Author Topic: amiibo  (Read 48018 times)

argyle

Re: amiibo
« Reply #255 on: April 02, 2015, 05:33:20 pm »
Destructoid just posted this update to that article I linked earlier:

Update: I went in-store to scope the situation out and see what I could get at GameStop. I waited two hours as the fourth person in line. The first two got the $77.94 Smash amiibo bundle. The third only got the Splatoon 3-pack, as did I. That took two hours to happen. Robin and Lucina sold out very quickly, which apparently delayed or canceled all of the bundle pack orders that were in the process of going through. Most of the line simply left the store in disgust.

Slow servers have been reported across the country for in-store orders, and I've seen pictures of knocked over displays and confirmation of at least one store ejecting an irate customer. From what I've heard from sources, this is such a mess that GameStop.com pre-orders won't even go up today. We'll provide updates as they occur, but if you really want these things, you may want to keep your eyes open on the site anyway.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

« Reply #256 on: April 02, 2015, 06:57:50 pm »
Bah, Splatoon 3-Pack is web instore only at the moment with Gamestop.  Probably will just grab that abit later.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #257 on: April 02, 2015, 06:59:00 pm »
well the only two I wanted seem to be Sold out (Robin & Lucina) at my closest gamestop

Nintendo Why don't you want my money?

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #258 on: April 02, 2015, 08:38:05 pm »
I got Ness and Pac-Man ordered and paid for. My GameStop is run by an awesome manager. BJ is the man.

bobster

« Reply #259 on: April 02, 2015, 08:42:21 pm »
I managed to snag a Ness and Wario at my local gamestop. Glad I called around and went in. Supposedly the one gamestop couldn't do any preorders.
Currently Playing: The Witcher

spac316

« Reply #260 on: April 02, 2015, 09:05:45 pm »
I pre-ordered Ness and Pac-Man at Gamestop.

foxhack

« Reply #261 on: April 02, 2015, 09:25:47 pm »
This is just goddamn ridiculous. I feel sorry for you collectors.

soera

« Reply #262 on: April 02, 2015, 09:59:20 pm »
I keep reading that Ness and Pac-man was pre-ordered and no one got Robin/Lucina ... which makes me wonder what happened with them.

devancowan

« Reply #263 on: April 02, 2015, 11:45:59 pm »
Abe managed to preorder me a Ness amiibo since I was working at the time (Bless his little heart).
If I manage to get my hands on some preorders of Robin, Lucina, Pacman or Ness, I'll try and order more then one and sell them at cost to other on the site!

Argyle has helped me out a lot and it's time for me to try and pay it back to the users! :D

argyle

« Reply #264 on: April 03, 2015, 12:20:35 am »
My GS told me that everything was sold out when I stopped by on my way home, just before 6:00 CST. The new girl was working tho, not my friend who's the manager, so I don't know if that was actually true or if she didn't know what she was doing (she almost canceled my King Dedede and Ike the other day because "I have two PUR accounts" and she was going to consolidate them - after I asked her a few times was she about to cancel something she can't re-order she realized she WAS & stopped :o).

Anyway, I'm gonna have to stalk Amazon & GS' website (kinda hoping they held back some for the general site, who knows). But I have to admit the whole ordeal of it all is starting to get to me.  :-\
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

« Reply #265 on: April 03, 2015, 12:56:32 am »
I got Ness today so I'm happy. One exclusive down, two to go ;)

bobster

« Reply #266 on: April 03, 2015, 06:25:28 am »
Welp Greninja is sold out apparently. So much for 7 o'clock!

argyle

« Reply #267 on: April 03, 2015, 07:26:40 am »

Saw that - I was up before 5:30 CST & he was gone. Coming very close to calling it quits. Nintendo knows the demand by now, they should have their supply issues sorted out. This is ridiculous at this point.

bobster

« Reply #268 on: April 03, 2015, 07:49:43 am »

Saw that - I was up before 5:30 CST & he was gone. Coming very close to calling it quits. Nintendo knows the demand by now, they should have their supply issues sorted out. This is ridiculous at this point.
I hear you there man. I'm wondering if it's worth my effort to go to Toys r Us when they open to try and order one from there. Have any luck with that? My nearest one is like 15 miles away so I'm not sure I can work up the ambition for the disappointment lol.

argyle

« Reply #269 on: April 03, 2015, 08:49:17 am »

I hear you there man. I'm wondering if it's worth my effort to go to Toys r Us when they open to try and order one from there. Have any luck with that? My nearest one is like 15 miles away so I'm not sure I can work up the ambition for the disappointment lol.

I haven't thought to try that, honestly. If you go, let me know how it turns out. I'm gonna keep watching Target, Amazon & GS' sites this morning, see if anything shows up.

O...K....apparently, Target has already gone live with Jigglypuff at some point & it sold out in about 2 minutes.

« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 09:50:21 am by argyle »