Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 515037 times)

kashell

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #2985 on: January 30, 2017, 08:23:16 am »
I started Tales of Berseria yesterday after reading through both the bonus novel and the instruction manual. I think the more I play, the more I'll warm up to it. The combat system appears to be fun, but there aren't many enemies to fight. I'm only an hour or so in, but after wandering through a giant prison I only got into a few fights. I'm trying to acclimated to the new combat system but there aren't any enemies for this.

The story is wonderful so far. I think this is the first Tales that has a story of revenge. Velvet is fierce AF and she's out for blood. Her life has been brutal so far; it's really easy to cheer her on.

I'm hoping I can get through all of this tutorial stuff so I can finally enter a legit dungeon and start experimenting with new combos and get a more firm grasp on the combat system.

telly

« Reply #2986 on: January 30, 2017, 09:41:14 am »
I was playing Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, but I decided to place that aside for a bit and have now been playing Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds instead. This game is a lot of fun! I love the wall flipping mechanic; it totally changes how you approach dungeons and puzzles.
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

desocietas

« Reply #2987 on: January 30, 2017, 05:17:08 pm »
Just started the game yesterday and found myself playing for about seven hours. I think with the story cutscenes, it feels like a break  ;D
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

abe

« Reply #2988 on: January 31, 2017, 09:19:46 pm »
Playing lots of good stuff right now.

The WiiU version of the original Bayonetta is fantastic. Loads of fun so far, with just the right amount of challenge to make it satisfying to progress through.

Still playing through Dragon Quest VIII on the 3DS. It is fantastic, and a pretty impressive port of a PS2 game. I can see myself sinking many hours into this one.

Got back into playing Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones and it is so good I can't really remember why I had stopped playing it for a bit. The GBA Fire Emblem titles are some of my favorites. The music is great, the sprite art is great, the story is pretty good, and most importantly it's a lot of fun. :D

Last but not least, Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer on the 3DS. It's a lot of fun if you like the interior design bit of Animal Crossing, though I realize now that I'm not very good at it. :P
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

maximo310

« Reply #2989 on: February 01, 2017, 12:34:16 am »
I've been playing/streaming a replay of Bahamut Lagoon for the SFC recently; got up to Chapter 6 the other day.

Also playing Raiden I (ARC) and trying to 1cc it although it's kicking my ass hard. Thankfully, I've got a friend who basically an expert at the series to help out;she's quite the superplayer.

shepard11

« Reply #2990 on: February 01, 2017, 11:48:31 pm »
Friend of mine cleaned out his Xbox 360 collection the other day, Gamestop didn't want to give him anything for it so he gave them to me. So I'm finally playing Mass Effect for the first time. It's kinda nice to have the cloud save between my systems so I can play it in any room in my house. The only bad thing about it makes me want to play KOTOR again.

« Reply #2991 on: February 02, 2017, 06:01:43 am »
Friend of mine cleaned out his Xbox 360 collection the other day, Gamestop didn't want to give him anything for it so he gave them to me. So I'm finally playing Mass Effect for the first time. It's kinda nice to have the cloud save between my systems so I can play it in any room in my house. The only bad thing about it makes me want to play KOTOR again.

I couldn't play the first game, as I thought it played really poorly.  I got into ME2 though when they made it a proper third person shooter.

kevininja

« Reply #2992 on: February 02, 2017, 05:00:13 pm »
Took a little break from Yakuza 0 and been playing Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen a lot. Planning on beating a few smaller games I have sitting around on Steam in the weekend.

« Reply #2993 on: February 04, 2017, 06:48:28 pm »
RE7 game is scary as hell.

« Reply #2994 on: February 04, 2017, 08:04:00 pm »
Currently playing Saints Row the Third on ps3, Watch Dogs on Xbox one and Donkey Kong Country 2 on the SNES =)

kashell

« Reply #2995 on: February 06, 2017, 01:46:23 pm »
For my next portable game, I decided to go with Persona 2: Innocent Sin. I'm only 30 minutes in so far, but I have to say the loading times are already starting to ware on me. I hope I can get over those.

desocietas

« Reply #2996 on: February 06, 2017, 01:49:09 pm »
For my next portable game, I decided to go with Persona 2: Innocent Sin. I'm only 30 minutes in so far, but I have to say the loading times are already starting to ware on me. I hope I can get over those.

PSP loading times.... zzzzz I know that pain.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

telly

« Reply #2997 on: February 06, 2017, 02:12:54 pm »
In addition to the games I've been playing single player, since we try to play gaunlet co-op and sometimes her other friend can't make it, we decided to play RE5 co-op too.

I'm also trying Pokemon Platinum again, I've tried it a few times but just couldn't get into the game.
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

kevininja

« Reply #2998 on: February 06, 2017, 02:24:32 pm »
Been playing Mass Effect 2 after beating Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen. Got it through Origin's On the House and just thought "fuck it" and started playing it without any prior knowledge of the series. It's very good so far!
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 02:46:33 pm by kevininja »

kashell

« Reply #2999 on: February 07, 2017, 08:17:29 am »

PSP loading times.... zzzzz I know that pain.

Yeah, they're not fun. Unfortunately, that's one of the problems with the system. For some games, I'm able to overlook it.

And after about two to three hours in I don't think I can do it. The story is already fantastic, but everything else about it hasn't aged well at all.

Back to SMT IV!