Author Topic: Select Club Nintendo Platinum folks will receive codes for 3DS Smash early demo  (Read 4642 times)

davifus

Uhhh I think I smashed too hard...

"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

haloofthesun

You're the 4th person I've seen has had that happen to

maximo310

Got the code and I'm downloading it right now! I can't wait to try it out!

davifus

My overall opinion for this game is a bit disappointing.
I have played Melee & Brawl at competitive levels.
Base on the 3DS demo:
1) Extremely floaty (Expecting the same from WiiU) - it might change with certain character due to their weight but still very floaty.
2) Awkward Button placement
3) Bad on D-pad (Rubber Fell)
4) DI is way too easy in this game.
5) Lack of a Gamecube controller

maximo310

Base on the 3DS demo:
1) Extremely floaty (Expecting the same from WiiU) - it might change with certain character due to their weight but still very floaty.
I can agree with a majority of these points, although its amazing that the rubber analog came off so easy from your 3ds. Is DI directional imput?

karyann

Base on the 3DS demo:

I'm just trying to unerstand some points, not to bash or anything:

1)Did you play previous games recently? I have been playing Brawl a lot recently and I don't feel like it's floaty.
2) This one will indeed vary from person to person depending on hand size and preferences. Seeing as you have a small 3DS, you may want to try it on an XL for more fun.
3) I haven't had any problem, but that sucks  :o
4) Did you play with three lvl9 AIs?
5) Lol  :P

lol GC controller support on 3DS? lol Virtual Boy all over again

I have one spare download code for the demo if anyone wants it, just shoot me a pm and I'll get back to you

I gave it away
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 10:04:08 am by sweetfire13 »

davifus

Base on the 3DS demo:
I can agree with a majority of these points, although its amazing that the rubber analog came off so easy from your 3ds. Is DI directional imput?
Directional influence

Base on the 3DS demo:

I'm just trying to unerstand some points, not to bash or anything:

1)Did you play previous games recently? I have been playing Brawl a lot recently and I don't feel like it's floaty.
2) This one will indeed vary from person to person depending on hand size and preferences. Seeing as you have a small 3DS, you may want to try it on an XL for more fun.
3) I haven't had any problem, but that sucks  :o
4) Did you play with three lvl9 AIs?
5) Lol  :P

I have played both melee and brawl just yesterday. Sm4sh is just as floaty as brawl.

The size of my ds is not going help any thing related to my button placement.

I smashed too hard

Regardless of how many cpu, di is a lot easier here.

Overall im disappointed by sm4sh but it still fun because its a new game.

tpugmire

Man it really sucks that the only reason I wasn't eligible was because I didn't opt into their spam email. All platinum members should be getting codes :(
I'm in the same boat. If anyone has a spare code, let me know. I'd like to check the game out.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

karyann

I have played both melee and brawl just yesterday. Sm4sh is just as floaty as brawl.

I smashed too hard

What do you mean by di? At first I thought it was a typo for AI, but since you said it twice I guess it wasn't haha. I don't know what di means, sorry.

I'm confused as to why you don't like the button placement, did you not like it in other games too? I found it easy to grasp controls because they are positioned in a pretty similar way to the gamecube controller. Also, I hate the n64 version compared to the others, if that helps understanding my position :)

I smashed too hard

What do you mean by di? At first I thought it was a typo for AI, but since you said it twice I guess it wasn't haha. I don't know what di means, sorry.

I'm confused as to why you don't like the button placement, did you not like it in other games too? I found it easy to grasp controls because they are positioned in a pretty similar way to the gamecube controller. Also, I hate the n64 version compared to the others, if that helps understanding my position :)

DI or Directional Input is an advanced technique that is used by mostly competitive players that helps slow your momentum towards one direction by pressing the opposite direction on your dpad/analogue stick. For example an attack sends you flaying off the stage to the right, by pressing holding the analogue stick to the left asap it will prevent you from flying as far as you would to the right had you not used DI. Hopefully that makes sense.

davifus

I smashed too hard

Directional Influence

Source: http://www.ssbwiki.com/Directional_influence

It mostly because I play hours and hours of ssb melee & brawl that my muscle is accustomed to the position of the GC controller. Nintendo did a amazing job with the GC button placement. I dont really think the DS button placement is the same as GC (placement as in how far and spread out the buttons were).
« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 12:52:37 pm by davifus »

maximo310

Alright, now I fully understand why it was pretty easy to recover from those enemy attacks compared to some of the other games in the series. Also, the original 3ds button placement seems pretty cramped for those with big hands(me), so a 3ds xl from what I've seen will help you execute attacks better without interference from other buttons.

karyann

Oh, I see. Very well explained, don't worry :P Please disregard my previous comment about AI then haha. And I noticed too that it was easier to recover, though I kinda like how they did it. When you go flying, you really fly into the "wall", so you have to place a good KO.