Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 514335 times)

kashell

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #4350 on: November 11, 2020, 01:06:09 pm »
Nearly a year after receiving it as a gift, I'm playing Soul Nomad and the World Eaters on the PlayStation 2. I'm about 10 hours in and it still hasn't pulled the usual N1-isms I normally can't stand. Even the story and characters have more depth to them than their usual stuff.

I'm quite pleased.

I'm glad you like it :) I'll be waiting to read your review!

I finished the game a bit ago! Here's the review:

http://kashelltriumph.com/soul-nomad-and-the-world-eaters/

telly

« Reply #4351 on: November 11, 2020, 01:11:25 pm »
Nearly a year after receiving it as a gift, I'm playing Soul Nomad and the World Eaters on the PlayStation 2. I'm about 10 hours in and it still hasn't pulled the usual N1-isms I normally can't stand. Even the story and characters have more depth to them than their usual stuff.

I'm quite pleased.

I'm glad you like it :) I'll be waiting to read your review!

I finished the game a bit ago! Here's the review:

http://kashelltriumph.com/soul-nomad-and-the-world-eaters/

I just finished reading it. Glad to hear it was so enjoyable! When I was testing it I really loved the sprite art as well. It's incredibly well-done.
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

tripredacus

« Reply #4352 on: November 12, 2020, 09:56:59 am »
Hexen is the most annoying game I've played in a while. It is worse than Heretic. I went like an hour before even getting a weapon. The switch hunting is still no big deal... but on whatever level I am on, you have to get a key. And it seems impossible to get the key. I didn't feel like noclipping to get it, so that goes back into the queue for now. On to running through The Ultimate Doom using Brutal Doom mod.

In Skyrim, I finally did all those thieve's guild quests to get that achievement. Some achievements appear broken on this playthrough, such as "Oblivion Walker" since it requires you to talk to some people who are not essential. In the early years of this playthrough, these people might have died during the vampire or dragon attacks that happen when certain quests are active. Another consideration for broken quests can also be that in the past 3 or so years, I've been using a mod that disables Essential tags on NPCs (except followers). Some of the quests in Dawnguard never got the achievements and I think it was because I had used cheats at some point, which disables them. For example the Soul Tear or Auriel's Bow, Dragonrider are left. I have the shout to summon that dragon but he doesn't show up. "Master Architect" does not work either since I built the 3 houses with the 3 wings.

All that seems left on this playthrough would be Thief (pick 50 pockets), Master Criminal (1k bounty in all holds), Werewolf Mastered (should get me that bounty. My achievements are here: https://steamcommunity.com/id/tripredacus/stats/TheElderScrollsVSkyrim

I also did look and it seems that Skyrim Special Edition does not share achievements with the original release, which is kinda dumb since it is the same game. So I will have to do another playthrough of regular edition with another character to do the remaining ones, and when that is done, then I will be able to put on the Special Edition install and be able to use the mods specifically designed for the 64-bit version.

stealthrush

« Reply #4353 on: November 13, 2020, 04:53:28 pm »
Just completed Super Robot Taisen OG Saga: Endless Frontier on Nintendo DS in 31hrs my party was around level 52 lowest 49. on to Super Robot Taisen OG Saga: Endless Frontier Exceed!

I've also been playing Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus R on Steam participating in the improved Network [GGPO "Rollback"] beta that lasts 2-weeks.

« Reply #4354 on: November 16, 2020, 02:11:05 am »
I have been recently playing this Archwar game.
This is quite an interesting game.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2020, 10:37:17 am by tripredacus »

« Reply #4355 on: November 16, 2020, 05:10:46 am »
Knack II. I enjoyed the first game and this one seems more streamlined.

telekill

« Reply #4356 on: November 16, 2020, 09:10:15 am »
Currently playing on PS5 is AC Valhalla, Destiny Beyond Light and Astro's Playroom.

« Reply #4357 on: November 16, 2020, 09:20:59 am »
I started Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor, which is fun, but a bit janky in a couple of spots - probably due to the age, as most similar games I've played that are more recent are more smooth.  The color palette is a bit drab, and it's starting to get a little repetitive, but Ratbag is a hilarious character.

