Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 513610 times)

telly

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #4275 on: August 03, 2020, 02:35:22 pm »
I started up Milkmaid of the Milky Way last night. It's okay. I really can't stand the writing with everything having to rhyme. It sounds forced and awkward and really kills immersion.
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

astralsoul

« Reply #4276 on: August 03, 2020, 02:49:23 pm »
Just finished up Paper Mario Origami King and thought it was really good. I'm probably going to continue playing Dragon Quest XI S and Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition.

mark1982

« Reply #4277 on: August 04, 2020, 01:02:33 am »

« Last Edit: April 07, 2021, 02:13:18 am by mark1982 »
  l    l 

« Reply #4278 on: August 06, 2020, 12:23:58 am »
Been playing a good bit of DayZ lately.  I tend to play it in bursts, usually an hour or two and then maybe not play it for a week or two, but the past week I've wanted to get into it.  My main character that I've had forever I've been trying to throw into fights, see if I can't get him killed, but he's survived a couple fights so far.  He's lasted so long because I haven't played the game a whole lot till recently.  Also had a small goal of trying to raid a base now that I can use explosives, so I've tried a few times to get into one base, but I only usually have enough for one wall and can't get through the other because grenades can be generally hard to find lol

Had a goofy experience today where on a different server I met a guy, didn't seem to "speak english" (according to him though I feel like he could say more than he let on), so I passed him, he comes by me asking for help from zombies a minute or two later, so i try to help, but I accidentally clipped him with my axe, killing him, though I tried to revive him, but he must've been badly wounded.  I grabbed some of his gear, because I wasn't going to let it go to waste, when I was then maybe attacked by his friend or a random, so I had to take him out too with only a half dozen rounds to a pretty weak gun, and I really only survived due to my bulletproof vest holding out longenough, making it out alive with blinking red health blood, and red health.  Luckily I had a blood bag, morphine, and saline to pull me from the bottom.  This game can be the most tense thing ever lol

Also the most terrifying, back on my main character earlier this week, I heard wolves, only had one show up, so I killed it, hung around for another 10 to 15 minutes to see if more would show up, and then left.  Like a couple miles away, 10 to 20 minutes later, out of nowhere, no sound, a wolf attacks me, must've been leftover from the pack, and scared the ever loving crap out of me more than anything else has in the game.  I've never seen something like that where a wolf would chase me that far with no noise lol

kashell

« Reply #4279 on: August 08, 2020, 05:10:12 pm »
You can't skip cut scenes in Ghosts of Tsushima.

You can't. Skip. Cut scenes.

WTF. It's 2020.

« Reply #4280 on: August 08, 2020, 05:46:06 pm »
Co-op Borderlands 3 with the GF.  Holy crap is the text tiny for split screen couch co-op.  "We almost stopped playing" levels of small.

telekill

« Reply #4281 on: August 08, 2020, 06:49:17 pm »

Why would you want too? It's a great story so far. Hoping to see a New Game + mode so I can lay waste to the Mongols at full power from the start.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4282 on: August 08, 2020, 07:19:17 pm »
I’ve been fooling around with Streets of Rage 4
That’s a fun time killer. I’m digging it so far.

kashell

« Reply #4283 on: August 09, 2020, 11:45:39 am »

Why would you want too? It's a great story so far. Hoping to see a New Game + mode so I can lay waste to the Mongols at full power from the start.
Some of them aren't interesting. I'd rather get them over with and take the reward.

It's a "feature" that should be included in modern games; especially ones like this. I can't even advance text.

shfan

« Reply #4284 on: August 09, 2020, 04:51:07 pm »
Paper Mario: Origami King for the Switch (love it), also playing Onimusha: Dawn of Dreams for the PS2, I've had a few goes at it in the distant past and never seem to get anywhere with it; now I know why. Having to distribute upgrades between 5 characters is irritating as sin, especially as the game decides when you can use a partner and at times even demands you use a character you don't like and haven't upgraded. Currently stuck on a tough boss fight using a character I haven't upgraded or used at all - fun, not.

« Reply #4285 on: August 16, 2020, 07:02:24 pm »
Fall Guys is a damned delight.  Frustrating as hell, and they still haven't quite gotten the server stability issues completely resolved, but I haven't had a play session yet that wasn't a total blast - when I could get in.

mark1982

« Reply #4286 on: August 19, 2020, 11:10:33 pm »
Star Ocean: First Departure R again on the Switch, some classic JPRG goodness ;D Played it on the PSP years back.

I like how they re-illustrated the characters for the dialogue sequences then give you the option to change it up anytime during the game for this re-release.

l    l 

« Reply #4287 on: August 20, 2020, 12:49:19 am »
287. A game I'm playing RN is a fan translation of Tales of Phantasia (PS1). It's the Absolute Zero translation if you're wondering.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2020, 12:53:34 am by spyrofanx »

« Reply #4288 on: September 08, 2020, 10:06:21 am »
Help.  I can't stop playing PC Building Simulator.  It's so simple, but the game play loop is so satisfying.

kashell

« Reply #4289 on: September 09, 2020, 08:22:41 am »
I've been playing Moon on the Switch. I'm still in disbelief that this was ported, but here we are!