Author Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D  (Read 10679 times)

pacpix

Re: The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D
« Reply #75 on: January 14, 2015, 06:49:23 pm »
I am having a hard time understanding why Nintendo has been have been producing such small quantities of stuff lately.  Sure, something like an Ice Climber 2 LE set is not going to sell a lot, but anything Zelda is going to sell easily.  Seriously, who thought that releasing only 300-500 Hyrule Warriors Limited Editions in North America was a good idea?
At this point I am kind of worried that only two Pac-Man Amiibos are going to be produced.

EDIT:
Since my post just started a new page here is an important post from Argyle
Best Buy has the MM system listed right now - dunno how long that will last, and I have been burned by Best Buy more than once recently so I'm not sure how much I trust them but it's better than nothing:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-new-3ds-xl-legend-of-zelda-majoras-mask-limited-edition-gold-black/2304014.p?id=1219535294086&skuId=2304014
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

« Reply #76 on: January 14, 2015, 07:23:28 pm »
Best Buy is my last chance at it.  I got my order through, not sure if it'll stick or not, but we'll see.  At least it won't be charged immediately like paying through Gamestop does.

argyle

« Reply #77 on: January 14, 2015, 07:57:26 pm »
Best Buy is my last chance at it.  I got my order through, not sure if it'll stick or not, but we'll see.  At least it won't be charged immediately like paying through Gamestop does.

Yeah, me too. I was very busy at work today plus I didn't have my phone with me, so I didn't even get to read the news until I got home. So I'll cross my fingers that the preorder will hold. On the bright side, my issues have all been with in-store pickup and this is shipped, so....
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

« Reply #78 on: January 14, 2015, 07:59:28 pm »

Yeah, me too. I was very busy at work today plus I didn't have my phone with me, so I didn't even get to read the news until I got home. So I'll cross my fingers that the preorder will hold. On the bright side, my issues have all been with in-store pickup and this is shipped, so....

Yeah I shipped it also since I didn't want to deal with in-store stuff.  I assume it'll get here about the time my limited edition majora's mask game comes in lol

davifus

« Reply #79 on: January 14, 2015, 08:44:38 pm »
Oh well... at least I'll have my good buddy MH4G...
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

argyle

« Reply #80 on: January 14, 2015, 10:21:57 pm »
I'm kinda getting excited to play MM again. :)  I haven't played it since it first came out, and technically I never beat it. Or I did, but I didn't see the ending? I beat it and was in the stretch to the end (had beaten the boss & was going to the end) when I realized I missed one mask. I stopped then & was going to reload a save & get it before I finished the game...but I never did for whatever reason.  :-\
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

« Reply #81 on: January 15, 2015, 12:20:23 am »
I'm kinda getting excited to play MM again. :)  I haven't played it since it first came out, and technically I never beat it. Or I did, but I didn't see the ending? I beat it and was in the stretch to the end (had beaten the boss & was going to the end) when I realized I missed one mask. I stopped then & was going to reload a save & get it before I finished the game...but I never did for whatever reason.  :-\

I probably played less than a third of the game.  At the time when I originally played it on the N64, I didn't like it.  I LOVED Ocarina of Time and while it still shares in that goodness, I kinda hated the setup and the time aspect to it, I thought it really ruined the game.  With this, I'm gonna see if I feel the same about it.

argyle

« Reply #82 on: January 15, 2015, 08:18:16 am »

I probably played less than a third of the game.  At the time when I originally played it on the N64, I didn't like it.  I LOVED Ocarina of Time and while it still shares in that goodness, I kinda hated the setup and the time aspect to it, I thought it really ruined the game.  With this, I'm gonna see if I feel the same about it.

Yeah, I was just telling my wife last night how I'm the opposite of just about every other Zelda fan on the planet. :P I hated Ocarina, still do, but I adored Majora's. I liked that they did something different with it, and the time/puzzle aspect of it really hooked me. :)

desocietas

« Reply #83 on: January 15, 2015, 01:06:40 pm »
Haha, I haven't found any Zelda game that's gripped me, but I did pick up the MM New 3DS XL and the bf picked up the LE of the MM game.  So I guess I'll have to give them another try one of these days.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #84 on: January 17, 2015, 02:12:09 am »
I would be more excited for a new Zelda title, but I am semi excited that I can have this game now on the go.

desocietas

« Reply #85 on: January 23, 2015, 03:51:32 pm »
I hear a rumor that there may be more MM 3DS XLs available for web-in-store purchase at Gamestop.  Call your Gamestop to see!
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #86 on: January 23, 2015, 05:05:02 pm »
I hear a rumor that there may be more MM 3DS XLs available for web-in-store purchase at Gamestop.  Call your Gamestop to see!

It does seem to be a true.  A local gaming FB group I'm in said that a store told them to tell everyone else they had a few more MM 3DS XL's in stock and to hurry down to get them, so it seems like the initial rush of them went through and now that the numbers are more figured out, they are able to get the rest out there.  Still glad I managed to get mine from Best Buy lol

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #87 on: January 23, 2015, 07:22:04 pm »
So I just got an email from paypal saying I was refunded by best buy, I go check my orders and my Majora's Mask 3DS was canceled  >:( I haven't logged in at all since I ordered it. Currently playing the please hold game with customer service trying to figure out what the F*@% is going on.

EDIT; So after a half hour on the phone I get disconnected with no answer only to get an email saying they took in more pre orders then what they are getting and a code for $50 off one of the basic ones. Normally I tend to be calm about stuff, but this is annoying the ever loving piss out of me especially seeing how much Scalpers are trying to make off of this. I hope they're going to be the majority of people who get burnt by this.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 08:05:50 pm by redblaze57 »

« Reply #88 on: January 23, 2015, 07:32:16 pm »
Sounds like Nintendo needs pre-pre-orders

desocietas

« Reply #89 on: January 23, 2015, 07:45:08 pm »
My best buy order was cancelled as well, so I'm going to see if I can track down a Gamestop that might still have orders available.

I knew this was a risk of preordering with Best Buy because they have a tendency to not cut things off when they actually sell out of things (maybe to cover failed payments, etc).  If anything, they do seem to like giving out giftcards or discounts for the mistake.

Hello Desocietas,

We’re sorry but there is an issue with your pre-order. The popularity of Nintendo 3DS XL Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask Limited Edition Gold/Black exceeded the quantities made available to Best Buy. As a result, we are unable to fulfill all of the pre-orders received. We regret that your particular order has been canceled and we know that this is disappointing. We want to make it up to you by offering a $50 discount that may be used towards the purchase of one of these alternate options, or other products on BestBuy.com:

- Nintendo - 3DS XL - Black SKU: 2306021

- Nintendo - 3DS XL - Red SKU: 2307075

$50.00 off your next BestBuy.com purchase
Enter promotional code: ******
Valid through February 24, 2015
Online only.

Rest assured that if you paid by credit card, debit card or another method of payment, your account will be credited for the canceled order.

UPDATE: My bf called his shop and all web-to-stores are sold out   :'( :'( :'(
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 07:49:16 pm by desocietas »
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas