Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 514992 times)

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #3495 on: October 26, 2017, 02:21:02 am »
I'm finding myself getting too bored with Persona 5.  I had the same feeling earlier on before the second palace and now I'm getting bored in the lead up to the third.  I kinda just don't like anything in between the palaces.  It's tedious and repetitive.  It's aspects of JRPG design that I'm just not finding myself enjoying too much.  I can get lost in an open world setting for hours, but the daily routines, linear progression, the limited interactions, it's killing my drive.  There's a lot I like, such as the characters, the stylish visuals, the wonderful music, and the gameplay is fine in the Palace, but the whole time out of the Palace just feels like it drags.

I think I'm gonna just have to drop it and move on, especially when this is a ridiculously long game.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3496 on: October 30, 2017, 01:03:01 am »
Downloaded the 30 minute demo of ReCore Definitive Edition.

It’s an Xbox One/PC exclusive.

Liked it a lot.

Bought the game in physical off of Amazon for $20.

Was very happy to learn my progress in the demo carries over seamlessly into the retail game. In fact the demo download and updates made it so when I first popped the disc in it didn’t need to install anything.

That’s pretty neat.
Part of me wants to hold off on playing the game too much before my Scorpio unit arrives. It’s natice 4k with HDR on that.

But the game is so good I couldn’t wait. :)

It’s by the creators of Mega Man and Metroid Prime and it’s kinda like both those games had a baby.

And the baby is beautiful. :)

« Reply #3497 on: November 01, 2017, 01:13:55 am »
I'm primarily playing Metal Gear Solid 5 at the moment still, after restarting I'm right about where I stopped playing before. Unfortunately I also just got my Switch along with Zelda so, I'm tentatively trying to decide how I want to tackle this change in circumstances. I'm probably going to stick with Metal Gear for now and hold off on really diving into Zelda though I've poked around a bit in it already. Problem is I've spent pretty much all of my free time playing Picross on Switch, my first Picross game, incredibly addictive.

On pc I also started playing Divinity Original Sin 2 a bit, took me all month to get it finally downloaded and now I'm not sure if I can dedicate the time to it with these other two mammoth games waiting on me. Time is definitely in demand for me work wise not just with games and these large games sure aren't helping.

Also have Destiny 2 to download for pc, that will also throw a major wrench into my game time allotment.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 01:21:50 am by hawk767 »

« Reply #3498 on: November 01, 2017, 09:27:33 am »
I started Assassin's Creed: Origins last night.  I can't possibly be the only person out here who absolutely cannot stand the stupid crosshair based menu system.  It serves no purpose other than to be obtrusive.

I'm starting this game off disappointed.

« Reply #3499 on: November 01, 2017, 10:43:03 pm »
I started Assassin's Creed: Origins last night.  I can't possibly be the only person out here who absolutely cannot stand the stupid crosshair based menu system.  It serves no purpose other than to be obtrusive.

I'm starting this game off disappointed.

It's such a weird inclusion.  It's like they wanted a PC based menu, but forgot that people use controllers on console, so it just feels sluggish. 

I rented it myself today, played for abit and the game itself is alright.  It's got a confusing start, but the gameplay is fine and generally it's just an AC game.  Setting is alright too, but even having not played an AC game since Black Flag, it doesn't feel much different than previous ones other than the frequent weapon drops.  Not sure if I'll keep playing this, mostly because I think I have abit of fatigue for this type of game after playing Rise of the Tomb Raider, Horizon, and Breath of the Wild this year.

« Reply #3500 on: November 02, 2017, 12:46:20 am »
currently playing Ys Origin and almost finished with Resident Evil 4

« Reply #3501 on: November 02, 2017, 02:41:06 am »
So many little bugs in AC: Origins...Yeah, I know, bugs in an Assassin's Creed game? Unheard of!

Visual stuff, wonky AI behavior, and at some point, the blacksmith just stopped letting me interact with him, so I can't upgrade my weapons.  Maybe if I restart he could get fixed, but this is so weird and I've only played for like an hour or two.  Performance isn't too great either.  Horizon ran and looks better for sure.  Maybe this game has more going on, I don't know, but this is like the third game on PS4.  Feels like it should be better by now, especially on the Pro.  Story is handled in a confusing way too.  Thought it was just an odd start, but when you take out the first...boss? The first main guy you are told to kill in the city, you kill him, he's dead on the ground and once you finish the bodyguards, you confirm he's dead, because you killed him, but then you get a cutscene of him walking out from somewhere and then he's fucking with your mind somehow, and then you actually kill him in the cutscene.  It feels like its backwards.

