Author Topic: November 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 34968 times)

Re: November 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #255 on: November 27, 2014, 07:30:46 pm »
Billy Hatcher on the Gamecube for $3.99 complete. Remember it from a Metal Jesus video about gamecube hidden gems.

foxhack

« Reply #256 on: November 27, 2014, 07:34:20 pm »
Billy Hatcher on the Gamecube for $3.99 complete. Remember it from a Metal Jesus video about gamecube hidden gems.

I'm still wondering why Sega hasn't released that on Steam. A PC version exists, dammit!

maximo310

« Reply #257 on: November 27, 2014, 09:26:02 pm »

I'm still wondering why Sega hasn't released that on Steam. A PC version exists, dammit!
I don't know why they haven't done it already. The PC port was apparently PAL only, and released 3 years after the games release, but there is a version available here: http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-BILLY/billy-hatcher-and-the-giant-egg . The game supports 360 controllers, has no widescreen support compared to the Gamecube version, and apparently there can be some bad frame-rate issues from too much action, but its a pretty decent port for the most part.

foxhack

« Reply #258 on: November 27, 2014, 09:56:23 pm »

I don't know why they haven't done it already. The PC port was apparently PAL only, and released 3 years after the games release, but there is a version available here: http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-BILLY/billy-hatcher-and-the-giant-egg . The game supports 360 controllers, has no widescreen support compared to the Gamecube version, and apparently there can be some bad frame-rate issues from too much action, but its a pretty decent port for the most part.

The game is also available digitally through Amazon. It's been up there for YEARS. :|

maximo310

« Reply #259 on: November 27, 2014, 10:02:45 pm »

The game is also available digitally through Amazon. It's been up there for YEARS. :|
Yeah, it really needs an enhanced port for Steam to clean up its original pc release problems, but Sega is pretty slow at putting some of their most needed games on Steam and some of their decisions are pretty surprising, like the Valkyria Chronicles port on Steam.

foxhack

« Reply #260 on: November 27, 2014, 10:13:20 pm »
Yeah, it really needs an enhanced port for Steam to clean up its original pc release problems, but Sega is pretty slow at putting some of their most needed games on Steam and some of their decisions are pretty surprising, like the Valkyria Chronicles port on Steam.

You mean the best selling PC game of theirs from the past several years? Sega made a LOT of money thanks to that port. It topped the chart on Steam during its release date, and it sold incredibly well in third party sites. They took a chance on this and made an insane amount of cash.

Sega's PC division has kept afloat thanks to their purchase of The Creative Assembly (Total War dev). They've recently started fixing their honestly really crappy Dreamcast Collection by adding achievements and updating the games for modern hardware. Now if only they'd fix the crappy emulator in Genesis Classics...

maximo310

« Reply #261 on: November 27, 2014, 11:05:57 pm »

You mean the best selling PC game of theirs from the past several years? Sega made a LOT of money thanks to that port. It topped the chart on Steam during its release date, and it sold incredibly well in third party sites. They took a chance on this and made an insane amount of cash.

Sega's PC division has kept afloat thanks to their purchase of The Creative Assembly (Total War dev). They've recently started fixing their honestly really crappy Dreamcast Collection by adding achievements and updating the games for modern hardware. Now if only they'd fix the crappy emulator in Genesis Classics...
The reason I was actually pretty surprised was that the original PS3 release for Valkyria Chronicles sold below expectations during its release in North America, after Sega executives had though it was be a success similar to the Japanese release, which may be a reason why there is still complete copies of the game hanging in Gamestop bins for $20. Sega had hurt the series even more by making the sequel on the PSP which had little marketing and didn't probably sell well as it result depsite positive reviews. Then, for the third games, they decided to keep it in Japan and not localize the game at all to other countries, pretty much limiting the series significantly. I never thought that with Sega's practices on localizing games here that they would make a PC port of the original Valkyria Chronicles, due to the low sales of the original release, however it seems that the positive aspects of the game passed to consumers from others and contributed to a massive sales success. I hope that those sales numbers can motivate Sega to work on fixing up their PC games,  and to release and  localize more games for all platforms.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #262 on: November 28, 2014, 12:15:58 am »
Shadow Warrior for the PS4

Warmsignal

« Reply #263 on: November 28, 2014, 12:21:25 am »
Witnessed the massive greediness of resellers tonight at Walmart. Waiting for my turn to pick up a single copy of Mario Kart 8, I saw a lady swoop up probably 25 copies of COD Advanced Warfare for XBOX One and run off, as well as many others grabbing the most games they could possible carry with no regard to what they grabbed.  ::)

I hope they were denied those quantities. Walmart could still easily sell them, there are plenty of people who actually want them, or want to gift a copy to someone, but probably couldn't get one because of these opportunists.

Off to GameStop in a few hours to hopefully pick up Xillia 2 for $20. Hopefully I won't see the same BS going on there, I'm pretty sure they limit quantities.

soera

« Reply #264 on: November 28, 2014, 12:28:53 am »
So Toys R Us had the Black Friday ad that stated "ALL Skylander trap team starter packs - $37.50". I had planned to pick it up at Black Friday this year since I knew they were going to mark it down ... they did it for the previous 3 years. We got there at 130 today and was first in line (they were going to open up at 500). I get in there and on the shelf is one single copy of the Dark edition for the Wii. I snatch it up, continue shopping and eventually make it to the register. The poor new girl at the register tells me its $108 and I show her the ad. She calls over the floor manager who argues with me for 5-10 minutes but I guess realizes that I am right in asking it to meet the ad and so she finally does. I now own the Dark edition Trap Team for $37. :D

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #265 on: November 28, 2014, 12:38:31 am »
No pickups or Black Friday stuff for me today.

Spent the day helping my wife prepare dinner. Then enjoyed visiting with friends and family (had 3 game systems going at once!) Then had dinner. Went for a walk. Had pumkin pie (made from real pumkins not canned stuff.)

Played some Who Shot Johnny Rock on CDi as we all laughed at the acting.

I'm beat. I'm sure I missed some deals. But I didn't miss the madness. :)

Here in the Bay Area people get shot and trampled on days like today and tomorrow.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #266 on: November 28, 2014, 09:57:22 am »
Picked up the black friday deal for a ps4 with gta 5 and Last of Us.....

Anyone know if ps4 know if it comes with a free trail up PS plus? I just need it so I can download last of us..... otherwise ill just go buy a 3 month one.
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #267 on: November 28, 2014, 10:48:05 am »

Anyone know if ps4 know if it comes with a free trail up PS plus? I just need it so I can download last of us..... otherwise ill just go buy a 3 month one.

Last I heard (and when I bought mine), they were giving 30 days of free/trial PS+ with it.  I'm not sure if that's changed and/or if it's included in all of the bundled PS4's, though.

Maybe time to change your sig, no? :P
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #268 on: November 28, 2014, 11:01:41 am »

Last I heard (and when I bought mine), they were giving 30 days of free/trial PS+ with it.  I'm not sure if that's changed and/or if it's included in all of the bundled PS4's, though.

Maybe time to change your sig, no? :P

I forgot I had that down there, thank you for the reminder!

I hope it does come with a free trail, i just need it so i can download LOU.... After I land a job, ill buy a year pass for online. Till then I can play gta 5 on ps3 online. Since most of my crew is still on ps3.
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #269 on: November 28, 2014, 11:14:19 am »
finally starting a Vita collection with a PS Vita, 16 GB memory card ($20), Persona 4 Golden, and Gravity Rush also decided to get on PS4 Tomb Raider definitive edition for $20 just need to wait for it to be delivered now