Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 514964 times)

doctorlaudanum

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #3360 on: August 31, 2017, 10:18:37 am »
So I finished Shadow of Mordor, and yikes, that ending. I heard it was bad, but I never expected a half-assed cutscene for a final boss and one of the most insultingly transparent sequel hooks I've ever seen. The story and characters never really did much to catch my attention in the first place, but that final sequence felt especially rushed. I think Celebrimbor was the only character I actively liked, and I'm pretty sure 90% of that was his voice actor. Not even Troy Baker could make Talion interesting for me. Really hoping Shadow of War makes up for it because I was having a ton of fun with the gameplay.
Always looking to buy Drakengard, Nier, and Siren collector's items.

kevininja

« Reply #3361 on: August 31, 2017, 12:50:10 pm »
So I finished Shadow of Mordor, and yikes, that ending. I heard it was bad, but I never expected a half-assed cutscene for a final boss and one of the most insultingly transparent sequel hooks I've ever seen. The story and characters never really did much to catch my attention in the first place, but that final sequence felt especially rushed. I think Celebrimbor was the only character I actively liked, and I'm pretty sure 90% of that was his voice actor. Not even Troy Baker could make Talion interesting for me. Really hoping Shadow of War makes up for it because I was having a ton of fun with the gameplay.

Haha yeah, I had no expectations back when I played it and when the cutscene ended I was like "that's it?". That was pretty damn terrible  :o

« Reply #3362 on: September 01, 2017, 12:40:40 am »
Screw you, Titanic Monarch Zone in Sonic Mania! Oil Ocean Zone almost got me to the point of dropping the game, but I beat it and now I'm at another where I'm so annoyed at the games design.  I'm really trying to tough this all out, just to beat the game, but man, I'm getting close to saying screw it lol This is such a love-hate relationship, as I think Sonic's gameplay sucks most of the time, but everything else about the game I just love.  Oh, tiny shrunk Sonic, so cute! Oh, frustrating boss and they give me only a couple rings and so much is hard to dodge, this will make me hate everything.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3363 on: September 01, 2017, 01:51:26 am »
Last time I played it I got stuck on Oil Ocean Zone, too. 2 game overs, this first one having a lot of lives.

But since then I've been absorbed into Dishonored. Might be a while before I give Sonic Mania the proper attentions since I just got a Retron 5 and Metroid: Return of Samus is around to the corner, too.

« Reply #3364 on: September 01, 2017, 02:06:23 am »
Last time I played it I got stuck on Oil Ocean Zone, too. 2 game overs, this first one having a lot of lives.

But since then I've been absorbed into Dishonored. Might be a while before I give Sonic Mania the proper attentions since I just got a Retron 5 and Metroid: Return of Samus is around to the corner, too.

I got gameover'd at least a half dozen times on Oil Ocean, maybe more.  I already don't love playing Sonic, so to play the same levels over and over again drives me nuts and Titanic Monarch has some very frustrating sections that lead to a very annoying boss fight.  I actually beat the first Act of the zone with less than 30 seconds left on the timer lol

kashell

« Reply #3365 on: September 01, 2017, 08:13:20 am »
Mega Man 8 might end up becoming my new favorite (non-X) Mega Man. I think one of the things that I enjoy so much about it is that it captures a time when I was big into anime. The music and graphics (and the cut-scenes, of course) kind of take me back to that time.

Also, hearing Frost Man go, "I'll make a popsicle of you!" made me laugh.

« Reply #3366 on: September 01, 2017, 09:49:18 am »
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 03:29:24 pm by jce3000gt »

doctorlaudanum

« Reply #3367 on: September 01, 2017, 04:18:03 pm »
Night Trap is a treasure and I'm glad to have finally been able to play it. I'm really impressed by the remaster so far. Lots of unlockable goodies and some surprisingly high-quality FMVs, considering they were recorded in the '80s. I've always had a soft spot for FMV games, and this one is just the right amount of cheesy. I've spent more time screwing around with the videos than I have actually playing the game.
Always looking to buy Drakengard, Nier, and Siren collector's items.

azure

« Reply #3368 on: September 01, 2017, 08:28:49 pm »
Mega Man 8 might end up becoming my new favorite (non-X) Mega Man. I think one of the things that I enjoy so much about it is that it captures a time when I was big into anime. The music and graphics (and the cut-scenes, of course) kind of take me back to that time.

Also, hearing Frost Man go, "I'll make a popsicle of you!" made me laugh.
I feel the exact same way about the capture time deal. Also you're giving me Clown Man flashbacks, that voice haunts me  :P

« Reply #3369 on: September 01, 2017, 11:53:13 pm »
right now i'm like halfway through my first playthrough of Resident Evil 4, working on Sonic Mania, and i think halfway though Castlevania 3

« Reply #3370 on: September 02, 2017, 12:10:06 am »
Yeah I'm done trying to play Mega Man 9.  This game isn't fun.  I don't care if it's based off of MM2, which is considered the best one, I personally don't like MM2 much as I think the series got better later on, especially once there was the dash and charge shot.  Probably will skip MM10 also unless it turns out to be more improved as I heard it has multiple playable characters.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3371 on: September 02, 2017, 02:19:31 am »
Mega Man 9 is hard as hell. Mega Man 2 is actually a manageable game.

« Reply #3372 on: September 02, 2017, 04:45:54 am »
Mega Man 9 is hard as hell. Mega Man 2 is actually a manageable game.

I haven't found it exactly harder, I think I'm just burnt out on the old NES Mega Man games after playing 1 through 7 last year, and to return to what I consider the worst stuff for Mega Man, which is like Mega Man 1 to 3, it just tears at my soul too much with every game over lol

« Reply #3373 on: September 02, 2017, 10:29:18 pm »
Just bought and playing the Yakuza remake and Wonderboy The Dragon Trap for PS4, also playing Lunar 2 on PSX, 15hrs into it.

Retro ARCADE games news, review and gameplay Youtube channel.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrltRbkb_z9yUZvypUdWo8A

Twitter; https://twitter.com/NGCDManiac

« Reply #3374 on: September 05, 2017, 04:24:45 am »
I adore online puzzle games . I like solving different kinds of riddles and mysteries. Currently I am playing Rail Rush Worlds. + such games are the best way to escape from everyday routine.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 06:09:50 am by muntyjack »