Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 514928 times)

turf

PRO Supporter

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #2295 on: December 01, 2015, 04:52:43 pm »
It's only like $20 for the game.

Yeah... Stupid question.  I should have looked it up first.   :o

rayne315

« Reply #2296 on: December 01, 2015, 04:55:20 pm »

no wait for a price drop you can always find it for $5-10
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

turom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2297 on: December 01, 2015, 05:29:53 pm »

I'm loving it!

Intense FPS action mixed with moments of stealth. It's bloody, it's brutal, it's intense, and it's in your face!

The story is awesome. It starts in WWII with you and your unit fighting Nazis. You get injured and end up in a nursing home. By the time you get "healed" and get your wits back about you, it's the 1960s and the Nazis have won WWII and now rule the world. They decide the nursing home your in needs to be shut down, and start killing people. You escape, and realize how wrong the world has become. You end up freeing some war criminals to help you and start up a resistance to take down the Nazi Regime.

One scene in particular really stood out to me: You get done freeing some your resistance fighters from this giant Nazi concentration camp. Just as you go out the front to freedom, the Nazi army stand in front of your exit, ready to stop you. They have this giant robot. Well, one of the prisoners you just freed is an expert hacker. He hacks into the robot, and you gain control of it. The robot smashing the Nazi woman's face that's in charge of the prison. As all hell breaks loose and gunfire is going off around you and people are running around; the Nazi woman crawls towards you and climbs up you. Her face is the camera now, and it's all mangled, with a broken jaw, and missing teeth; just looking all gnarly. She's spitting out at you how you and your vermin comrades will never make it out alive. It was really cool looking, like a scene from a horror movie.

If you have an Xbox One, get this one. It's a lot of fun.

Yes! Beaten this game on PC some months ago and it was definitely a great shooting experience!
BLOG - PSN - IMGUR - YOUTUBE

desocietas

« Reply #2298 on: December 01, 2015, 07:59:04 pm »
I started Final Fantasy Type-0 last night. I'm guessing that this is supposed to be the "edgy" FF because it's rated M.

The beginning is so bloody and sad  :'(

I couldn't play much more than an hour of it - just wasn't feeling it, and the tutorial wasn't sticking for me. I'll have to give it another shot one day.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #2299 on: December 02, 2015, 01:42:53 am »

I'm loving it!

Intense FPS action mixed with moments of stealth. It's bloody, it's brutal, it's intense, and it's in your face!

The story is awesome. It starts in WWII with you and your unit fighting Nazis. You get injured and end up in a nursing home. By the time you get "healed" and get your wits back about you, it's the 1960s and the Nazis have won WWII and now rule the world. They decide the nursing home your in needs to be shut down, and start killing people. You escape, and realize how wrong the world has become. You end up freeing some war criminals to help you and start up a resistance to take down the Nazi Regime.

One scene in particular really stood out to me: You get done freeing some your resistance fighters from this giant Nazi concentration camp. Just as you go out the front to freedom, the Nazi army stand in front of your exit, ready to stop you. They have this giant robot. Well, one of the prisoners you just freed is an expert hacker. He hacks into the robot, and you gain control of it. The robot smashing the Nazi woman's face that's in charge of the prison. As all hell breaks loose and gunfire is going off around you and people are running around; the Nazi woman crawls towards you and climbs up you. Her face is the camera now, and it's all mangled, with a broken jaw, and missing teeth; just looking all gnarly. She's spitting out at you how you and your vermin comrades will never make it out alive. It was really cool looking, like a scene from a horror movie.

I have this on PS4 after getting it at Target for like $11 new earlier this year. I haven't opened it yet, I don't like scary stuff but is that scene as scary as it gets? I saw the scene on YouTube before when searching for the scariest moments in the game lol.

Sidenote: I also bought The Evil Within new for about the same price at Target. I have no idea why because I know for a fact I'm too much of a wimp to play it.

kashell

« Reply #2300 on: December 02, 2015, 09:48:33 am »
I started Final Fantasy Type-0 last night. I'm guessing that this is supposed to be the "edgy" FF because it's rated M.

The beginning is so bloody and sad  :'(

I couldn't play much more than an hour of it - just wasn't feeling it, and the tutorial wasn't sticking for me. I'll have to give it another shot one day.

