Author Topic: amiibo  (Read 46909 times)

desocietas

Re: amiibo
« Reply #450 on: January 15, 2016, 09:16:24 pm »
Hey, do any of you know if KK Slider is available separately? According to the database it is, but I don't know where to buy it. The only way I've seen it in stores is in the 3-pack but I don't know if I want the llamas/alpacas.

I got it off Amiami, it's roughly $10 + shipping! Here's the link: https://waa.ai/kzXP. I wasn't sure about the alpacas either, so when I saw it for that price, it was a no brainer for me.  :)
I'm not sure if Europe had him separately, but at least Japan did.

Ah, ok, though I assume that's the Japanese one (which is sold separately) and can be found on Amazon through a third-party seller.  This record (http://vgcollect.com/item/90181) looks like an NA version, but I'm wondering now if it exists...?

Of course, if you own the NA version through AmiAmi, you could confirm for me, lol.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

karyann

« Reply #451 on: January 15, 2016, 09:42:02 pm »
Ah, ok, though I assume that's the Japanese one (which is sold separately) and can be found on Amazon through a third-party seller.  This record (http://vgcollect.com/item/90181) looks like an NA version, but I'm wondering now if it exists...?

Of course, if you own the NA version through AmiAmi, you could confirm for me, lol.

I do have the Japanese version indeed. You got me curious, so I just went and checked on Nintendo of America's official page, and they say:
The K.K. amiibo figure is available exclusively in the Animal Crossing 3-pack set.

So this seems like it's the European box art in the NA listing  :( That listing for NA shouldn't exist, or at least not with that front picture.  :-\ I know that some people like to enter their items from bundles separately, so I'll just change the images for now.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 09:44:13 pm by karyann »

desocietas

« Reply #452 on: January 15, 2016, 09:46:42 pm »

I do have the Japanese version indeed. You got me curious, so I just went and checked on Nintendo of America's official page, and they say:
The K.K. amiibo figure is available exclusively in the Animal Crossing 3-pack set.

So this seems like it's the European box art in the NA listing  :( That listing for NA shouldn't exist, or at least not with that front picture.  :-\ I know that some people like to enter their items from bundles separately, so I'll just change the images for now.

Ah, ok, that explains that.  Yeah, I could understand people wanting to enter their individual amiibo (especially since you can buy them used individually), especially when the original purchase comes in a multipack like that.  The checkboxes don't make it easy to identify which item you might have, for instance.

Thanks so much for looking into it! I saw it in your signature and was like, "Wait, I want an individual K.K.!" but didn't think they were available like that in North America.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

karyann

« Reply #453 on: January 16, 2016, 11:30:44 am »
Ah, ok, that explains that.  Yeah, I could understand people wanting to enter their individual amiibo (especially since you can buy them used individually), especially when the original purchase comes in a multipack like that.  The checkboxes don't make it easy to identify which item you might have, for instance.

Thanks so much for looking into it! I saw it in your signature and was like, "Wait, I want an individual K.K.!" but didn't think they were available like that in North America.

Yeah, separate entries can be useful! I really love soundtracks, and I like to sort through them and see how many I have. So I like having the option to add it in my swag rather than sort through all my games and search for any soundtrack bundle :)