Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 514092 times)

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #4530 on: January 26, 2022, 05:20:45 am »
As far as FPS games I'm playing Escape from Tarkov. Its super intense. Other games would be Star Citizen. Its a very interesting space sim/mmo but its in its alpha phase. Also No Mercy.

I pop into Escape from Tarkov every like year or so, see some of the new stuff, get killed mercilessly a couple times, and then lose interest, because it's way too hardcore lol It's maybe one of the best shooters in terms of like gun modification, gunplay, mechanics, the entire loot and survival system, it's genuinely brilliant, I just wish it was a different game.  If this was a STALKER game in a singleplayer, open world, setting, it could potentially be a favorite game of mine, or at the very least had a normal PVP respawn mode that helped me learn actual combat better, I'd be more inclined to stick around.  Most fights end so quick, there's very little to learn from it.  I know of Offline Raids, which are for learning the map, sorta testing kits, fighting against the reasonable enough AI, but it's still not the same.

I feel like the one thing it needs to, is like a quality vaulting system, like what Battlefield 1 and Battlefield V have, it would do a lot for the games movement, which is pretty rough, I watch it on stream a lot and there's a lot of scenarios where it's just guys awkwardly jumping over stuff and that it would enhance the game if people could vault over cover while getting shot, or running away, or running toward, while still involving the momentum, stamina, and other elements players have to deal with.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2022, 05:23:37 am by kamikazekeeg »

« Reply #4531 on: January 26, 2022, 08:35:19 am »
Finished Far Cry 6 a few days ago and got my wife to continue her Dark Souls 3 playthrough, which is slow as ever as she'll only play for like 20 minutes a day or something, so nearly no progress was made yesterday.  Last we played, all she had to do was fight 2 black knights and go in a building to pick up some items, but she couldn't beat the 2 black knights, she couldn't even kite and beat 1 black knight, so she quit for like a month.  Played last night, died once to the first black knight, stated that she remembers why she stopped playing, so I went and beat the black knight to show her how you kite and back stab them, got double teamed and wound up killing both for her... and then there were no more black knights so I told her just go and pick up the items, it's an optional area anyway, I just wanted her to get this one item.

Anyway, I haven't really picked a new game to play yet.  I played through the first 4 Crash games (1-3 and CTR) and started 4 (That is the recent 4, not Wrath of Cortex).  So I've kinda started a franchise run of the Crash series, I don't own Crash Bash, so gotta figure that one out.  But I play the Crash games when my kid is awake because that's friendly enough for him.

But I do need a night time game to play when my kid is asleep.  I haven't yet picked something.  I was thinking about Lost Judgment, Avengers, Spider-man (Remastered/Miles Morales), maybe Nioh.  Basically something PS4/PS5 so I don't have to take Dark Souls 3 out of my Xbox and I don't have to take Crash out of my Switch.

In the meantime, I have been playing Timesplitters 2 and Future Perfect on Xbox since it's been added to BC and was on sale recently.  I've beaten these games multiple times before, but I've never actually played the Xbox versions of these games, not that there is any difference.  I'm hoping not to dump too much time into these games as it's not really working on my backlog playing a game I've played hundreds of times before.

« Reply #4532 on: January 27, 2022, 09:14:05 pm »
Dabbled in Chernobylite on PC, I've wanted to check it out for awhile, but never had the free time as it appeals to my love of games like STALKER and Metro and yeah it's definitely a lot of those two games in influence for sure, combined with kind of a cool hub base that you can build up and need to balance power, comfort, air quality, and a few other things, so kinda like the town building in Fallout 4, just on a smaller scale.  You then go from there to do missions to get supplies and I think more guys that can help me accomplish the games main story, doing missions that are set in these set enclosed open area zones that you do the missions and then head back to base with your scavenged supplies.  The scale of them is pretty good for what they are and I didn't hit every location on my first mission and I'm curious if the days progress or new missions in that area pop up, how much the area changes.

It seems very solid and looks really good for a budget game.  I'd highly recommend it if you are into these kinda slower, abit more hardcore suvival/crafting singleplayer shooters, and it has a great demo that is just straight up the actual game. I got to do the entire intro and my first mission and build up my base abit, and I played for well over an hour and probably could've played more for all I know, it's absolutely worth checking out the demo, I just figured that was good enough for me and bought the game since it's on sale lol
« Last Edit: January 27, 2022, 09:36:07 pm by kamikazekeeg »

telekill

« Reply #4533 on: January 28, 2022, 08:17:08 am »
I completed Guardians of the Galaxy (PS5) last night just in time to replay Uncharted 4 and Lost Legacy via their PS5 upgrades. I'm also planning on replaying Mass Effect Andromeda.

Fun fact: I reinstalled Mass Effect Andromeda the other night and loaded into one of my save files. The game now looks worse than the first three games after the Legendary Edition's release... not just in animations but overall graphics.

koemo1

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4534 on: January 28, 2022, 11:51:20 am »
Got into fortnite again
Currently playing:
Rogue Trooper [xbox]
Days Gone [ps4]

kashell

« Reply #4535 on: January 29, 2022, 06:59:06 pm »
I've been playing Romancing SaGa 2 and hot damn, it feels great to play an older game in this series again. This one is not pulling any punches, either. It's like a Souls game with difficulty and the amount of options you have to overcome an objective.

