Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 513939 times)

shfan

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #4320 on: October 10, 2020, 08:02:51 pm »
Yet another replay of Mount & Blade: Warband on the PS4, easily on of my favourite games ever, its combination of action, light strategy and medieval combat is an absolute joy. I've currently beaten 2 of the 6 rulers of the game and have 2 more almost finished off, hoping to make an alliance with one of the remainders and see if the other one attacks or makes friends, then live happily ever after.

I've been thoroughly enjoying Vaporum on the Switch, it's an old skool Eye of the Beholder type game, grid-based dungeons with action turn-based combat (almost fluid but not quite as you change squares and turn etc.) The obvious BioShock influence on the themes and setting is a big plus, the enemies are varied enough and the loot overfloweth, genius on a handheld.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4321 on: October 12, 2020, 09:53:22 am »
I started Diablo 3 again. Damn this is a fun game! 
My Necromancer, Bone Jovi, is bringing the pain already.

telekill

« Reply #4322 on: October 12, 2020, 10:15:41 am »
I'm currently playing Vampyr that was handed out as part of PS Plus. It's a bit rough around some of the edges but not a bad game. Fun to play during the Halloween season. I'm also on and off playing Luigi's Mansion 3 with the kids. They're enjoying it for the most part. They're younger so they need help with some boss battles. As of Friday, I'm going to try out the new co-op mode for Ghost of Tsushima. Really looking forward too it.

kashell

« Reply #4323 on: October 14, 2020, 06:16:00 pm »
Many years later, I finally started Ys Origin. I'm going through my first file (on Normal difficulty) with Hugo. He's been great so far. He has a one-liner for everything.

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4324 on: October 14, 2020, 07:06:43 pm »
Just finished the evil within 2 i was pleasantly surprised cause i hated the first game but enjoyed this one. now im going to go back and try to finish metro exodus next

« Reply #4325 on: October 15, 2020, 04:44:24 am »
Just finished the evil within 2 i was pleasantly surprised cause i hated the first game but enjoyed this one. now im going to go back and try to finish metro exodus next

That's interesting you say that as i really couldn't get into the 1st game at all - I beat it but it was a struggle! So I've not even opened the 2nd one yet. Glad to hear it is better.

I've been playing the Abe's Odyssey Remaster New N' tasty - Really enjoying it but I feel like such a plank as I didn't realise you could jump into portals for extra areas - So went I passed the 1st location 49 perished ... whoops!

Great game though, when I finish this I may play the other remasters on PS3 - Odd we never got a PS4 version of Munch & Stranger, especially when there are recent Switch versions.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2020, 04:57:48 am by vivigamer »

« Reply #4326 on: October 15, 2020, 06:19:00 am »
Ended up popping back into Smite, I haven't played it in forever, it was the only MOBA I ever kinda liked because it wasn't a point and click sort of thing with the third person view.  So many more gods now, and I need to figure out which ones I like, though Cthulu is a newer one I'm digging.  He's gigantic, interesting moves, and not too hard to use, so when he moves out of rotation, I might buy him.

« Reply #4327 on: October 18, 2020, 11:46:20 pm »
Enjoying The Surge 2 right now.  The first game was pretty sloppy, it just didn't feel right to play and it was pretty boring in just the first hour or two I played of the game, but the sequel is a lot more fun.  Gameplay definitely feels improved, though it's still not on the level of the Soulsborne games.  Figuring out the parrying times is probably the hardest part about the game, because it's not just about a single button press, you have to be primed for a block and then press the right analog in the direction.  With the wind up time some enemies have, I miss the parry so often.  I really like the gear system, as you have to get it by hacking off limbs, which gives a blueprint, then you build it, and to upgrade, you need to hack off more limbs for the parts.  It's a little more interesting than just finding loot in chests.  Very solid game though, definitely was worth checking it out on Game Pass.

kashell

« Reply #4328 on: October 19, 2020, 07:48:26 am »
I started the new Legends campaign in Ghost of Tsushima (Ronin class) yesterday. I'm really torn on this.

More Ghosts is cool. The stories I've played so far are well written. The atmosphere is much more grim than the main game.

But, to get the most of out and to get the trophies more efficiently, it's clear I'll have to play online - something I don't want to pay for.

I may have to just settle on not having 100% trophy completion for this even though I already acquired the platinum.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4329 on: October 21, 2020, 06:51:01 pm »
I really think that Diablo III is becoming a Top 10 All Time Favorite for me.
I can’t tell you another modern game that I’ve played through more than once. This game does an amazing job of making you feel like a real Billy Badass. I can’t get enough!

Plus, I’m really proud of my character name: Bone Jovi

« Reply #4330 on: October 22, 2020, 11:53:58 am »
I was looking for something light to play and remembered that my XB1 came with Forza Horizon 3 and the Hot Wheels DLC.  I have been having a nice chill time with.  Big change of pace from what I normally play, but gorgeous and fun.

« Reply #4331 on: October 22, 2020, 03:20:04 pm »
Started into Darksiders Genesis.  It's weird playing the series like this as it does just feel like a Darksiders game from a top down view, but I'm still slightly bummed that Strife's game wasn't a third person action adventure like the rest.  I still think it'll be a good game and I dig Strife's personality.  He's definitely more jokey than the rest of the Horsemen, but not in any cartoonish way like Deadpool would, though I sorta get that vibe off him a little.

megasilverx1

« Reply #4332 on: October 26, 2020, 11:25:19 pm »
Playing Mighty No. 9. Found it during some black friday sale at work a few years ago and haven't really touched it since then. It's pretty bad; like boring bad, not ha ha this game is funny bad. I'll be replaying Mega Man 11 after I finish this game.

« Reply #4333 on: October 29, 2020, 02:21:00 am »
Giving Alien: Isolation another try.  Originally wrote down that I was just gonna see if I could get past the part I stalled on before in this game, I only played a few hours initially before dropping it a few years back, getting kinda fed up with some of the annoyances dealing with the androids and xenomorph, but I'm well past that part now.  I don't know if I had the difficulty up to high the first time, just playing on medium now, and there's still stuff that annoys me, but I'm progressing.  I still hate the one hit kills with the xeno and that minimal combat (I prefer my survival horror to be abit more Resident Evil or Evil Within 2), but I think I might be able to get through the game to experience the story.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2020, 06:05:33 am by kamikazekeeg »

tripredacus

« Reply #4334 on: October 29, 2020, 10:04:59 am »
I have gotten what I figured would have been the two hardest achievements in X-Morph Defense. That being the Gold medal and wave 15 achievements. Fortunately, the Wave 15 says "survive wave 15" but it gives you the achievement when the wave starts. So really it is survive Wave 14.

I'm only playing through the survival missions now and just to a win. Not going to go all "Angry Birds" and try to get gold medal for everything. Now I think that the only achievements I won't be able to get are the Co-op Campaign ones.