Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 515681 times)

90snostalga

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #2250 on: October 27, 2015, 02:16:47 pm »
Gears of WAR

scott

« Reply #2251 on: October 27, 2015, 08:55:50 pm »
I've been mostly playing MGSV, Persona Q and Etrian Odyessy Untold. With a bit of Castlevania 1 no death runs mixed in.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

maximo310

« Reply #2252 on: October 27, 2015, 09:10:09 pm »
I've been working on a 1cc of a arcade game called Crime City. It's kinda like Rolling Thunder, except your character can roll into a ball and damage enemies which is just hilarious. It's also a very useful mechanic that helps make the game enjoyable compared to other Rolling Thunder clones.

« Reply #2253 on: October 28, 2015, 06:11:31 pm »
They finally put Arkham Knight back on PC, so I got the DLC to do now.  Two are mostly pointless, but one of them should be okay.

Warmsignal

« Reply #2254 on: October 29, 2015, 12:29:27 am »
Wild Woody (Sega CD) Ugh, annoying as hell. BAD controls, unavoidable hits, lame music, poor level design.

Shadow Dancer (Genesis) Good game. Good controls, good challenge, good music. Haven't figured out how to use the dog yet, though.

« Reply #2255 on: October 30, 2015, 02:24:27 am »
Gotta pass the time till Fallout 4 in less than two weeks, so I'm diving into some slightly older stuff I never did beat.  Felt in the mood for some Halo recently as I use to be such a big fan, but after moving away from home and losing the local LAN party stuff and becoming more of a PC player, I sorta fell out of the series, so I'm going to go back and beat Halo 4 which I only put a few hours into before.  Still solid shooter stuff even if I prefer keyboard/mouse.

Also looking to take another stab at Nier.  I played it for abit awhile back, but for some reason I don't remember why I stopped.  With the sequel coming up and looking fantastic, I felt like it was a good time to go and beat it, despite it possibly not sharing much with the previous one.

« Reply #2256 on: November 01, 2015, 09:15:41 am »
I just beat Tearaway Unfolded recently but I'm gonna go back to get all the trophies. That game was amazing!

I recently got Knack so I'm playing through that, it's pretty challenging.

I'm also gonna try to start playing GTAV and GTA Online more.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2257 on: November 01, 2015, 11:17:31 am »
Wild Woody (Sega CD)

Nobody at that company thought, "Gee, maybe "Wild Woody" isn't the best name for this."

« Reply #2258 on: November 03, 2015, 07:46:37 pm »
Arkham Knight was put back on Steam, so I got the DLC finally, though of course, two of the three I got were the crap mini-mission DLC's.  Just the worst as they are like 10 minutes of content.  Haven't done the bigger Batgirl DLC yet, though I heard that at least has like a half hour or more to play.  I did sorta like Nightwing's mission because it's set after the events of the main game, so you get stuff to go along with that and I like seeing more of what comes after a games completion.

Been playing Tri Force Heroes also when I'm running around and have to wait and it's pretty entertaining as a spinoff game, though it is way tougher playing solo than with people, which I haven't done yet.  Normally I'm not very much into co-op games if I don't have friends to play it with and we can talk to each other, so I'm gonna go through singleplayer like this, which I heard is basically like playing "Hard Mode" lol Nifty game idea though, even if I'm not into the top down Zelda's as much anymore.  Think I'm gonna finally get around to beating Wind Waker as I've been dying for some new 3D Zelda and I haven't touched Wind Waker HD yet, despite owning the Wind Waker HD bundle lol

desocietas

« Reply #2259 on: November 04, 2015, 07:34:26 pm »
Been playing Tri Force Heroes also when I'm running around and have to wait and it's pretty entertaining as a spinoff game, though it is way tougher playing solo than with people, which I haven't done yet.  Normally I'm not very much into co-op games if I don't have friends to play it with and we can talk to each other, so I'm gonna go through singleplayer like this, which I heard is basically like playing "Hard Mode" lol Nifty game idea though, even if I'm not into the top down Zelda's as much anymore.  Think I'm gonna finally get around to beating Wind Waker as I've been dying for some new 3D Zelda and I haven't touched Wind Waker HD yet, despite owning the Wind Waker HD bundle lol

If anything, if you know two other local gamers who have a 3DS, they can play with you with Download Play without buying two more copies of the game. I'm not sure if it limits parts of the game (costumes are limited, I believe), but might be fun for to try out. Unfortunately, you can't try multiplayer with just one other person - the game won't allow it. Would've been fun to play with the bf, but no go unless we find one more.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

doafan

« Reply #2260 on: November 04, 2015, 08:02:39 pm »
Hard to admit it but have been playing Lollipop Chainsaw all days since I purchased this title, why ?, well because it's fucking hilarious, Resident Evil 5 and 6 killed my love for the zombies but this game totally made me recover this emotion for these creatures also Juliet costumes are perfect for a perv like myself am currently trying to get all of them but the most sexy are first of course and last I do want to unlock all the achievements for this one, am glad that this one doesn't have that kind of impossibles, just need to play a lot and complete some normal situations to get them, already have 41 of the 50 that this title has  ;D 

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

« Reply #2261 on: November 04, 2015, 08:07:13 pm »
Hard to admit it but have been playing Lollipop Chainsaw all days since I purchased this title, why ?, well because it's fucking hilarious, Resident Evil 5 and 6 killed my love for the zombies but this game totally made me recover this emotion for these creatures also Juliet costumes are perfect for a perv like myself am currently trying to get all of them but the most sexy are first of course and last I do want to unlock all the achievements for this one, am glad that this one doesn't have that kind of impossibles, just need to play a lot and complete some normal situations to get them, already have 41 of the 50 that this title has  ;D

I need to go back and beat this game.  I only put a couple hours in before I think I got sidetracked, but it was fun.  I like goofy, over the top, games like this.  Shadow of the Damned was another that had some fun moments, in particular that section that is basically a love letter to Evil Dead lol

doafan

« Reply #2262 on: November 04, 2015, 08:18:41 pm »
I need to go back and beat this game.  I only put a couple hours in before I think I got sidetracked, but it was fun.  I like goofy, over the top, games like this.  Shadow of the Damned was another that had some fun moments, in particular that section that is basically a love letter to Evil Dead lol

You should need to give it another try, purchased Metroid: Other M after this one and this game is still at the box, lol, by the way a friend told me that I need Shadow of the Damned at my collection but to be quite honest haven't heard or read any review about it so how good is it ?, I'm planning to get Killer is Dead but if you convince me I'll totally put this last one at the wish list  8)

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2263 on: November 04, 2015, 08:53:37 pm »

You should need to give it another try, purchased Metroid: Other M after this one and this game is still at the box, lol, by the way a friend told me that I need Shadow of the Damned at my collection but to be quite honest haven't heard or read any review about it so how good is it ?, I'm planning to get Killer is Dead but if you convince me I'll totally put this last one at the wish list  8)

I'm a huge Suda 51 fan I'd suggest Shadows of the Damned far over Killer is Dead. the Characters in Shadows of the Damned are just great the banter between Garcia F**king Hotspur and Johnson is Hilarious

« Reply #2264 on: November 04, 2015, 10:51:18 pm »

Shadow of the Damned is much like Lollipop Chainsaw, in that it isn't doing anything particularly new or great, but it has that cheesy action and characters that you commonly see in games like this and makes it pretty entertaining.  It's not very long and doesn't have any real replay value, but I believe it's cheap, so it shouldn't be a big deal to get.  Probably would be fitting to get alongside Killer is Dead, but I never played that one.