Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 504946 times)

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #4110 on: August 11, 2019, 08:06:24 pm »
I just finished playing Steamworld Dig 2 on the Switch. It took me 11:16:16 and 22 deaths.

shfan

« Reply #4111 on: August 12, 2019, 12:05:47 pm »
Dragon Quest Builders 2, probably going to be my game of the year, love it. Hard to believe it's by the team behind Dynasty Warriors, but it might explain why Dynasty Warriors 9 was an open-world mess.

« Reply #4112 on: August 12, 2019, 02:41:41 pm »
I’m really digging the new Fire Emblem so far, but it is feeling a bit too easy.  My Avatar is pretty much unstoppable and two students are crazy beast mode.

kashell

« Reply #4113 on: August 13, 2019, 04:37:16 pm »
While I wait for Crystar, I decided to star a new file in Lunar 2: Eternal Blue Complete. It's been years upon years since I played it last.

PaleManInBlack

« Reply #4114 on: August 15, 2019, 10:15:10 pm »
Finished Onimusha: Warlords for the first time and have moved on to the second. Thought Warlords was an overall enjoyable game with only a few issues.

kashell

« Reply #4115 on: August 16, 2019, 08:03:25 am »
I took a small break from Lunar 2 to do a quick run of Super Mario World. That game will always be wonderful.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4116 on: August 16, 2019, 10:47:01 am »
I took a small break from Lunar 2 to do a quick run of Super Mario World. That game will always be wonderful.

I dont think there is another game with as much lasting and universal appeal. Everyone likes that game. It doesn’t matter if you’re 8 or 108, SMW is a good time.

telly

« Reply #4117 on: August 16, 2019, 02:49:40 pm »

I dont think there is another game with as much lasting and universal appeal. Everyone likes that game. It doesn’t matter if you’re 8 or 108, SMW is a good time.

Amen to that! ;D
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery

kashell

« Reply #4118 on: August 16, 2019, 09:07:16 pm »

Amen to that! ;D

Preach, my brothers!

« Reply #4119 on: August 20, 2019, 03:27:33 am »
Playing through Metro Exodus again as I figured they've updated the game a good bit since launch, clean up a few of the performance issues it had, and turns out that yesterday they surprise released the first of two story DLC's.  So after a run through the singleplayer again, trying to hit on all the unlockables on a tougher difficulty as I can find in each area, I'll be playing through the first DLC.  It's uncommon for me to regularly replay stuff so soon, but I just love the Metro games.  They have such fantastic atmosphere and while I felt there were a few issues with Metro Exodus, I overall still really like it.  The semi open world also offers up some nice replay value as there's likely some nook or cranny I overlooked in my first run through.

« Reply #4120 on: September 04, 2019, 03:17:34 am »
Astral Chain is a pretty great time, I'm digging it more than I did Devil May Cry 5.  Like DMC5 has the characters and crazy attitude, but I've never been huge into its gameplay and it's honestly abit of a boring game between the cutscenes and bosses.  Astral Chain fills that gaps by having semi-open stages that let you wander around, finding secrets, side objectives, stuff like that, with just more for you to do in general.  The gameplay is really great too.  Bringing up DMC5 again, I was worried that it might turn out like V's gameplay, which is awful, feeling like you had no real control over your partner, but the combat feels very natural as a lot of it is automated and using your Legion is more about timing and positioning.  Not everything is perfect though as certain abilities like the Slash attack, which is reminiscent of Metal Gear Rising's slashing, is hard to do properly while in combat and it doesn't help that the gyro scope for it sucks.  There is a slow down option, but even then, I don't find it quite as intuitive as Rising's use of it.

Good game though, I've been really needing a solid game like this on the Switch as the system has just been a wasteland for me in terms of must have games this year.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2019, 03:19:55 am by kamikazekeeg »

« Reply #4121 on: September 04, 2019, 06:48:04 am »
With the release of the latest major patch I finally picked up No Man's Sky.  I played it in VR for about 45 minutes, which, while cool, was not the ideal way to introduce myself to the gameplay loop.  I've put in a couple of hours in normal mode to let myself learn the gameplay and concepts, and just generally get started.  I'm definitely having fun, but I have no idea what my end state will be yet.

« Reply #4122 on: September 04, 2019, 09:39:02 am »
Finally decided to start playing through the God of War games.  Finished God of War 1 and 2 over the big ole weekend.

Started up Chains of Olympus last night.  Will probably beat it in a day or so.  I think I'm gonna wipe out the prequel games before jumping into God of War 3.  Sounds like the prequel games only require that you've played God of War 1, so I should be safe.

telly

« Reply #4123 on: September 04, 2019, 09:47:18 am »
I started up Shenmue II a few days ago but only played about 10 mins. I don't think I'll have enough time in the coming months to game a whole lot, so I think I'm going to put it aside for now.

Ended up ordering a copy of Pokemon Y. Should be an easy relaxing game but still something that is entertaining and will keep me occupied for a while. That's the kind of game I need right now; I didn't have anything else like that in my collection.
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #4124 on: September 05, 2019, 05:41:03 am »
Trying to do some last minute regular Monster Hunter World stuff as I realized I still had some things left to do before Iceborne, like I never got the Rocksteady Mantle and I still have the Behemoth to fight.  Tried to do it solo, but yeah I can't...Don't play multiplayer enough, so I'm gonna have to in the hope that I can get lucky with some randoms today.