Author Topic: Loot Crate?  (Read 3330 times)

indiebox

Re: Loot Crate?
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2014, 01:41:27 pm »
Hey there!  I saw some links coming in to our site from the thread, and thought I'd jump in!

Escape Goat 2 is actually sold out as of a few days ago.  The next box, Forced, is well on the way to selling out as well.  We are also always looking for feedback from collectors about how we can make our collector's edition games more special.  Recently, this meant moving the Steam key from inside the box to outside on the shrink wrap, meaning you can activate your game while still having a pristine box!

If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask them!

foxhack

« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2014, 02:19:25 pm »
Escape Goat 2 is actually sold out as of a few days ago.

:(

indiebox

« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2014, 02:27:24 pm »
:(

We sold out over the course of one convention.  However, we have said that if there is enough demand for past games we will reissue.  There is actually a petition going for us to reprint Teslagrad!

argyle

« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2014, 02:44:09 pm »
Hey there!  I saw some links coming in to our site from the thread, and thought I'd jump in!

Escape Goat 2 is actually sold out as of a few days ago.  The next box, Forced, is well on the way to selling out as well.  We are also always looking for feedback from collectors about how we can make our collector's edition games more special.  Recently, this meant moving the Steam key from inside the box to outside on the shrink wrap, meaning you can activate your game while still having a pristine box!

If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask them!

Have you guys looked into/considered doing keys for console indie games?
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

indiebox

« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2014, 02:57:26 pm »

Do you mean including a key for the console in addition to the key already in the box (for Windows/Mac/Linux) or boxes for console-only indie games?  Just want to answer your question well!

argyle

« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2014, 03:06:37 pm »

Do you mean including a key for the console in addition to the key already in the box (for Windows/Mac/Linux) or boxes for console-only indie games?  Just want to answer your question well!

Most of the games you guys have done have been on consoles as well, so I was thinking more just having the option when you subscribe to choose a console or PC & get the appropriate key. 
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

indiebox

« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2014, 03:10:57 pm »
Most of the games you guys have done have been on consoles as well, so I was thinking more just having the option when you subscribe to choose a console or PC & get the appropriate key.

We are always looking for new ideas!  We will still continue to always offer copies for PC, Mac and Linux, because we include DRM free copies of the game in every box.  That's a little harder with consoles.  But including a console code is a great idea, and I will definitely bring it up at our next box meeting!

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2014, 03:11:35 pm »

This would be very cool indeed!

abe

« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2014, 04:41:29 pm »

Me too! I would also appreciate console or handheld versions of these IndieBoxes.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2014, 06:29:02 pm »
My sister and her boyfriend are subbed. There are cool things you can get. They gave their mega man helmet mini replica. You could sell the stuff you don't want for more than you got it.
Colton Kelsey
コルトンケルシー

jcalder8

« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2014, 06:49:28 pm »
I haven't been too impressed with Loot Crate. As others have said it's just more crap to fill up what little space I have and it's probably not items I would buy myself.

Indie Box looks pretty sweet though and I got an email telling me to lock in the price now as it will be increasing so I may actually do that...

« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2014, 10:57:30 pm »
I'd rather spend money on stuff I know I'm going to like.