Author Topic: amiibo  (Read 47647 times)

heavengeance

Re: amiibo
« Reply #120 on: December 21, 2014, 04:17:08 pm »
Toys R Us just sent out confusing emails. In one email they tell me they can't legally reinstate my order in another they told me my order has been reinstated.

We are reaching out today regarding the recent cancellation that has occurred with your online order(s). Unfortunately, there was a processing error that caused your order(s) to cancel. Legally, we cannot reinstate your order(s) however we are working to put a process in place that will allow you to purchase these items within the week. We will be reaching out to you as soon as we have specifics and appreciate your patience and understanding.

We are reaching out today regarding the recent cancellation that has occurred with your online order, ##########. Unfortunately, there was a processing error that caused your order to erroneously cancel. However, we want you to know that your order has been reinstated.

soera

« Reply #121 on: December 22, 2014, 05:37:01 pm »
Just picked up my pre-order for Pit today.

argyle

« Reply #122 on: December 22, 2014, 06:02:10 pm »
Just picked up my pre-order for Pit today.

Where did you have it preordered? I have mine at Best Buy, but after they royally screwed the pooch w/ my Luigi on Friday (and a lot of other people's from what I'm reading on their forums) I don't really trust them anymore...
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

soera

« Reply #123 on: December 22, 2014, 06:28:28 pm »
Gamestop. I also have Sheik, MM, Ike, Toon Link, and Shulk on order there. Ill keep my Best buy pre-order cause Meta Knight looks cool but I am not really concerned on whether my Lucario one holds up.

Now that Ive seen the line up, Im curious on why they picked some weird characters for the first rounds of Amiibo but havent done ones like Pac-man or ROB yet.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #124 on: December 22, 2014, 07:45:18 pm »
Gamestop. I also have Sheik, MM, Ike, Toon Link, and Shulk on order there. Ill keep my Best buy pre-order cause Meta Knight looks cool but I am not really concerned on whether my Lucario one holds up.

Now that Ive seen the line up, Im curious on why they picked some weird characters for the first rounds of Amiibo but havent done ones like Pac-man or ROB yet.

ROB is one of the ones I would buy.  I know I keep saying "I'm out", but I would get a ROB or Pac-Man.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #125 on: December 22, 2014, 08:32:44 pm »
So Friday I get an email saying my Pit Amiibo Shipped and well today.... I got the F U email.

It has come to our attention that your order # *************** for the Pitt Amiibo. While your order does currently show as shipped, there will be a slight delay in movement on your tracking number. Your tracking number should show progress by the end of the week. If any further delays occur, we will be sure to notify you immediately. We sincerely apologize for any frustration this delay has caused.

« Reply #126 on: December 23, 2014, 04:46:30 pm »
Got Luigi today, thought I might try to find a Diddy Kong, but of course he's gone.  Still waiting on Captain Falcon.  And finally got the rest of what I wanted of Wave 3 pre-ordered which is Sheik, Toon Link, Mega Man, Sonic, and Shulk.

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #127 on: December 23, 2014, 05:36:40 pm »
Thank you to every VGCollect member who discuss and collect Amiibo for getting me into Amiibo!

When I saw Link, Princess Zelda, and Kirby Amiibo on my trek to GameStop, I loved the design.  I should have also pre-ordered Meta Knight and Toon Link but I'll need to balance my spending first.  Pit, Ike, Marth, and Samus Aran are definitely awesome but I don't play Kid Icarus, Fire Emblem, or Metroid.

>>  To the moderators, sorry about some of the editing, just realized there's going to be 3DS compatibility soon.   :P  <<
« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 05:48:34 pm by MJMaranan »

Please check out the games I have for sale.

« Reply #128 on: December 23, 2014, 06:01:30 pm »
God damn! Pit has been most difficult to track down. Got shafted by one of the local Lamestops; called like 12 of them yesterday and one supposedly had an extra Pit that the manager was going to put on hold for me. Guess what? They sold it to someone else!

« Reply #129 on: December 24, 2014, 02:01:02 pm »
Gamestop gave me the gift of Captain Falcon today, so that takes care of the last of the amiibo's I plan to get with the 2nd wave.  All that is left is to grab some of the 1st wave I passed on after Christmas and then wait for the ones I have pre-ordered for the 3rd wave.

argyle

« Reply #130 on: December 30, 2014, 04:27:47 pm »
I need Captain Falcon from Wave 2, and Donkey Kong & Peach from Wave 1. I know DK & Peach are common, that's kinda why I haven't picked them up yet. I got quite a few of my commons I needed w/ the $5 Kongregate coupons last week from Gamestop, but I ran out before I could get those last 2. :P 

became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

« Reply #131 on: December 30, 2014, 05:26:10 pm »
For Christmas, I was given Fox, Mario, and DK to add to my collection and then I went out to buy Samus and got lucky to find a wild Diddy Kong.  All I'm likely to get that is left is maybe Peach.  Probably gonna pass on Kirby and Yoshi.

« Reply #132 on: December 30, 2014, 05:26:24 pm »
I need Captain Falcon from Wave 2, and Donkey Kong & Peach from Wave 1. I know DK & Peach are common, that's kinda why I haven't picked them up yet. I got quite a few of my commons I needed w/ the $5 Kongregate coupons last week from Gamestop, but I ran out before I could get those last 2. :P

If you have an extra Pit I'd be willing to trade you a NIB Falcon. Let me know :)

argyle

« Reply #133 on: December 30, 2014, 05:57:15 pm »

If you have an extra Pit I'd be willing to trade you a NIB Falcon. Let me know :)

I got Pit today from where I had him preordered at Best Buy, by some miracle (pro tip: do NOT preorder Amiibos at Best Buy, they've already canceled one on me they never received and I wouldn't be surprised if they cancel Falcon too). I looked at the ones on the shelf after I picked him up and didn't see any more Pits or any others that weren't extremely common. :(

« Reply #134 on: December 30, 2014, 06:08:38 pm »

I got Pit today from where I had him preordered at Best Buy, by some miracle (pro tip: do NOT preorder Amiibos at Best Buy, they've already canceled one on me they never received and I wouldn't be surprised if they cancel Falcon too). I looked at the ones on the shelf after I picked him up and didn't see any more Pits or any others that weren't extremely common. :(

I preordered Pit at Best Buy as well, ended up getting the text that they got him, went to go pick it up and they didn't have him in.  Instead they had Captain Falcon on hold for me, obviously failing to read the name on the freakin box! The only part that makes me feel better about the whole situation is that I guess they didn't get any Pits in and that there were about 5 people before me that were pissed off about it as well. I complained to the store manager and am supposed to get a call back when they get him in. I'm not holding my breath. . .