Shadow of War is not nearly as good.  For starters they flipped some button commands for stuff, which is irritating.  Shelob is a sexy lady for some reason.  The power scaling abilities aren't as interesting.  I'm still having fun playing and traversal is more smooth, but its just not as good as the previous game.

kashell

« Reply #4358 on: November 16, 2020, 04:54:04 pm »
I started Front Mission on the DS. I'm curious about how it'll compare to Front Missions 3 and 4 since I really enjoyed both of those.

« Reply #4359 on: November 17, 2020, 03:18:30 pm »
Alongside plans to dabble in Monster Hunter World and Avengers, which are both running awesome on the PS5, I made my first proper PS5 game (Other than Astro's Playroom) Demon's Souls.  It looks and plays incredible, just absolutely smooth, no issues so far.  I'm two bosses down and really liking it, with all the usual frustrations that come with a tough as heck Souls experience lol I personally would've like them to have added some of the improvements they brought in with Dark Souls 3, like the game is still using "Hold O" to run, which a tap is your roll, and that was always an awkward thing for the series all the way up till they put it on the left analog click in Dark Souls 3.  At least there doesn't seem jumping in this game that I noticed, so it's not like I'm having to do that awful Souls-style platforming here lol

telly

« Reply #4360 on: November 17, 2020, 09:43:43 pm »
I'm excited to replay Demon's Souls on the PS5 one day because my playthrough ran like hot garbage on the PS3 when I beat it a few years ago.
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #4361 on: November 18, 2020, 03:20:52 am »
I'm excited to replay Demon's Souls on the PS5 one day because my playthrough ran like hot garbage on the PS3 when I beat it a few years ago.

I never got that far into the original game because of how poorly it ran and how janky it was to play.  I know there are people that like it more than Dark Souls, but the games afterward really improved things for me.  Could definitely use some extra Archstones like in the other games with one of the areas I'm getting annoyed with, The Ritual Path.  The area is the kind of design I hate in Soulborne games, where there's a lot of narrow areas to fall off and have no maneuverability, there are enemies with unblockable, high damage, attacks, and there regular random aerial attacks from enemies that I can't take out.  It just turns into tedium, though I'm impressed that I've gone this long after like...6 bosses and just now hitting one of these zones.  Not that I haven't died a bunch in other areas, this one in particular just isn't even slightly fun to me and I've must've died over a dozen times so far.  Though I don't believe I've hit the worst of it as I think I've heard Valley of Defilement is not a fun time.  Sorta sounds like this games Blight Town. 

I am enjoying myself though despite hitting some frustrating points.  After Demon's Souls, I'm definitely replaying Dark Souls 3.  It gets 60fps on PS5 and I'm curious to see how it plays compared to Demon's as it has been a little while since I play DS3.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2020, 05:47:25 am by kamikazekeeg »

koemo1

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4362 on: November 18, 2020, 07:28:20 am »
On my own, I'm playing Red Dead Redemption 2 for the PS4 and Smuggler's Run for the GameCube. Meanwhile, I'm playing Tomb Raider for the PS1 with a friend in the weekends. With another friend, we are going through Donkey Kong Country on the SNES mini.
Currently playing:
Rogue Trooper [xbox]
Days Gone [ps4]

pzeke

« Reply #4363 on: November 18, 2020, 09:55:16 am »
[...] Shelob is a sexy lady for some reason. [...]

Well, to be fair, it's all in the name.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

tripredacus

« Reply #4364 on: November 19, 2020, 12:10:17 pm »
In Skyrim I did finally get the three remaining achievements that I believe to be possible at this point, but unfortunately it is going to look like this playthrough is coming to an end. The reason for this is simple, to level up the werewolf skills, you need to kill and eat humans, at least at the start.

The first thing I did was get married, which was super easy. Then the next was how to handle this werewolf business. I decided to do the pickpocketing since I still needed to do that, and figured I would pickpocket until caught, then turn into a werewolf. Now there are a couple of towns that have no population left. Sorry game. I did manage to finish up the werewolf skills before I got 1000 bounty in every hold. Then I switched to just killing guards, and the hard part was getting arrested after getting that achievement since guards will be on kill on site mode. I did eventually find someone who tried to arrest me, rather it turned out I found a Thieve's Guild person who I bribed to remove the fines. Now I'm not sure if it was just the fines in that one hold or not.

The only feasible thing left to get is the pickpockets. And then I think I'm just going to add mods until the world breaks. Then I will redo the mods I have installed and start a new game where I choose the side of the Imperials, and try to get the remaining achievements.