Yeah, the amount of blood in it is shocking for a Final Fantasy title. It feels more like Parasite Eve.

The introduction and the opening tutorials are relatively weak, but I have to say things are getting better and I'm only in the middle of chapter 2. I think you'll enjoy it more once you find a character to control that fits your play style. You can use him/her in the arena and get a feel for them at no risk of losing anything.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2301 on: December 02, 2015, 11:59:32 am »

I'm loving it!

I have this on PS4 after getting it at Target for like $11 new earlier this year. I haven't opened it yet, I don't like scary stuff but is that scene as scary as it gets? I saw the scene on YouTube before when searching for the scariest moments in the game lol.

Sidenote: I also bought The Evil Within new for about the same price at Target. I have no idea why because I know for a fact I'm too much of a wimp to play it.

It's not a scary game. But it does have intense action.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2302 on: December 02, 2015, 12:00:25 pm »

I saw you added it to your list on my feed, you won't be disappointed if you enjoy FPSes!

telly

« Reply #2303 on: December 02, 2015, 02:36:39 pm »
I'm still playing Metroid Prime and MMX4. I just keep dying in the phazon mines before I get to the mid-level save point so I haven't made much progress lately.
For MMX4 I'm at the final boss fight as X. Haven't put in enough time to figure out how to beat all of the bosses at the end.
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

kashell

« Reply #2304 on: December 02, 2015, 03:04:21 pm »
I'm still playing Metroid Prime and MMX4. I just keep dying in the phazon mines before I get to the mid-level save point so I haven't made much progress lately.
For MMX4 I'm at the final boss fight as X. Haven't put in enough time to figure out how to beat all of the bosses at the end.

I know a thing or two about that and could offer some assistance. ^.~

Just sayin'

telly

« Reply #2305 on: December 02, 2015, 03:14:41 pm »
Hahah record one of your many speed runs for me!  :)

I can beat the first one without taking any damage, but the second boss is really hard and by the time I get to the third boss I don't have enough energy left. I need to stock up my e-tank and just go for one big run, I guess.

Or I just need to be MLG
Currently Playing:

kashell

« Reply #2306 on: December 02, 2015, 03:36:46 pm »
For his second form, he's weak to Web Spider's weapon.

He starts the battle by throwing his scythe in a circular pattern in front of him. You can hop on a wall to avoid that. Then, he'll throw it at you. If it lands on the ground, it'll generate lightning on the ground in both directions. Furthermore, he'll send homing missiles at you. Therefore, try to have the scythe land on the wall. This will generate electricity vertically on the wall, but you should have enough time to wall-kick and dash off the wall and get behind him. He'll be shooting lasers from his eyes and be completely vulnerable.

Rinse and repeat. I'm confident you can do it. ^^

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2307 on: December 02, 2015, 03:39:35 pm »

Metroid Prime is such a fantastic game. The atmosphere and environments are amazing. That snow area is astounding.

telly

« Reply #2308 on: December 02, 2015, 09:22:42 pm »
Metroid Prime is such a fantastic game. The atmosphere and environments are amazing. That snow area is astounding.

Mhm, I'm really enjoying it too. The atmosphere in the mines has been my personal favorite along with the snow level, and it's just really fun and satisfying to play. I like scanning everything to find more information about the story and setting too.

He starts the battle by throwing his scythe in a circular pattern in front of him. You can hop on a wall to avoid that. Then, he'll throw it at you. If it lands on the ground, it'll generate lightning on the ground in both directions. Furthermore, he'll send homing missiles at you. Therefore, try to have the scythe land on the wall. This will generate electricity vertically on the wall, but you should have enough time to wall-kick and dash off the wall and get behind him. He'll be shooting lasers from his eyes and be completely vulnerable.

I didn't think of trying to get the scythe land on the wall! That attack was always the part where I took a lot of damage. I'll definitely try that next time, thanks man!
Currently Playing:

maximo310

« Reply #2309 on: December 02, 2015, 10:51:29 pm »

I didn't think of trying to get the scythe land on the wall! That attack was always the part where I took a lot of damage. I'll definitely try that next time, thanks man!
Yeah Sigma's 2 form has a fixed pattern, so if you can avoid the scythe and laser attacks, you should be able to get through that part without too much trouble. You'll need your hp for the third form anyways, since he has two different life bars for that one.