All I'm saying is that I'm glad I rented this game and that my copy of Wolfenstein 2 is coming in the mail today lol

doctorlaudanum

« Reply #3502 on: November 02, 2017, 02:42:57 am »
Felt like picking up the original Fatal Frame again. I forgot how cheap the ghosts can get in the second half of the game. Think I'll go for Fatal Frame III next since that's the only one in the original trilogy I never got around to completing. The controls always screwed with my head.
Always looking to buy Drakengard, Nier, and Siren collector's items.

kashell

« Reply #3503 on: November 02, 2017, 08:08:04 am »
I made it to Energy Nede in Star Ocean: The Second Story. I forgot how short the game is if you know what you're doing and if you understand the best way to customize your weapons. I'm still having a blast, of course. We finished going through the last of the four fields. The party is Ashton, Bowman, Claude, and Dias.

Felt like picking up the original Fatal Frame again. I forgot how cheap the ghosts can get in the second half of the game. Think I'll go for Fatal Frame III next since that's the only one in the original trilogy I never got around to completing. The controls always screwed with my head.

Do it! Fatal Frame III was pretty awesome.

« Reply #3504 on: November 02, 2017, 08:37:56 am »
So many little bugs in AC: Origins...Yeah, I know, bugs in an Assassin's Creed game? Unheard of!

Visual stuff, wonky AI behavior, and at some point, the blacksmith just stopped letting me interact with him, so I can't upgrade my weapons.  Maybe if I restart he could get fixed, but this is so weird and I've only played for like an hour or two.  Performance isn't too great either.  Horizon ran and looks better for sure.  Maybe this game has more going on, I don't know, but this is like the third game on PS4.  Feels like it should be better by now, especially on the Pro.  Story is handled in a confusing way too.  Thought it was just an odd start, but when you take out the first...boss? The first main guy you are told to kill in the city, you kill him, he's dead on the ground and once you finish the bodyguards, you confirm he's dead, because you killed him, but then you get a cutscene of him walking out from somewhere and then he's fucking with your mind somehow, and then you actually kill him in the cutscene.  It feels like its backwards.

All I'm saying is that I'm glad I rented this game and that my copy of Wolfenstein 2 is coming in the mail today lol
I'm not yet that far, I've played maybe 30 minutes worth.  I like the Dark Souls inspired combat, but really it just makes me want to play Dark Souls.  I've gone up against a few guys way above my level and kicked some arse.  I dig it.

But story and character and world.  I'm just not digging it.  I generally judge a game on how quickly it pulls me in.  Mario Odyssey had me immediately.  Fantastic.   Fallout 3 takes an hour or two first time with that style of game.  Tad disappointing at first but definitely good.  Fallout New Vegas throws you right into it and gets you hooked pretty quickly.  Amazing, but not immediate.  Previous Assassin's Creed games start you off in some manner of modern giving you immediate interest in the story, why are things happening, what's it going to lead to, etc.  This game starts you straight in presumably the animus.  Assassin's Creed isn't Assassin's Creed without the modern Templar Vs. Assassins tug of war.

Needless to say, I might abandon this game temporarily really soon.

doafan

« Reply #3505 on: November 02, 2017, 12:17:44 pm »
Have been playing Animal Crossing New Leaf every single day since I purchased this title and honestly I don't regret it, is not that I play all day but those rare free times that I have sometimes have been well spend it with this game, got my own Samus version and really enjoyed giving candy's and playing rock-paper-scissors with the rest of the characters this past Halloween  ;D

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

shfan

« Reply #3506 on: November 02, 2017, 01:37:55 pm »
Still puttering along with Dungeon Travelers 2 and Vagrant Story, managed to get to chapter 8 in the former thanks to Kashell's sterling advice *tips hat*. I'm also playing Dungeons III on the PS4, it's even better than the previous game and the constant 4th wall-breaking banter between the narrator and main character Thalya is excellent.

kashell

« Reply #3507 on: November 02, 2017, 03:09:17 pm »
Still puttering along with Dungeon Travelers 2 and Vagrant Story, managed to get to chapter 8 in the former thanks to Kashell's sterling advice *tips hat*. I'm also playing Dungeons III on the PS4, it's even better than the previous game and the constant 4th wall-breaking banter between the narrator and main character Thalya is excellent.

I'm glad it's working out for you! Keep up the good work.

I'm in Chapter 10 myself and...good goddamn: it's DIFFICULT. I replaced my Bishop with a Treasure Hunter so I could get into more battles with a preemptive strike and so I could use items instead of spells to heal.

« Reply #3508 on: November 02, 2017, 04:38:14 pm »
Silent Hill 4 : The Room, back when the game released we couldn't really afford it and I kinda missed out.  Game is practically new to me.

« Reply #3509 on: November 03, 2017, 05:06:54 am »
Silent Hill 4 : The Room, back when the game released we couldn't really afford it and I kinda missed out.  Game is practically new to me.

I've been playing some Destiny 2 on PC for the past week or so. I'm enjoying it so far.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2021, 03:04:56 pm by groverson »