Author Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D  (Read 10654 times)

maximo310

Re: The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D
« Reply #45 on: January 06, 2015, 04:51:26 pm »
I probably won't buy it. Nintendo has a bullshit marketing scheme where they remake a game in HD between every new release.
There's only been one HD remake ( wind waker) for any game in the zelda series, and this majora's mask remake is being done 14 years after the original. Doesn't really seem like a marketing scheme when they re-release most of the older zelda games about 10 years after its original release.

desocietas

« Reply #46 on: January 06, 2015, 07:23:22 pm »
image of the figure:

supposedly retailing for $50 for the package sounds good to me!
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #47 on: January 06, 2015, 07:52:08 pm »
image of the figure:

supposedly retailing for $50 for the package sounds good to me!

Too bad 90% of them ended up in the hands of scalpers that will sell them for $150+ on Ebay.

argyle

« Reply #48 on: January 06, 2015, 08:47:15 pm »
The guy at GS called me late this afternoon - I called earlier asking if they were taking preorders in-store and since he knows me he said he'd call me as soon as they were. Anyway, he tells me that the original listing on GS sold out in 12 mins, but they had just re-listed it bundled w/ the collector's guide. I figure it was best to lock in something & then hope for a better deal (ie, the game by itself) later on. So I put down my preorder.

This was just before I left work - by the time I got home, THAT listing had sold out too.  :o
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

abe

« Reply #49 on: January 06, 2015, 09:00:56 pm »
Wow. I didn't anticipate these would sell out so fast! :o I suppose the price point made a lot of people jump on the deal... and all the scalpers hoarding a bunch to resell. :-\
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

« Reply #50 on: January 06, 2015, 10:19:33 pm »
They didn't have Majora's Mask in the system when I went there today, but they said to pop back in tomorrow as they should be ready.  I'll pop in early afternoon to see how it goes.  Is this a fault of the stores or Nintendo with stuff running out so fast this early? Nintendo already botched things with Amiibo's so I wouldn't put it past them.

argyle

« Reply #51 on: January 07, 2015, 12:08:46 am »
Some ppl get upset when Collector's/Limited Editions are overproduced, but I think some companies are going too far in the opposite direction. Off the top of my head, the Destiny Ghost Ed., Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 Remix CE & now this set are three recent ones that all had their preorders sell out VERY quickly and then went for crazy prices on the aftermarket. I don't know what the solution is - NISA has a great balance of something being limited in the long run but available for a reasonably long enough time for everyone who wants it to get it - then again, the market for their games is considerably smaller than the other three I mentioned.

I think it's safe to say Nintendo is severely underproducing things these days tho. The Amiibos are almost funny at this point, I have yet to see a Captain Falcon in person and for whatever reason Best Buy can't even fulfill my preorder I placed on it - the store has yet to receive any. Which sounds like a production/distribution problem to me, ie Nintendo's problem.
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

davifus

« Reply #52 on: January 07, 2015, 12:13:03 am »
wait does that mean i wont be able to preorder Majora's Mask anymore?
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

maximo310

« Reply #53 on: January 07, 2015, 01:13:37 am »
At the moment, all you can do to pre order it is to walk into a gamestop, and ask a employee to use the web to store option to put in a preorder for you.You pay the full amount, and it gets shipped to your house on release date. I still can't believe how there was such little supply of these LE's, hopefully they'll be able to produce additional quantities.

« Reply #54 on: January 07, 2015, 03:32:38 am »
I can understand something like this selling out quickly within the first week, but not even a day and it's sold out? That's horribly underestimating the market, especially when I feel a lot of folks have been begging Nintendo for this port and for them to actually give us the collectors editions.  We finally get the chance and they are shortchanging us.  Bad move.

bobster

« Reply #55 on: January 07, 2015, 09:33:27 am »
I must say, I didn't expect this to happen honestly. I'm not one to jump on pre-orders usually. I felt with this one, it's basically a year out and I can worry about paying for it then, so I said what the hell and just pre-ordered. Really sucks they went that quickly. Didn't see that coming at all.

I'm pretty confused though. Isn't the point of pre-ordering to know how much demand there is for your product? I think it's weird they just cut off after a certain amount. It's not like they said these are limited to a certain amount or anything. I also think it's weird that these retailers would know, this far out, how many of them they'll be receiving. I guess maybe I don't understand the market.
Currently Playing: The Witcher

argyle

« Reply #56 on: January 07, 2015, 11:08:29 am »
At the moment, all you can do to pre order it is to walk into a gamestop, and ask a employee to use the web to store option to put in a preorder for you.You pay the full amount, and it gets shipped to your house on release date. I still can't believe how there was such little supply of these LE's, hopefully they'll be able to produce additional quantities.

It's sold out on Gamestop's website, so as far as I know you can't preorder it from them right now period.

I must say, I didn't expect this to happen honestly. I'm not one to jump on pre-orders usually. I felt with this one, it's basically a year out and I can worry about paying for it then, so I said what the hell and just pre-ordered. Really sucks they went that quickly. Didn't see that coming at all.

I'm pretty confused though. Isn't the point of pre-ordering to know how much demand there is for your product? I think it's weird they just cut off after a certain amount. It's not like they said these are limited to a certain amount or anything. I also think it's weird that these retailers would know, this far out, how many of them they'll be receiving. I guess maybe I don't understand the market.

I thought it was a lot closer than that? Where did you see that it's not coming until next year?  ???

bobster

« Reply #57 on: January 07, 2015, 11:12:25 am »
I thought it was a lot closer than that? Where did you see that it's not coming until next year?  ???

Both Gamestop and Amazon claim December 31, 2015. So basically a year away in my mind.
Currently Playing: The Witcher

soera

« Reply #58 on: January 07, 2015, 12:19:12 pm »
I was the one that put the link up here figuring I had time myself to order ... I actually did wait and now if I want this, it looks like Im out of luck.

argyle

« Reply #59 on: January 07, 2015, 12:25:54 pm »

Both Gamestop and Amazon claim December 31, 2015. So basically a year away in my mind.

Oh - whenever you see a date like that (last day of the year) it's a placeholder date. Just means Nintendo hasn't announced the release date yet. But with packaging art out & now a CE finalized I doubt it will be any later than 2nd quarter of this year (so June at the latest). Probably sooner than that.