Author Topic: October 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 34429 times)

Bwigdahl

Re: October 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #75 on: October 07, 2014, 12:43:13 am »
Chubby Cherub
Terra Cresta
Best of the Best

60 to go

But you just got "Best of the Best" so you can just end it now right? I mean what's the point, you've peaked!

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #76 on: October 07, 2014, 12:47:47 am »
Chubby Cherub
Terra Cresta
Best of the Best

60 to go

But you just got "Best of the Best" so you can just end it now right? I mean what's the point, you've peaked!
It's Best of the Best in title alone. That game sucks. It's just really hard to find.

Besides, everyone knows Daniel-san would beat these dudes asses

maximo310

« Reply #77 on: October 07, 2014, 12:53:18 am »
So for game #666, I got Sonic '06.  It has begun.

I'm 100% through Sonic and Shadow and 50% through Silver... That Silver campaign is a nightmare.
Oh yeah, I'm going to have to brave the raging inferno for this one, and yeah Silver is just terrible along with everything else that could go wrong with the game. I think Shadow's part is the best of the three, with the other two, and its really a shame that the game played and looked better in beta than the final release, a trait only shared with the infamous Superman N64.

jcalder8

« Reply #78 on: October 07, 2014, 02:32:08 am »
No need for a picture but I have recently picked up:

Skylanders Swap Force Starter Set for the PS4 - $15
Shadow of Mordor for the PS4 - $3.65 after an exchange
Skylanders Swap Force Starter Set Dark Edition for the 360 - $30

Those Skylanders pack are a steal! Did you get them in stores?
Yup I did. The PS4 games were both from Target and the Dark Edition was from Gamestop

Edit: Then today I picked up Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate for the Wii-U. I have been wanting this one for so long! It was only $20 :D
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 02:37:41 am by jcalder8 »

argyle

« Reply #79 on: October 07, 2014, 09:56:55 am »
A bit late, but here's my weekend haul:

IMG_4243

IMG_4244

IMG_4245

IMG_4246

I got the Pokemon manga, figures, guide and 2 non-game related books that aren't pictured - Howl's Moving Castle & The Neverending Story - from a girl at one sale for $20 total.  I asked her about games, but she didn't think to bring the ones she isn't currently playing.  Turns out I already have that guide, so I'll be throwing it up on a trade list I'm putting together.

Rygar, Ninja Assault and the 2 Silent Scope games I got from my local retro store for $25 total.  Dead Rising was a Gamestop pickup.  Metroid: Other M - after all my bad mouthing it in this thread :P - was a yard sale pickup for $5.  I still hate the game, but wanted it in my collection because it's a Metroid.  Plus I had asked the guy if he had had any games and after digging around for a bit he only came back with that & a Wii Sports game.  I hate to not buy anything after people put forth some effort to find something, so I figured since that's the best price I've seen on it I'd go ahead & grab it.  The 3 PS1 games along with Marathon 2 for the PC & Excitebike 64 I got from a thrift store when I was visiting my parents Sat. afternoon.  The PS1 games were $2 each (except for Ridge Racer which was $3 for some reason).  Cases are in rough shape, but the manuals, inserts and disks are all in very good to incredible condition.  I can replace cases, so I snatched them up. :) Excitebike was $5. I'm not a PC collector, but I figured Marathon was enough of a curiosity to warrant a $2 purchase.

Finally I got a pair of nice speakers for my retro setup for $8.  And that CRT TV I grabbed last week in a yard sale for $15 - it's much nicer than my old one, which I think was going out anyway. Unfortunately the receiver I grabbed last week doesn't work, so I'm still using my old one which has a short or something because it "crackles".  :-\
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 10:00:20 am by argyle »
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

Warmsignal

« Reply #80 on: October 07, 2014, 11:21:10 am »
Darn it, I knew somebody here would make me regret passing up on Rygar for the Wii this past weekend! I mean, I already have the PS2 version is why I passed, but still seems like the superior version is probably the Wii one.

By the way Argyle, I take it the GS trip yielded no complete Excite Bots or Blast Works??

Chubby Cherub
Terra Cresta
Best of the Best

60 to go

How much did that Chubby sucker set you back? I know that one is spendy, I'd like to get it some day as well.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #81 on: October 07, 2014, 11:56:51 am »
Darn it, I knew somebody here would make me regret passing up on Rygar for the Wii this past weekend! I mean, I already have the PS2 version is why I passed, but still seems like the superior version is probably the Wii one.

By the way Argyle, I take it the GS trip yielded no complete Excite Bots or Blast Works??

Chubby Cherub
Terra Cresta
Best of the Best

60 to go

How much did that Chubby sucker set you back? I know that one is spendy, I'd like to get it some day as well.

$25, I think.  I roll the dice every now and then on "acceptable" condition games on Amazon.  I've had pretty good luck doing that. I'd say I'm 75% or so on the game being B+ or better condition.   

