Author Topic: December 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 23523 times)

bobster

Re: December 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2014, 02:30:38 pm »
I just got NES Remix Pack, along with my only Black Friday purchase : A Link Between Worlds:D I can't wait to have some time to play them.
I want to pick up the NES Remix Pack myself. I'm curious if my save from the digital version will work with it. I've only played some of the 1st one, and if it doesn't work I'll just play the digital version, but it'd be nice if they were compatible.

I was curious myself, so I just went ahead and tried; the saves are separate :(
Welp, thanks for the update!
Currently Playing: The Witcher

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2014, 07:08:34 pm »
Got 3 more Vita games Dynasty Warriors NEXT, Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time, and Y's Memories of Celceta. I also realized my Vita was a 1000 model today

...and a Yoshi Amiibo
« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 11:19:34 pm by redblaze57 »

abe

« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2014, 07:48:20 pm »
Got some fairly cheap games:
-Condemned 2: Bloodshot $5
-NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams (Wii) $3
-PaRappa the Rapper (PSP) $5
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2014, 11:03:07 pm »
So even though I already have the Target exclusive Steel Book Edition of Tomb Raider I found a deal on the collectors edition I could not pass up ($20). So now I have both.

The collectors edition just had way too many goodies for me to resist.

I also picked up a like new classic controller for $14 for the WiiU since the game cube adapter is still crazily priced.

And found a copy of Gorf for Atari 2600 for $2.

desocietas

« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2014, 11:31:57 pm »
So even though I already have the Target exclusive Steel Book Edition of Tomb Raider I found a deal on the collectors edition I could not pass up ($20). So now I have both.

The collectors edition just had way too many goodies for me to resist.

I also picked up a like new classic controller for $14 for the WiiU since the game cube adapter is still crazily priced.

And found a copy of Gorf for Atari 2600 for $2.

$20! i would not have passed up on that either!
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2014, 03:55:32 pm »
My package from jjgames (they still have some good deals) arrived!

GBA
Mario Pinball Land

N64
Shadowgate 64

Xbox
Burnout
Burnout 2: Directors Cut

This closes out (for now) my GBA, N64, and Xbox wishlist and brings me down to 40 wishlist items left!

It also completes my Burnout collection for the Xbox!

maximo310

« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2014, 08:20:09 pm »
I picked up quite alot of stuff this week, mostly thanks to Gamestop coupons and deals:
Time Crisis: Razing Storm- $9
Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam-$3
Motorstorm-76 cents
Madworld-$2.50
Uncharted 3- $4
Two Worlds- $2.50
CoD Modern Warfare Reflex Edition-$1
Saint-$3
Muramasa the Demon Blade-$8 ($5 coupon used on it)
Sudeki-$1
Rock Band 2-$1
A set of 15 disk-only Gamecube games that cost $18 overall including:
Ty the Tasmanian Tiger 3, Pac-Man Vs./Pac-Man World 2, Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2005,the Sims,Bloodrayne,Tak the Power of Juju, Take and the Great Juju Challenge,Zapper,Naruto Clash of Ninja, Kelly Slater Pro Surfer,Tube Slider, MK+Ashley Sweet 16 Licensed to Drive,Geist, and FF Crystal Chronicles.
I also picked up Xenoblade Chronicles complete for $44, thanks to a 20% coupon for my b-day from Gamestop so I guess this is an early Christmas present for me, and the first item knocked off my wishlist!
The Club Nintendo 3-set Super Smash Bros. posters came in today as well!
Also, did a trade with fighterpilot562, and got a Sega CD Model 2, along with Double switch, so I thank him for helping me out!
« Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 08:46:20 pm by maximo310 »

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2014, 08:50:46 pm »
Xenoblade Chronicles for $44 is an awesome deal.

scott

« Reply #38 on: December 06, 2014, 11:30:03 pm »
Got my copy of Class of Heroes 2g in the mail today!
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

scott

« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2014, 11:31:57 pm »

Agreement. Its still a load of crap that it was a Game Stop exclusive though.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

maximo310

« Reply #40 on: December 07, 2014, 12:08:09 am »

I agree with that especially with the price bs during the first year of its release, where they jacked up the price elsewhere by limiting copies and making a second batch later on. I got a bit lucky on this as most of the Gamestop stores near me only had 1 pre-owned copy( near a few new copies) which were either sold out or missing the original case and manual, but an employee directed me to another one of their stores that had 3 complete copies, so I put a copy on hold, raced over there and got it.

