Author Topic: Collection search?  (Read 1668 times)

amunjazz

Collection search?
« on: October 09, 2014, 05:52:48 pm »
I would like to have a search system of my collection, sometimes it is arduous to find a game by hand (you cannot browse all the collection in one page when you have many items, so the search function implemented in the browser is kind of limited) I think it could improve the web usability.

Today I normally export my collection to .csv and then use the search function in MS Excel, which is faster than using the VGCollect webpage.
This is not a signature.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

Re: Collection search?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2014, 05:59:10 pm »
I would like to have a search system of my collection, sometimes it is arduous to find a game by hand...

Indeed, new VGC'er...in all sooth, many & more things in this life are "arduous to do by hand:P
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

amunjazz

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2015, 08:14:56 am »
Hahaha surely, life is that way sometimes  :P
This is not a signature.

desocietas

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2015, 01:30:40 pm »
I would like to have a search system of my collection, sometimes it is arduous to find a game by hand (you cannot browse all the collection in one page when you have many items, so the search function implemented in the browser is kind of limited) I think it could improve the web usability.

Today I normally export my collection to .csv and then use the search function in MS Excel, which is faster than using the VGCollect webpage.

I like this idea!
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2015, 01:32:54 pm »
Technically you could search the game and on its page at the bottom it will say if its in your collection or wish list.

desocietas

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2015, 03:08:44 pm »
Technically you could search the game and on its page at the bottom it will say if its in your collection or wish list.

The OP wants to search *within* their collection, though.  Like if I want to see all my Shin Megami games, for instance.  It'd be nice to have an advanced search of some sort that would allow you to narrow where it is that you're searching in.  Or if I wanted to search someone else's collection to see if they had a particular game.

If the collection were all viewable on one page, we could easily do a ctrl+f, but we can't :/
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

retroone

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2015, 03:15:36 pm »

I like this idea!
I second this idea!

topspot123

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2015, 07:21:14 pm »

I like this idea!
I second this idea!

Thirded.  I would find this function useful as well.

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2015, 06:09:54 am »
YES!! I have wanted this for a while.