Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 514803 times)

telly

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #2190 on: October 05, 2015, 09:45:55 am »
I played a little bit of Secret of Mana over the weekend with a lady-friend ;) lol

Though I don't know how much I'm going to be able to play it though with Earthbound and FF:CC. Too many RPGs at once :o
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

kashell

« Reply #2191 on: October 05, 2015, 09:47:57 am »
I played a little bit of Secret of Mana over the weekend with a lady-friend ;) lol

Though I don't know how much I'm going to be able to play it though with Earthbound and FF:CC. Too many RPGs at once :o

It doesn't matter what type of friend you play it with, since Secret of Mana is magnificence in game form.

I hope you enjoyed it!

telly

« Reply #2192 on: October 05, 2015, 09:51:17 am »

It doesn't matter what type of friend you play it with, since Secret of Mana is magnificence in game form.

I hope you enjoyed it!

I/we did enjoy it! The music is fantastic and it's a blast to play. It sucks that it takes so long to get the multiplayer going though. We're in the process of going to the Kingdom of Pandora
Currently Playing:

« Reply #2193 on: October 06, 2015, 03:15:55 am »
Just beat the Plague Knight DLC for Shovel Knight.  It's pretty great.  Generally felt way more challenging since you were having to deal with vastly different forms of attacks.  That alone added plenty of challenge.

turom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2194 on: October 06, 2015, 07:44:20 am »
I started Dark Souls. It's just as challenging as I expected it to be so far.

Praise the Sun!
BLOG - PSN - IMGUR - YOUTUBE

desocietas

« Reply #2195 on: October 06, 2015, 11:22:05 am »
I started Dark Souls. It's just as challenging as I expected it to be so far.

Praise the Sun!

\ [T] /

I fired up Danganronpa this weekend, and boy is it weird so far. I haven't gotten to the meat of the game yet, but I'm curious as to what develops. It also seems to bring some interesting people to the channel chatroom when I stream it...  ::)
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2196 on: October 06, 2015, 12:23:40 pm »
Just beat the Plague Knight DLC for Shovel Knight.  It's pretty great.  Generally felt way more challenging since you were having to deal with vastly different forms of attacks.  That alone added plenty of challenge.

Looks like a lot of fun! I just haven't gotten into it between moving into a new house, having family over to see the house, and new TV season. I need to have a little more me time.

abe

« Reply #2197 on: October 06, 2015, 12:28:03 pm »

How are you enjoying Earthbound so far?
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

telly

« Reply #2198 on: October 06, 2015, 02:52:50 pm »
It's a lot of fun! I'm in Threed right now. :) I love the setting, the atmosphere the dialogue and the music. It's so unique to be playing an RPG that's not fantasy based; it's why I love Mother 3 and why I'm enjoying this game a lot.

If only the combat was better/ not so frustrating. Can't say I enjoy that part  :(
Currently Playing:

abe

« Reply #2199 on: October 06, 2015, 03:00:23 pm »
What exactly are your frustrations with the battle system?

telly

« Reply #2200 on: October 06, 2015, 03:10:56 pm »
Ohh, that sometimes you miss upwards of 75% of the time, your party members join you at level 1, defending doesn't take priority so it's a waste of a turn if you aren't fast enough, the limited inventory is a little annoying too.

Maybe I'm just not old school enough  :P I will say that I definitely like how you insta-kill enemies if their a lower level than you. That's really cool.
Currently Playing:

abe

« Reply #2201 on: October 06, 2015, 03:45:23 pm »
I never really saw those as issues, though I'm a little (really) biased because I love the game so much. :-[

The insta-kill for weak enemies on the map was always a nice touch. :) At the time, I hadn't played any other RPGs that did that, so it left a good impression on me.

Nice hear you're enjoying it aside from that. :)

telly

« Reply #2202 on: October 06, 2015, 03:53:59 pm »
I am on the whole enjoying it a lot :) My problems with the combat are more nitpicks than anything. I also didn't mention the rolling counter that you can use to save yourself from a mortal blow. And you can also survive any mortal attack with 1 hp if you have enough guts (I think?)
Currently Playing:

abe

« Reply #2203 on: October 06, 2015, 04:09:26 pm »
The rolling counter can be a lifesaver towards the end of the game. I'm not sure if you can survive any mortal blow with 1hp from high guts, I'm pretty sure it's just much more likely that you'll survive a mortal blow.

maximo310

« Reply #2204 on: October 06, 2015, 07:00:45 pm »
I think that even with high guts, the % of surviving mortal damage is still pretty low; the stat mostly works on gaining high % for smash attacks.