Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 513327 times)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #2625 on: May 24, 2016, 07:50:36 pm »
Getting ready to start up Wild Arms 3 on PS4.
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

gf78

« Reply #2626 on: May 26, 2016, 10:09:17 am »
Started playing Uncharted 4 last night.  So, so good.  I just started chapter 4.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

abe

« Reply #2627 on: May 28, 2016, 09:21:09 pm »
Started Valkyria Chronicles Remastered (PS4) yesterday and it's pretty great. :) It started off a tad slow in the first couple introductory chapters, but I'm really enjoying it now. It's pretty unique, even all these years after the game's original release on the PS3.

I'm also trying to decide what to play next for a handheld game. I'm thinking maybe I'll start Stella Glow (3DS). I've had it since launch and was looking forward to playing it, but for whatever reason I still haven't even opened it yet. Or perhaps I might restart Tales of Hearts R, since my Vita hasn't gotten much love lately. Decisions, decisions. :(
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

kashell

« Reply #2628 on: May 31, 2016, 10:06:04 am »
With Onimusha: Warlords finished, it only made sense to start up Onimusha 2: Samurai's Destiny.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2629 on: June 05, 2016, 12:28:31 pm »

I got the itch for some old-school Resident Evil. So I decided to give this one another go. It's a been a long time since I've played this entry. I remember the gist of the story, but it's been long enough that I'm reliving the details again for the first time.

And man have I been spoiled by modern graphics. I remember this game being one of the most impressive PS1 games. The characters models are so bad, their appendages just kind of run through each other constantly.

Still, a very fun game. While not as story-heavy as RE2, it is one of the more intense entries in the series with the sudden Nemesis battles. RE2 and 3 really do need the remake treatment.

I'm going to try to give RE: Survivor another chance after this.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2016, 12:48:06 pm by burningdoom »

azure

« Reply #2630 on: June 05, 2016, 12:48:31 pm »

I got the itch for some old-school Resident Evil. So I decided to give this one another go. It's a been a long time since I've played this entry. I remember the gist of the story, but it's been long enough that reliving the details again for the first time.

And man have I been spoiled by modern graphics. I remember this game being one of the most impressive PS1 games. The characters models are so bad, their appendages just kind of run through each other constantly.

Still, a very fun game. While not as story-heavy as RE2, it is one of the more intense entries in the series with the sudden Nemesis battles. RE2 and 3 really do need the remake treatment.

I'm going to try to give RE: Survivor another chance after this.
RE: Survivor really isn't that bad in my opinion if you just play it for laughs. It isn't any better with light gun support though, like some people will tell you. I played it at a friends place who has the European copy and such.

kashell

« Reply #2631 on: June 07, 2016, 09:03:18 am »
During my little break, I've been playing Lufia: The Legend Returns and Akiba's Trip (vita version). Lufia is...taking its time. I'm wondering if the series stopped being exciting after Rise of the Sinistrals. Akiba's Trip is fun, but the combat is kind of annoying. It's just not as responsive as I would like it to be. Still, it's a clever game.

doafan

« Reply #2632 on: June 07, 2016, 12:59:35 pm »
While not as story-heavy as RE2, it is one of the more intense entries in the series with the sudden Nemesis battles. RE2 and 3 really do need the remake treatment.

In fact this game it was supposed to be an spin-off of the series that's why the story is not as heavy as Resident Evil 2, Code Veronica was supposed to be the third entry of the franchise, as far I remember right now they had to put Nemesis as the third one because of  the agreement between Capcom and Sony where they had to release three games to the console  ;)

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2633 on: June 07, 2016, 03:40:11 pm »
^ I had no idea.

telly

« Reply #2634 on: June 09, 2016, 03:03:54 pm »
I have a dilemma: I'm approaching the end of DQVIII, and I'm torn between what I want to play for my next RPG.

What do you guys think? Golden Sun on the GBA (Played via GameCube) or Tales of Symphonia Chronicles for PS3? (Need to but it still)
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

kashell

« Reply #2635 on: June 09, 2016, 03:27:10 pm »
I have a dilemma: I'm approaching the end of DQVIII, and I'm torn between what I want to play for my next RPG.

What do you guys think? Golden Sun on the GBA (Played via GameCube) or Tales of Symphonia Chronicles for PS3? (Need to but it still)

I'll always for a Tales game, and Tales of Symphonia is a great choice. It's such a memorable and fantastic RPG.

Golden Sun is just so generic. I think much of its love comes from the fact that it was literally the only RPG available at the time for the GBA. I thought it was fine back when I first played it when it was first released. Nowadays, I doubt I could stomach it. The characters are beyond cookie cutter, the story is dry, and the combat is really easy. The 15 hour game time is also far too short, but this is coming from someone who hasn't played Lost Age.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 04:00:26 pm by kashell »

maximo310

« Reply #2636 on: June 09, 2016, 03:33:36 pm »

Golden Sun is a very good choice. Symphonia is great as well, but that PS3 HD port doesn't run very well compared to the GC or Steam versions.

shepard11

« Reply #2637 on: June 09, 2016, 03:44:03 pm »
I've been playing Rocket League and Super Meat Boy on Xboxone today. Really enjoying Rocket League. And Super Meat Boy is so frickin hard. I enjoy it but it does make me swear quite a bit (in turn my wife laughs the whole time).

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2638 on: June 09, 2016, 03:45:55 pm »

Golden Sun is a great game. It mixes the gameplay of a traditional JRPG with the puzzle-solving of a Zelda game. And it has a great story.

But you really need to play it back-to-back with the 2nd Golden Sun game as it's a continuing story. So you'll need to have a lot of time ahead of you.

telly

« Reply #2639 on: June 09, 2016, 03:59:55 pm »
I guess I could always get Symphonia on the actual Gamecube, but it's just cheaper on the PS3. I didn't know about the slow down though! I've played it before and I don't remember any problems personally.

Also, how long is Golden Sun?
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery