Author Topic: November 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 34936 times)

argyle

Re: November 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #240 on: November 25, 2014, 09:47:40 pm »
Picked a gamecube today on Kijiji with 3 games for 20 dollars.

-Soul Calibur 2
-Resistant Evil
-Dead 2 Rights

Gamecube also came with a gameboy reader attached to the bottom. I didn't even realize until I got home that it was there! All and all 20 dollars so I'm content !  8)

That's a nice bonus w/ the Gameboy player - as long as it came w/ the disk. If not, not so much - the disk will actually run you more than the player itself.  :-\

Yeah it didn't come with the disk  >:( Ill have to keep my eye out for one in the future!

I feel your pain - I found a Wavebird at a yard sale this summer, no receiver. :(
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

« Reply #241 on: November 25, 2014, 11:40:24 pm »

Super Smash Bros Wii U controller bundle
Yoshi Amiibo
Sky Destroyer (Famicom) $5
Donkey Konga (JP) CIB $6.50 (+18 shipping)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #242 on: November 26, 2014, 06:26:42 am »
Gotshifting world, and Persona Q wild card edition for the 3DS

Hows persona Q? I had the limited edition pre ordered on Amazon but ended up cancelling it. Worth getting it?

the reviews for it are pretty favorable - unless you ask someone who's played the JP version, since it just came out yesterday - you really won't be getting any very informed opinions on it yet :o
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #243 on: November 27, 2014, 12:40:38 am »
Picked a gamecube today on Kijiji with 3 games for 20 dollars.

-Soul Calibur 2
-Resistant Evil
-Dead 2 Rights

Gamecube also came with a gameboy reader attached to the bottom. I didn't even realize until I got home that it was there! All and all 20 dollars so I'm content !  8)

That's a nice bonus w/ the Gameboy player - as long as it came w/ the disk. If not, not so much - the disk will actually run you more than the player itself.  :-\

Yeah it didn't come with the disk  >:( Ill have to keep my eye out for one in the future!

I feel your pain - I found a Wavebird at a yard sale this summer, no receiver. :(

Don't feel too bad... I found a wavebird with a receiver at a yardsale for $5. Was super stoked until it shorted out my Wii. It's being repaired by Nintendo right now as we speak.

Picked up some stuff today:
Ranma 1/2 Super Famicom ($10)
Resident Evil 5 Hardcover Strategy Guide

And my Kirby's Dream Collection I ordered from Amazon came in today.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 12:42:48 am by dashv »

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #244 on: November 27, 2014, 01:23:50 am »
Ordering a PS4 tomorrow (hopefully) 
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

« Reply #245 on: November 27, 2014, 01:30:34 am »
Picked up Zelda: A Link between Worlds and Code of Princess w/ soundtrack for $10 each tonight. Woohoo!!!

Warmsignal

« Reply #246 on: November 27, 2014, 04:32:04 am »
Picked up Zelda: A Link between Worlds and Code of Princess w/ soundtrack for $10 each tonight. Woohoo!!!

I see you're still trying to one-up The Flea.

soera

« Reply #247 on: November 27, 2014, 09:34:44 am »

Where you get that Code of Princess for that price?

foxhack

« Reply #248 on: November 27, 2014, 10:16:36 am »
Don't feel too bad... I found a wavebird with a receiver at a yardsale for $5. Was super stoked until it shorted out my Wii. It's being repaired by Nintendo right now as we speak.

Picked up some stuff today:
Ranma 1/2 Super Famicom ($10)
Resident Evil 5 Hardcover Strategy Guide

And my Kirby's Dream Collection I ordered from Amazon came in today.

Um... being the bearer of bad news again... That Ranma 1/2 is a bootleg. :(

This is what the cart should look like.

« Reply #249 on: November 27, 2014, 10:33:45 am »

I see you're still trying to one-up The Flea.

How so?

I didn't find it at a garage sale for $1 along with a box of ultra rare snes games for an additional $5 ;)

I got a good deal, just wanted to share it.

« Reply #250 on: November 27, 2014, 10:36:36 am »

Where you get that Code of Princess for that price?

I'm friends with several employees (and the manager) at a local game store. They're doing a pretty sweet black friday sale, and they decided to give me sale early. They were each $20 used, but the sale made them 50% off.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #251 on: November 27, 2014, 01:33:54 pm »

Traded my copy of Resident Evil 5 (which I hated after playing it for about an hour) for Area 51 on XBox. This isn't the light-gun arcade shooter, I already have that on my PS1. This is a first-person shooter based on the light-gun shooter.

Has anyone played this? It looked good, and it seemed to have good reviews. It sounded like a good single-player campaign, which is what I'm looking for. Can anyone here affirm this?

Got this in a trade on GameTZ. I was very surprised. I rarely get offers or responses to my offers on that website anymore. 99Gamers.com has been far more active. Glad to see some people are still using GameTZ for something other than keeping tabs on their collection.

I also got another copy of MechAssault for XBox because apparently mine was damaged. At closer inspection, it had the dreaded disc-rot. First time EVER I've come across this. And it's quite surprising considering it's as new as an original XBox game when I have plenty of Saturn and PS1 games that are fine.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 01:35:37 pm by burningdoom »

thekosmickollector

« Reply #252 on: November 27, 2014, 01:39:39 pm »
Picked up this amazing little bargain off of eBay with some of my birthday money. Atari 2600 Jr. boxed with 2 boxed Zip Stik joysticks, and 7 games; Donkey Kong, Wizard of Wor, Frostbite, Dig Dug, Pele's Soccer, Frogger and Centipede (with manual). Came to £30, was so pleased when I found it!

Also, some other things I got from my friends & other birthday money-related spending (Not pictured)
Xbox 360

Shadows of the Damned  -  £5
Halo 4 CE - £10
Driver: San Francisco - Gift :D
Star Wars: The Force Unleased - Gift :D

PS3

FIFA 10 - Gift :D

PC

ASUS  U46S Gaming Laptop - A gift from a very excellent friend :D

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #253 on: November 27, 2014, 02:14:57 pm »
Nice pickup!

And Fox you are right about my Ranma 1/2 being a bootleg. Although I did not know it at the time of purchase. Do we have a thread here in VG collect about how to spot these things (bootlegs) in the wild?

If not I'll create one. The game is what it claims to be on the label and is both recognized and playable on the Retron 5. Looking at it now though there are several easy ways to spot it as a fake even without opening it up (which I just did).

pacpix

« Reply #254 on: November 27, 2014, 04:37:33 pm »
Nice pick up on that 2600!  Wizard of Wor is a fantastic game, especially with two players.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)