Author Topic: amiibo  (Read 46938 times)

Re: amiibo
« Reply #345 on: June 14, 2015, 01:38:14 pm »
Possibly another leak from Nintendo, but there looks like there could be Animal Crossing Amiibo's, proper ones, not just the cards, and some special 8 Bit ones for Mario and someone else in this tweet said Zelda.

https://twitter.com/AmiiboNews/status/610137734775050240

*Update*
Confirmed, Animal Crossing Amiibo's.  Most likely confirms the 8 Bit Mario too.

https://twitter.com/AmiiboNews/status/610139105855320064

« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 01:40:20 pm by kamikazekeeg »

« Reply #346 on: June 14, 2015, 02:03:45 pm »
Possibly another leak from Nintendo, but there looks like there could be Animal Crossing Amiibo's, proper ones, not just the cards, and some special 8 Bit ones for Mario and someone else in this tweet said Zelda.

https://twitter.com/AmiiboNews/status/610137734775050240

*Update*
Confirmed, Animal Crossing Amiibo's.  Most likely confirms the 8 Bit Mario too.

https://twitter.com/AmiiboNews/status/610139105855320064

OMFG!!!! I am going to explode, more accurately my wallet will.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #347 on: June 14, 2015, 02:06:35 pm »
I don't have a single amiibo yet, nor did I want to fall into that trap. But I would love 8 bit mario.
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

« Reply #348 on: June 14, 2015, 02:23:33 pm »
I don't have a single amiibo yet, nor did I want to fall into that trap. But I would love 8 bit mario.

I'm only getting the few I want.  I was initially getting into the hype, but when there are just so many and the issues that have come up because of it, I'm not trying to hard anymore, though I got incredibly lucky with the Splatoon 3 Pack.  Of the future ones, I plan to get KK Slider, Zero Suit Samus, Ganondorf, Falco, and 8 Bit Mario.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #349 on: June 14, 2015, 02:24:20 pm »

I'm only getting the few I want.  I was initially getting into the hype, but when there are just so many and the issues that have come up because of it, I'm not trying to hard anymore, though I got incredibly lucky with the Splatoon 3 Pack.  Of the future ones, I plan to get KK Slider, Zero Suit Samus, Ganondorf, Falco, and 8 Bit Mario.

8 Bit Mario and Link are the only ones I want.
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

« Reply #350 on: June 14, 2015, 02:26:30 pm »

8 Bit Mario and Link are the only ones I want.

I'm hoping the Link one is confirmed, I want that one the most being such a big Zelda fan, but I haven't seen any confirmation for it yet.

turom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #351 on: June 25, 2015, 02:17:11 am »
I was surprised I managed to get this month's series without much trouble. I guess their production really did increase a bit..

« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 02:29:47 am by turom »
BLOG - PSN - IMGUR - YOUTUBE

bobster

« Reply #352 on: June 25, 2015, 07:17:11 am »
Wait... I'm seeing some people on reddit got the Yarn Yoshi and from Turom's post it looks like the next wave came out? When did those go up for sale? I completely missed those -_-
Currently Playing: The Witcher

argyle

« Reply #353 on: June 25, 2015, 09:09:09 am »
Wait... I'm seeing some people on reddit got the Yarn Yoshi and from Turom's post it looks like the next wave came out? When did those go up for sale? I completely missed those -_-

This is what I'm trying to figure out. Heck, my GS connection hasn't said a peep about them, and he even offered me his duplicate Lucina & Robin last night - the set he was originally going to keep sealed. Pretty sure he would have told me if the new ones were out. ???
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

bobster

« Reply #354 on: June 25, 2015, 09:38:53 am »

This is what I'm trying to figure out. Heck, my GS connection hasn't said a peep about them, and he even offered me his duplicate Lucina & Robin last night - the set he was originally going to keep sealed. Pretty sure he would have told me if the new ones were out. ???
Right after I wrote this, I noticed on the sidebar for /r/amiibo that Europe get the Yarn Yoshi and  next wave on "June 26." Some just got theirs early. For the US it only says July.

P.S. I hope you took them up on their Robin and Lucina offer. I'm pretty sure I'll never find those two at MSRP :(.
Currently Playing: The Witcher

argyle

« Reply #355 on: June 25, 2015, 09:49:40 am »

Right after I wrote this, I noticed on the sidebar for /r/amiibo that Europe get the Yarn Yoshi and  next wave on "June 26." Some just got theirs early. For the US it only says July.

P.S. I hope you took them up on their Robin and Lucina offer. I'm pretty sure I'll never find those two at MSRP :(.

Pbbbt, Europe. Is that even a real place?  ::) :P

And I absolutely took him up on it. I had decided that I'd just never get those unless if by some miracle Nintendo does a reprint of them.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

turom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #356 on: June 25, 2015, 12:57:00 pm »

Pbbbt, Europe. Is that even a real place?  ::) :P

Haha for ONCE it's not us Europeans being left over! ;D

The Yarn Yoshi is super dupper cute! (pics below)

I'm trying to get the blue and pink ones but they're really hard to find.. Oh and the game is so good and enjoyable, always a pleasure to play a Yoshi game.

BLOG - PSN - IMGUR - YOUTUBE

« Reply #357 on: June 25, 2015, 04:20:25 pm »
Kinda surprised that Europe is getting their stuff so fast and we haven't heard a peep yet for us in North America.  It's gotta be soon I guess since Japan has had them already and now people are getting them over there.  For this batch, I'm just getting Ganondorf, Zero Suit Samus, and the yarn Yoshi, along with trying to get the Mario Maker Amiibo bundle.

davifus

« Reply #358 on: June 25, 2015, 06:36:40 pm »
Kinda surprised that Europe is getting their stuff so fast and we haven't heard a peep yet for us in North America.  It's gotta be soon I guess since Japan has had them already and now people are getting them over there.  For this batch, I'm just getting Ganondorf, Zero Suit Samus, and the yarn Yoshi, along with trying to get the Mario Maker Amiibo bundle.

A Mario Maker Amiibo? When did that happen? is that the 8bit mario from the pipe?
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

« Reply #359 on: June 26, 2015, 12:47:21 am »

A Mario Maker Amiibo? When did that happen? is that the 8bit mario from the pipe?

Yeah the 8-Bit one is getting packaged with Super Mario Maker I believe and there are two variations of it, one for the UK and one for everywhere else.  Don't know if it's getting a solo release or not. https://twitter.com/AmiiboNews/status/611540699981328384