It's still goes around $75 on amazon and ebay for a complete copy, so I'm guessing it may be pretty hard to find in places that don't have many Gamestops, or have one at all. I wish they could have made this available to all retailers to make it easier for consumers to get the game.  If the new 3DS port of Xenoblade comes to the US, it may affect the price of the original game, but knowing how things will probably play out, I think this original Wii version is going to continue to increase in value and be the more desireable version to play.

devancowan

« Reply #41 on: December 07, 2014, 12:09:21 am »
My package from jjgames (they still have some good deals) arrived!

GBA
Mario Pinball Land

N64
Shadowgate 64

Xbox
Burnout
Burnout 2: Directors Cut

This closes out (for now) my GBA, N64, and Xbox wishlist and brings me down to 40 wishlist items left!

It also completes my Burnout collection for the Xbox!

I just ordered some stuff from him as well! Why are the prices so low? lol

« Reply #42 on: December 07, 2014, 01:27:53 am »

I agree with that especially with the price bs during the first year of its release, where they jacked up the price elsewhere by limiting copies and making a second batch later on. I got a bit lucky on this as most of the Gamestop stores near me only had 1 pre-owned copy( near a few new copies) which were either sold out or missing the original case and manual, but an employee directed me to another one of their stores that had 3 complete copies, so I put a copy on hold, raced over there and got it.

It's still goes around $75 on amazon and ebay for a complete copy, so I'm guessing it may be pretty hard to find in places that don't have many Gamestops, or have one at all. I wish they could have made this available to all retailers to make it easier for consumers to get the game.  If the new 3DS port of Xenoblade comes to the US, it may affect the price of the original game, but knowing how things will probably play out, I think this original Wii version is going to continue to increase in value and be the more desireable version to play.

Somehow a local indi-game shop near me got about 5 copies in when it launched and I was luckily able to buy mine at retail from there. I agree though, it's crap that Gamestop still have exclusive rights to this game, especially since its sequel is being toted as one of the best RPGs of 2015.

theflea

« Reply #43 on: December 07, 2014, 01:49:50 am »
Got all my black friday deals in the mail and I went out game hunting and found a lot of bargain bin games and even stopped at a garage sale and found a game. Nothing special but a game i was missing none the less. lol

Black Friday deals i got.
XBone - Shadows of Mordor
XBone - The Evil Within
XBone - Metal Gear Solid V Ground Zeroes
XBone - Diablo III: Reaper of Souls
A Nintendo 3DS New Super Mario Bros. 2 edition

Then I stopped at ly local game stop and picked up.
WiiU - NES Remix Pack
Took advantage of their 30% off used games under $20 and got.
PS3 - The Eye of Judgement (a whole .62c) lol
VITA - Silent Hill: Book of Memories
VITA - Dragon's Crown
VITA - Raganok Odyssey

Saw a garage sale and stopped in and found one game I didn't have.
PS2 - FIFA Soccer 2004 ($1)

Then it was off to my local game store and they had a couple DS games priced at 99c.
NDS - Tamagotchi Connection: Corner Shop 2
NDS - Wireway

After that I hit a local used book store that has games, usually its all craptacular sport games but I saw a few odd game boy games priced under $2 so figured why not.  :P
GB - Battleship
GBC - Monopoly
GBA - Princess Natasha
GBA - Hamtaro: Ham-Ham Games

and last stopped at a local ShopKo and saw a huge stack of games on clearance, most all these games where priced under $10. The only one over was the last one for $15.
PS3 - Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
XB360 - Resident Evil: Revelations
XB360 - Gears of War: Judgement
XB360 - Worms Collection
NDS - Pokemon White Version 2

« Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 01:54:08 am by theflea »
"Happy game hunting!!!"

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #44 on: December 07, 2014, 02:11:03 am »
Got all my black friday deals in the mail and I went out game hunting and found a lot of bargain bin games and even stopped at a garage sale and found a game. Nothing special but a game i was missing none the less. lol

Don't believe him fellas. He's just teasing. There is no game theFlea doesn't already own 5 copies of.

;)