josuke in early part 4, Jotaro looking a bit too young in pt. 6. This is truly an awesome series, and its amazing that its still going after almost 30 years. The art in parts 7/8 is also incredible; defenitely check it out if you plan to read it.

Planning to start reading Welcome to the N.H.K., especially since I enjoyed reading Goodnight Punpun, and wanted to check out more of this guy's works.

Edit: Finished N.H.K.; thought it was too short but alright.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 04:35:31 am by maximo310 »

« Reply #278 on: August 04, 2016, 03:12:14 am »
So it looks like I jumped the gun, and Berserk looks like it will cover the end of the Convention arc, with the priest and his subordinates; sorry about that. The cg faces still make me laugh my ass off, and it's a bit weird when one scene has half of the people and background moving in 2d animation, and the other half are cg models, and it just looks so out of place.

Yeah I've basically stopped Berserk at episode 3.  I don't hate it as much as others do, but it's just so ugly looking and the good looking parts are so far and few between.  The upcoming Berserk game looks leagues better in visuals.

maximo310

« Reply #279 on: August 04, 2016, 05:19:29 am »

Yeah I've basically stopped Berserk at episode 3.  I don't hate it as much as others do, but it's just so ugly looking and the good looking parts are so far and few between.  The upcoming Berserk game looks leagues better in visuals.
Yeah, I'm pretty impressed with how it looks so far, as well as the multiple playable character including Zodd. If there's a physical PS3 Asian version, I might import it as long as it runs ok and the price isn't super high like some of the other anime game imports like Eyes of Heaven.

doafan

« Reply #280 on: August 04, 2016, 04:24:40 pm »
Finally managed to found my fourth Anime from this season but before I say the name of this one have to say that the episode 16 of Re: Zero gave me an horrible headache really didn't understand what the hell was happening at this one, the relation between the white whale and Rem's disappearance from the memory of everybody and what happen next was intense and this is why haven't seen the latest episode even when it was released days ago, Taboo Tattoo is getting a couple of "gore" scenes with the supporting characters of the story which I still like it just hope that they don't get that much since I only decided to see this one for the Plot and the fights, need to watch episode five whenever have some free time, Masou Gakuen HxH is becoming a Hentai but don't have any problem with this so am not gonna say more about this one about the second of Shokugeki no Souma as always every episode leaves me starving and really can't wait to see how Souma will beat Subaru at the shokugeki.

And finally Amanchu took my full atention, have seen the first two episodes but totally love the interactions between Hikari and Futaba, there is no fights, gore or plot here just a pure an entertaining good Anime where the background music is pure awesome also the relax atmosphere that this show has to offer makes me feel better after a bad day of work, the kinda of Anime that everybody needs to watch to have some fun, Whoop whoopity whoop!  ;D

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

« Reply #281 on: August 05, 2016, 05:43:47 am »
After watching the awful Ghostbusters, I'm glad I still had episodes of Flying Witch left to watch.  Such a delightful and charming show that calms everything down.  With that over with, I think Amanchu will be the replacement, muppet faces and all lol That and Sweetness & Lightning are my two casual relaxing shows of the season.

maximo310

« Reply #282 on: August 10, 2016, 09:02:21 pm »
Does anyone know what's exactly going on in Dragon Ball Super? I haven't been watching the show for a while, but it seems that there is an evil " Goku" that can travel through dimensions and its a bit jarring because I probably missed some backstory.

Abunai Sisters had all 10 episodes on kissanime, so me and some friends decided to watch it, but wow its such a horrible show with really ugly CGI and made by Production I.G. of all companies. This got sandwiched between two bad fan shows on youtube, Tokyo Crystal Mew and Nyan Neko Sugar Girls.

On the manga side, I started Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin. The artwork and mechs are top-notch, and I'm liking how the story is coming out compared to the original anime. Certain characters get some characterization as well. Also got Gantz and Vagabond on my backlog along with 20th and 21st century boys.

« Reply #283 on: August 11, 2016, 12:30:33 am »
Does anyone know what's exactly going on in Dragon Ball Super? I haven't been watching the show for a while, but it seems that there is an evil " Goku" that can travel through dimensions and its a bit jarring because I probably missed some backstory.

I've been waiting on the English dub of Dragon Ball Super, because I will never watch that subbed lol

« Reply #284 on: August 11, 2016, 04:32:56 am »
Sidenote, does anyone know of any place that does like high quality screenshots of anime that makes really good backgrounds, in particular like more real world settings? 

Stuff like this...
http://d-kamiichi.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/shinkaimakoto-per_second_5_centimeters-film.jpg

It's what I usually use for my desktop backgrounds if I don't have anything else.

Real world stuff can work to if it's visually interesting like this which is basically my current background.
http://blog.hdwallsource.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/mt-fuji-widescreen-wallpaper-51291-52987-hd-wallpapers.jpg

Doesn't have to be bright and pretty also, it can be more melancholy things as long as it feels like something that seems rather Japanese and true to that style.
http://s3.best-desktop-wallpaper.net/images/640/57/5f8782c661b9eae4022fafcfb6480740.jpg