« Reply #4536 on: February 01, 2022, 04:00:59 am »
currently re-re-re-re-re-playing Donkey Kong Country 2 for SNES.
Simply one of the best plattformers ever made, and I enjoy every second of it.
ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US !!
WELCOME TO YOUR DOOM !!

« Reply #4537 on: February 01, 2022, 09:09:05 pm »
Due to Battlefield 2042 flopping, I've spent the past month dabbling in Battlefield history, playing most of the games all of the way back to Bad Company 2.  BF3 didn't seem to have much of a playerbase, so I didn't really get to do much with that, and Bad Company 2 is also fairly dead, but I got a few rounds and it's fun! It's interesting to see how much the series has evolved since then, because the gameplay is so much better in later games.  You can't even strafe while running in Bad Company 2, it's weird.  I also found that one guy basically cleaned up all the visuals of the game with mods and it makes the game way nicer to look at and play, though without much of a playerbase, I can't really stick with it.

Battlefield 4 is content heavy as hell, I had forgotten how many guns and everything that game got.  It went through hell for abit, but came out a pretty damn good game.  Battlefield 1 is where the series really amped its visuals and gameplay, mobility in particular feels so damn good and while I hate the weapon variant system compared to just normal gun customization, it's the only thing I don't really like about it.  Battlefield V is also good, less so than BF1, mostly because it had the worst development run up till 2042 came out, and they ended support before that game could really get the content it needed as it has nothing with Russia or the Eastern Front really, so it doesn't feel right as a WW2 game missing a lot of that stuff.  Both BF1 and BFV got a pick up in players lately, so they along with BF4 are the games to check out.

Battlefield 2042 is going to get cleaned up, but it's gonna take a long while before it could ever be recommend as a game, a year minimum and even then, I have no idea if it's a game I'd ever recommend.  This game was the very bottom for the series for sure...

telly

« Reply #4538 on: February 02, 2022, 10:49:52 am »
I'm about 80 hours into Person 5  :o These games always run a little too long for my liking. About 60 hours in I start getting quite fatigued.

Still! This is a great game and improves on so many things over Persona 4, particularly in the combat/social link mechanics and visual design.
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #4539 on: February 02, 2022, 01:53:55 pm »
Played Avengers enough to get the credits to roll, but couldn't be bothered to put in more time.

Playing The Medium because it's leaving Game Pass on the 15th.  I started streaming it last year and then abandoned the game for no good reason, thought I'd stream continuing, but I've just been hurting too much to bother.  I really probably could've at least done a no commentary stream, but I couldn't even bother to do that unfortunately.

stealthrush

« Reply #4540 on: February 15, 2022, 03:44:01 am »
Just completed Bomberman 2 on Nintendo DS, collected nearly all the hidden armor pieces to be greeted with a completion rate of 68% going to truly complete it soon. Also playing through Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin on Nintendo DS for the first time- I'm at the final boss BUT before I defeat him I want to finish up a handful of remaining quests, defeat Belmont, AND defeat the boss rush in the underground area. Besdies those two I'm casually playing Endless Frontier EXCEED: Super Robot Wars OG Saga on Nintendo DS thanks to fan translation.

brothertuc

« Reply #4541 on: February 15, 2022, 09:12:35 am »
Just started Black on my PS2.
It's so long since I've played it, and I remember it being a great game.

« Reply #4542 on: February 19, 2022, 10:41:55 pm »
Picked up Pogostuck and if folks know what that is, they are probably questioning my sanity lol Honestly, I've never been huge into the purposefully hard games, the games designed to be punishing, but there is something so oddly interesting to games like this. 

I actually had picked up Jump King before this, because I liked the whole aesthetic of that more, but I really hated the lack of feedback that game has and how stiff the movement feels.  I've heard it's way easier than Pogostuck, at least the base game is, but I wasn't enjoying myself, so I ended up refunding that game.  Pogostuck is already hard as hell, I've only made it 20% through the map after an hour, but the feedback and movement feels so much better.  So it's this weird trade off where I picked up a way harder game, but I enjoy the feel of it more, though I need to figure out the controls and what I like.  Controller feels good in general, but I feel like I'm missing out on the fine tuning needed, because it's been really easy to turn to much, which will wreck you on the slopes. 

I'll probably hate myself for playing the game, but who knows, maybe I'll actually make it through the first map.

*EDIT* Also this game is murder on the hands on controller.  This is gonna be a game I only play an hour at a time lol
« Last Edit: February 20, 2022, 12:52:01 am by kamikazekeeg »

« Reply #4543 on: February 21, 2022, 11:38:02 am »
With Elden Ring coming out this weekend I went back to an old Cities: Skylines build.  I've got pretty much all of the DLC so it was fun to do the micromanagement for the Industrial and Campus areas.

« Reply #4544 on: February 23, 2022, 12:45:55 pm »
My wife finally finished Dark Souls 3.  Since we have some time, we started up Bloodborne.  We definitely won't finish before Elden Ring, but I think GS does slow shipping so our second copy might not arrive in a timely fashion.

She's quite enjoying Bloodborne so far.  Just did Cleric Beast and Father Gascoigne.  About to start Cathedral Ward.