Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 514872 times)

kashell

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #3450 on: October 10, 2017, 12:19:51 pm »
Replaying Star Ocean: The Second Story on PS1, after acquiring a copy of it - I remembered loving it way back when I had it the first time, so have to give it another run through. I've also started on Deadly Premonition on the 360, feeling it'll fit well into the month. After I finish that, it'll be either Alien Isolation or a replay of Eternal Darkness.

I'm also slowly working my way through Burnout Revenge on the Xbox 360 and Thumper on the Xbox One for purposes of setting new records on Twin Galaxies. Just a couple more Traffic Attack events to go to have the record for all of them.

Star Ocean: The Second Story is great. I found a copy of it (and the guide) over the weekend. It'll be a while before I replay it (played it once back in the day as Claude and played the PSP remake as Rena) but I'm really excited to start a new game with Rena. Who did you start with?

gibgirl

« Reply #3451 on: October 10, 2017, 12:32:59 pm »
Star Ocean: The Second Story is great. I found a copy of it (and the guide) over the weekend. It'll be a while before I replay it (played it once back in the day as Claude and played the PSP remake as Rena) but I'm really excited to start a new game with Rena. Who did you start with?

Playing as Rena... which I think was who I played as back when I first had the game. I am trying to avoid doing too much with the guide though, letting things just fall where they may this time through. I'll save using the guide for a future playthrough. I think I might actually want to play through once as Claude, and maybe even finally get Opera in the party.

desocietas

« Reply #3452 on: October 10, 2017, 01:18:29 pm »

Playing as Rena... which I think was who I played as back when I first had the game. I am trying to avoid doing too much with the guide though, letting things just fall where they may this time through. I'll save using the guide for a future playthrough. I think I might actually want to play through once as Claude, and maybe even finally get Opera in the party.

SO:TSS is one of my favorite RPGs though I don't think I ever finished the game (I've finished only a small handful of games, honestly). I have the PSP versions of SO1 and 2 (in addition to the PS1 version of TSS) - thoughts on if the first one should be played first prior to going back to the second one?
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

kashell

« Reply #3453 on: October 10, 2017, 02:42:51 pm »

Rena gets Dias, so that's a win. I would definitely recommend getting Opera in the party. Ernest was fun, too. The problem with both of them is that they require a lot of backtracking and have narrow windows of recruitment. This especially applies to Ernest.

If you do get Opera, she has the potential to out heal both Rena and Noel combined.

SO:TSS is one of my favorite RPGs though I don't think I ever finished the game (I've finished only a small handful of games, honestly). I have the PSP versions of SO1 and 2 (in addition to the PS1 version of TSS) - thoughts on if the first one should be played first prior to going back to the second one?

Since you have First Departure, then I definitely recommend going through that one before getting back into Second Story or Second Evolution. First Departure introduces Ronixis. He has a major role in First Departure. I think seeing him again in Second Evolution or Second Story will have more impact.

shfan

« Reply #3454 on: October 10, 2017, 03:23:19 pm »
I'm well into Resident Evil Revelations on the PS4 currently, I've also fired up Vagrant Story again after a break of... well it must be well over a decade, definitely finding it easier to make progress this time. Loving both of these titles, hope they make a Revelations 3 :D

kashell

« Reply #3455 on: October 10, 2017, 04:16:03 pm »
First folks are talking about Star Ocean: The Second Story and now we have someone playing Vagrant Story! Man, this topic is so full of awesomeness right now!! Vagrant Story is so damn great.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3456 on: October 10, 2017, 04:30:37 pm »
I'm well into Resident Evil Revelations on the PS4 currently, I've also fired up Vagrant Story again after a break of... well it must be well over a decade, definitely finding it easier to make progress this time. Loving both of these titles, hope they make a Revelations 3 :D

Good game. I thought Revelations 2 was even better. It felt more like old-school RE.

kashell

« Reply #3457 on: October 11, 2017, 08:23:21 am »
Disc 2 of Xenogears!! Now, do I continue on or start Blue Reflection...?

