Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 515998 times)

turf

PRO Supporter

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #3375 on: September 05, 2017, 09:30:11 am »
Mega Man 9 is hard as hell. Mega Man 2 is actually a manageable game.

I haven't found it exactly harder, I think I'm just burnt out on the old NES Mega Man games after playing 1 through 7 last year, and to return to what I consider the worst stuff for Mega Man, which is like Mega Man 1 to 3, it just tears at my soul too much with every game over lol

I really liked MM9.  I'm playing MM7 right now.  I'm dangerously close to saying "Eff this game".  Wily's stages are stupid hard.  I just don't have the patience to learn every step.

desocietas

« Reply #3376 on: September 05, 2017, 11:19:59 am »
Playing Hot Sh- I mean, Everybody's Golf off and on. It's a super chill game to pick up and run around on the online course and just play a hole or two if you have the time. Online play worked well for me with friends. Only gripe is that local multiplayer works but is pretty limited in the fact that I can't pull my character/data from my save file into my bf's local multiplayer game, even when I sign in. So if I ever wanted to play my leveled up character against his, we'd need another PS4 and would have to play an online match  ???
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

telly

« Reply #3377 on: September 06, 2017, 11:00:02 am »
I've been playing a lot of Monster Hunter 3: Ultimate. It's my first monster hunter game, so it's been tough to get into, but I'm enjoying it a lot more now. I'm trying to play it without using a walkthrough at all, so we'll see how that goes.

Also playing Shantae: Half Genie Hero. This game is so much fun. Really enjoying it.
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

azure

« Reply #3378 on: September 06, 2017, 12:54:07 pm »
I've been playing a lot of Monster Hunter 3: Ultimate. It's my first monster hunter game, so it's been tough to get into, but I'm enjoying it a lot more now. I'm trying to play it without using a walkthrough at all, so we'll see how that goes.

Also playing Shantae: Half Genie Hero. This game is so much fun. Really enjoying it.

Do you plan on getting into the online hunts Telly? I played a lot of 3U back in the day and it still has a dedicated community online.

telly

« Reply #3379 on: September 06, 2017, 12:59:07 pm »

Do you plan on getting into the online hunts Telly? I played a lot of 3U back in the day and it still has a dedicated community online.

Oh it does? I didn't know that! I figured it wouldn't be very active since the game was older, but I might give it a shot if there's still people playing! I think it would be really fun to play with friends online :)
Currently Playing:

azure

« Reply #3380 on: September 06, 2017, 01:14:32 pm »

Oh it does? I didn't know that! I figured it wouldn't be very active since the game was older, but I might give it a shot if there's still people playing! I think it would be really fun to play with friends online :)

The multiplayer is where MH really shines, but it is a time sink if you get into it. It is a good idea to get pretty far in the singleplayer portion of the game first so you can get your bearings. If you end up going online feel free to message me, I'd like to get in a few hunts at least.

telly

« Reply #3381 on: September 06, 2017, 02:56:10 pm »
Yeah for sure! I'm not sure how many hours I have in yet, but I've only done the 2 star rank quests so I probably need more time with the game
Currently Playing:

desocietas

« Reply #3382 on: September 06, 2017, 03:07:10 pm »

It's a surprisingly robust community, even with the older titles. If you're ever trying to find open groups, Twitch has a lot of MH fans. I learned about the game through Twitch - had no idea that people loved the series so much.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

shepard11

« Reply #3383 on: September 06, 2017, 03:20:23 pm »
Right now I'm playing Mega Man 8 (thru the MM Legacy Collection Vol 2) I remember why I haven't played this game in almost 15 years. Frost Man stage almost broke me last night. Stupid snowboarding parts. Then my wife ended up getting me Destiny 2 as a surprise house warming gift last night. But I only got to play about 2 hours into that game last night.

kashell

« Reply #3384 on: September 08, 2017, 08:04:10 am »
I decided to start Utawarerumono: Mask of Truth. It was nice of Aqua Plus/Sting to allow some stuff to get transferred from Mask of Deception.

doctorlaudanum

« Reply #3385 on: September 09, 2017, 01:53:21 pm »
Enjoying what little I've played of Yakuza Kiwami. I think I've spent half my playtime just running around finding keys and weaponizing motorcycles. I've been meaning to try the series out for a while, but the prices for the original PS2 games were a little intimidating.
Always looking to buy Drakengard, Nier, and Siren collector's items.

« Reply #3386 on: September 11, 2017, 06:54:22 pm »
I just wanted to recommend NBA Playgrounds for anyone who is a fan of arcade basketball games (NBA JAM, NBA STREET)  It's truly a very fun game for the switch and i'm sure it's fun for PS4 and XB1 too.  :).    It takes classic nostalgia and wraps it with a nice modern astetic with some cool power ups and of course new school and old school additions Like Lebron.  :D.   For 19.99 I'd definitely say it's an awesome deal.

« Reply #3387 on: September 13, 2017, 08:57:05 am »
I've been eyeballing it for a while... so I went and bought Quantum Break for X1.  Going to play that... after that I might go play the Nier games.

kashell

« Reply #3388 on: September 13, 2017, 12:34:37 pm »
Finally started Ys VIII yesterday. It's about what I expected, which is fine. It's a damn good game so far.

« Reply #3389 on: September 14, 2017, 12:34:23 am »
Played some of the free demo time for Dead by Daylight on PC and while the game isn't bad, it mostly makes me wish this quality was put into the Friday the 13th game.  Friday the 13th seems to be a broken mess still from recent Xbox One gameplay I've seen, but there's a lot of variety to the gameplay, even allowing for having some slight weapon use and survivors have multiple things to try and accomplish and more players overall.  Dead by Daylight seems real well polished, but playing it, the game seems very one note.  The only thing there is to do is fix generators and as a survivor, that's kinda dull I think.  Can be tense, but I can't say I'd enjoy that gameplay loop for them.  On the other hand, playing as the killer is great.  I played as the Huntress, who can throw hatchets and I really liked that setup.  I'm sure there's more variety that shows up the longer you play and the more abilities you earn, but that's putting in hours to get that.  I might just stick with playing the Killers for awhile, see how that goes.  Really wish I had Michael Myers unlocked lol