Unfortunately, it didn't work out this time.  It's got a tear on the top label.  You can't win every time.  I'll still be looking for a label upgrade.

argyle

« Reply #82 on: October 07, 2014, 12:08:12 pm »

I knew there was someone I need to get up with today, thanks for reminding me. :) Blast Works was complete...but the cover was *badly* faded, looked like it had sat out in the sun for a long time. :( My local BB has a used copy of it that looks to be in much better shape - but it's $8 I believe, and I can't check condition of the disk or if the manual is there without buying it since they seal them up.  Your call.  Haven't seen a complete Excite Bots. :(

Trade in day at the game store and got a few things I've been needing for the collection.  In particular I got the Time Crisis package, mostly just for the gun, so that I can then look to get Resident Evil: Dead Aim one of these days lol

How much was that Guncon 2 bundle, if you don't mind me asking? I'm looking at a similar one on Ebay right now that looks like a really good deal, but then again I haven't been pricing them lately.
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

Warmsignal

« Reply #83 on: October 07, 2014, 05:20:34 pm »

Chubby Cherub
Terra Cresta
Best of the Best

60 to go

$25, I think.  I roll the dice every now and then on "acceptable" condition games on Amazon.  I've had pretty good luck doing that. I'd say I'm 75% or so on the game being B+ or better condition.   

Unfortunately, it didn't work out this time.  It's got a tear on the top label.  You can't win every time.  I'll still be looking for a label upgrade.

What are your thoughts on repro labels? I plan on doing that to any terrible ones I have. I think their is a site that takes requests for $5, but really it's an easy DIY.

abe

« Reply #84 on: October 07, 2014, 05:59:57 pm »
Today I managed to find a physical copy of The Shivering Isles expansion pack for Oblivion on the PS3. It even still had the nice map of the Shivering Isles, and was in pretty good condition overall. ;D Aside from that, I finally received my Limited Edition of Ar nosurge: Ode to an Unborn Star in the mail. It only took two weeks. :P (There were some initial issues with billing my order for some reason, then some orders got delayed in NISA's warehouse)
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #85 on: October 07, 2014, 06:58:50 pm »

Chubby Cherub
Terra Cresta
Best of the Best

60 to go

What are your thoughts on repro labels? I plan on doing that to any terrible ones I have. I think their is a site that takes requests for $5, but really it's an easy DIY.

As tempting as it is, no. Just no.

I want an all original game. I understand that some people don't have a problem with it, but I can't stand it. I'd rather have a trashed cart than one with a repro label.

« Reply #86 on: October 07, 2014, 07:59:53 pm »
Oooooo Marathon 2. I Love early Bungie.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #87 on: October 08, 2014, 01:14:54 pm »
Latest purchase -

PS4 version of Pier Solar.
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

karyann

« Reply #88 on: October 08, 2014, 03:36:29 pm »
A bit late, but here's my weekend haul:

I got the Pokemon manga, figures, guide and 2 non-game related books that aren't pictured - Howl's Moving Castle & The Neverending Story - from a girl at one sale for $20 total.  I asked her about games, but she didn't think to bring the ones she isn't currently playing.  Turns out I already have that guide, so I'll be throwing it up on a trade list I'm putting together.

Rygar, Ninja Assault and the 2 Silent Scope games I got from my local retro store for $25 total.  Dead Rising was a Gamestop pickup.  Metroid: Other M - after all my bad mouthing it in this thread :P - was a yard sale pickup for $5.  I still hate the game, but wanted it in my collection because it's a Metroid.  Plus I had asked the guy if he had had any games and after digging around for a bit he only came back with that & a Wii Sports game.  I hate to not buy anything after people put forth some effort to find something, so I figured since that's the best price I've seen on it I'd go ahead & grab it.  The 3 PS1 games along with Marathon 2 for the PC & Excitebike 64 I got from a thrift store when I was visiting my parents Sat. afternoon.  The PS1 games were $2 each (except for Ridge Racer which was $3 for some reason).  Cases are in rough shape, but the manuals, inserts and disks are all in very good to incredible condition.  I can replace cases, so I snatched them up. :) Excitebike was $5. I'm not a PC collector, but I figured Marathon was enough of a curiosity to warrant a $2 purchase.

Finally I got a pair of nice speakers for my retro setup for $8.  And that CRT TV I grabbed last week in a yard sale for $15 - it's much nicer than my old one, which I think was going out anyway. Unfortunately the receiver I grabbed last week doesn't work, so I'm still using my old one which has a short or something because it "crackles".  :-\

Holy crap, that Pokémon stuff! Nice haul!

argyle

« Reply #89 on: October 08, 2014, 04:09:44 pm »

Holy crap, that Pokémon stuff! Nice haul!

Thanks, I'm a sucker for any kind of little figures like that. :)

Also, I swapped out the jewel cases on 2 of the PS1 games last night - Star Wars and Colony Wars, Ridge Racer's case was in really good condition already - and those 2 games are near-mint now.  Kind of surprising given the state of the booth at the thrift store where I found them.  It was one of those thrift stores where people rent a booth & tag their stuff but they don't actually stay there to sell it.  Anyway, there were a ton of cds & games mixed together in a glass case that was thankfully open so I could dig through them.  In addition to what I found there was also a copy of Contra: Legacy of War but the case inserts were very badly faded so I left it.  Then I found a case for a pinball game that a really wanted, but no sign of the disk - I even looked through most of the other cases because some disks were mixed up.  Oh well, still happy with what I got! :D