azure

« Reply #3458 on: October 11, 2017, 10:14:34 am »
Playing Metal Gear: Solid Peace Walker, going back to get the 100%. The HD collection came out after I had pretty much done everything on the PSP original (Code names and everything), so I wasn't up to complete it again so quickly. Luckily there is not a requirement for all of the code names, so it won't be that long of an endeavor. Still a blast and I never get tired of the A.I. Pod(s) singing, if you want to call it that  :P

« Reply #3459 on: October 11, 2017, 07:06:07 pm »
Breath of Fire 3 FTW!

kashell

« Reply #3460 on: October 12, 2017, 08:06:30 am »
This topic is too much!!

Star Ocean: The Second Story, Vagrant Story and now Breath of Fire III?!?!?! Awesome RPG overload.

*composes self*

Ahem. Anyways! I decided to alternate between Xenogears and Blue Reflection. Disc 2 of Xenogears is a slog for a good chunk of it. Going back and forth between reading tons of text to playing a game that has more balance should be a good routine.

I'm still playing Dungeon Travelers 2 on the Vita. Good. God. Damn. This game is so difficult.

shfan

« Reply #3461 on: October 12, 2017, 12:33:02 pm »
Good game. I thought Revelations 2 was even better. It felt more like old-school RE.

This was the first time I got through Revelations, only got 1/3 of the way through on the Wii U version, Revelations 2 I ended up beating months ago, agree with you it's got a classic survival-horror vibe (so much so I'd love to play it again soon) :D It's a real gem, hope to goodness there's a Revelations 3.

Awesome RPG overload.

I'm still playing Dungeon Travelers 2 on the Vita. Good. God. Damn. This game is so difficult.

Not only is Vagrant Story proving a treat (only got so far back in the day, so long ago I barely remember it), but I'm running it through the backwards-compatible PS3 which arrived recently, and Christ do PS1 games look incredible on a flatscreen through HDMI, Vagrant Story's sort of pencil-shaded detail looks amazing without the layer of fuzz brought into being by the PS1's crappy TV cable.

I'm also playing Dungeon Travelers 2, weirdly enough, and it is definitely a pain in the backside. Constant levelling, equipment upgrading and rock-hard bosses  ::)

kashell

« Reply #3462 on: October 12, 2017, 03:36:26 pm »
Not only is Vagrant Story proving a treat (only got so far back in the day, so long ago I barely remember it), but I'm running it through the backwards-compatible PS3 which arrived recently, and Christ do PS1 games look incredible on a flatscreen through HDMI, Vagrant Story's sort of pencil-shaded detail looks amazing without the layer of fuzz brought into being by the PS1's crappy TV cable.

I'm also playing Dungeon Travelers 2, weirdly enough, and it is definitely a pain in the backside. Constant levelling, equipment upgrading and rock-hard bosses  ::)

Awesome! That's basically how my experience with Vagrant Story was. I played it back in the days when the PlayStation was current and didn't get very far. Then, I replayed it on the PS3 and it was magnificent.

I'm on chapter 7 of Dungeon Travelers 2. I'm using a Dark Lord, a Valkyrie, a Witch, an Etoile and, pretty soon, a Bishop. How about you?

shepard11

« Reply #3463 on: October 12, 2017, 04:48:32 pm »
Got my Wii U a few weeks back. Start playing BotW and I can honestly I kinda hated it at first I felt it was really hard to get into. But once I beat that first area now I can't put the thing down and that's saying something since my clan is heavily in playing Destiny 2.

« Reply #3464 on: October 12, 2017, 04:50:51 pm »
Got my Wii U a few weeks back. Start playing BotW and I can honestly I kinda hated it at first I felt it was really hard to get into. But once I beat that first area now I can't put the thing down and that's saying something since my clan is heavily in playing Destiny 2.
I've been considering replaying BotW on the Wii U just to see how much or little different it is from the Switch version.