Author Topic: VGCollect mentioned in Kotaku article.  (Read 4011 times)

soera

Re: VGCollect mentioned in Kotaku article.
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2014, 12:39:35 am »
I love adding people to the flock! Keep those offerings coming.  8)

koemo1

PRO Supporter

« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2014, 01:29:37 am »
Well, we are pretty much the coolest people ever. Especially Soera, just ask him.

Don't feed his ego.  It's way too big as it is.
We must feed the Soera!
Hahhaha When i read that at home, i laughed my ass off ^^
Currently playing:
Rogue Trooper [xbox]
Days Gone [ps4]

Warmsignal

« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2014, 02:10:28 am »
People are still beginning? Seriously? I feel sorry for them. Never been a worse time.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2014, 07:42:19 am »
Well, we are pretty much the coolest people ever. Especially Soera, just ask him.

We must feed the Soera!

A veritable legend in his own time mind!
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 09:11:43 am by disgaeniac »
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

fazerco

PRO Supporter

« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2014, 08:47:56 am »
People are still beginning? Seriously? I feel sorry for them. Never been a worse time.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2014, 09:13:51 am »

You're quoting that directly from "The Law of Murphy", are you not?   :P

soera

« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2014, 10:56:43 am »

Depends on where they are starting. If they are trying to start 8-16 bit collecting, yeah they are screwed. But if you are into PS2/Xbox collecting or even last gen, this isnt a bad time. Gamestop has tons of PS3/360 games in their "we want to throw these into the trash  but paid money for them so we will sell them for next to nothing" bin. Craigslist is loaded with people selling off the last 2 gens to get the current stuff for Christmas.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2014, 11:16:56 am »

Depends on where they are starting. If they are trying to start 8-16 bit collecting, yeah they are screwed. But if you are into PS2/Xbox collecting or even last gen, this isnt a bad time. Gamestop has tons of PS3/360 games in their "we want to throw these into the trash  but paid money for them so we will sell them for next to nothing" bin. Craigslist is loaded with people selling off the last 2 gens to get the current stuff for Christmas.

Absolutely!

There's always gonna be "1/2 full" vs "1/2 empty" kinds of people in every hobby, country, state, town, house, etc, etc, etc  ;D

scott

« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2014, 11:45:53 am »
Kinda the reason I switched to PS2 over Saturn. It's both easier and cheaper to find PS2 games nearby than it is Saturn games. I think if a person was looking at collecting anything from GC/PS2/Xbox and up, it's not a bad time. But anything earlier, it's spendy as hell.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2014, 12:31:09 pm »

Pretty much.

As some have said, collecting 6th and 7th gen stuff is quite easy and affordable for the most part, but even games from these gens are harder to find than they normally would because game collecting is huge in general. More and more people are holding onto games rather then selling them, making them harder to find and more valuable as a result. But yeah, if someone wanted to get into 16-bit collecting, or hell even collecting for the PS1 or N64, they'd have to have some deep pockets.

Warmsignal

« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2014, 02:58:20 pm »

Pretty much.

As some have said, collecting 6th and 7th gen stuff is quite easy and affordable for the most part, but even games from these gens are harder to find than they normally would because game collecting is huge in general. More and more people are holding onto games rather then selling them, making them harder to find and more valuable as a result. But yeah, if someone wanted to get into 16-bit collecting, or hell even collecting for the PS1 or N64, they'd have to have some deep pockets.

Yep. My thoughts go directly to the number of good games that already are not "easy" to find or inexpensive anymore from the 6th gen, because I remember a time when pretty much all of them were. Classic or modern doesn't seem to matter as much now, it's all fair game. You go to GameStop and some of the more collectable 7th gen games are hard to come by there too.

« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2014, 04:53:10 pm »

Pretty much.

Yep. My thoughts go directly to the number of good games that already are not "easy" to find or inexpensive anymore from the 6th gen, because I remember a time when pretty much all of them were. Classic or modern doesn't seem to matter as much now, it's all fair game. You go to GameStop and some of the more collectable 7th gen games are hard to come by there too.

Tell me about it! I've been trying to grab a copy of Afrika for a while now, and every time one pops up in my area, someone has grabbed it already :(

karyann

« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2014, 08:04:34 pm »
Awesome! More people means more fun :) And more entries!

foxhack

« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2014, 08:23:09 pm »
But wait... New Users = More Entries = More Dupes = More Work = Angry Members = Angry Admin = Infinite....

Us angry...neeeeeeeeever!!!! (except for fox)

*stares*

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2014, 08:29:44 pm »

We must feed the Soera!

just don't feed him after Midnight