Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 515704 times)

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #3510 on: November 03, 2017, 06:16:08 am »
Been bouncing between two shooters, one being cult status jank with STALKER: Call of Pripyat, a series I usually return to at least once a year, despite continuing to age poorly and having a numerous problems that were prevalent even back in the day.  Still drawn to this experience though as there aren't many games that accomplish similar ideas.

The other end is AAA quality goodness with some good 'ole fashioned Nazi killing with Wolfenstein 2.  Aside from one or two minor bugs, it looks and plays great.  It's much the same game as before, but I like the different settings we are going to, particularly getting to see a nuked Manhattan.  Love alt-history stuff and this one in particular is great so far.

desocietas

« Reply #3511 on: November 03, 2017, 11:38:00 am »
I've been playing some Destiny 2 on PC for the past week or so. I'm enjoying it so far.

Nice - most folks I know have been playing in on PS4. You think it plays well on the PC so far?

Also, welcome to the forums!
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #3512 on: November 05, 2017, 01:23:21 am »
I've been playing some Destiny 2 on PC for the past week or so. I'm enjoying it so far.

Nice - most folks I know have been playing in on PS4. You think it plays well on the PC so far?

Also, welcome to the forums!

I've put probably 5 or 6 hours into Destiny 2 on pc so far, after playing Destiny 1 on ps4 quite a bit, playing essentially the same thing on pc feels pretty great to me. The game runs great though my system is pretty beefy. I do run into some visual stutters and lag but I'm sure that's down to my garbage dinosaur internet and not an issue of optimization.

« Reply #3513 on: November 05, 2017, 01:58:59 am »
I recently completed the Pokédex on both Virtual Console Gold and Virtual Console Silver, with the help of the Coin Case glitch for obtaining Celebi.

I still have a lot more games in my collection to complete, but decided to play Klonoa for Wii and have really enjoyed it so far. I also bought Wario: Master of Disguise for DS again after getting a little bored with it and selling it. Now I'd like to give it another go and see if I can complete it.

Another game I would like to complete is Ever Oasis for Nintendo 3DS.
Nintendo collector/creator and aspiring mother. ✿

« Reply #3514 on: November 05, 2017, 04:09:17 am »
Been enjoying Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus.  For a few hours, I felt like the game was mostly going through the motions, pretty on par with the previous game, but not really doing anything to be better, which is fine, nothing particularly wrong with that.  Then you get like 5 hours in and the game brings in something new that is pretty cool.  Not too spoil anything, but it's a new addition I really dig and definitely improves the game over the first.

Flashback2012

« Reply #3515 on: November 05, 2017, 12:00:22 pm »
Skylanders: Imaginators currently. Roommate's son is obsessing over this game ever since I picked it up a couple weeks ago. We even took advantage of the Target B2G1F to pick up a couple more characters and creation crystals. IMHO it's been almost as enjoyable as Trap Team (SuperChargers wasn't that great I thought).

I hooked up my Kinect so the Godchild and her sister could play it but the room is too small for the thing to read properly.  :-\

kashell

« Reply #3516 on: November 05, 2017, 12:52:27 pm »
I decided to start Ring of Red for the PlayStation 2. Opinions so far a bit mixed. The story and concept are intriguing, but a severe lack of some speed up/skip animations might be enough for me to save it for a time when I'm in the mood for a long, heavy grind. I'll play a bit more and decide if I'll continue the entire way.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3517 on: November 06, 2017, 10:55:39 am »

Damn is this game hard! I used to think the King's Fields were tough (until you memorize them, at least). But they've got nothing on Shadow Tower, one mistake = death.

I'm even using a Gameshark so at least my weapons won't break (no other codes on), and it's still brutal as hell!

Anyone else play this tough as nails game?
« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 12:55:29 pm by burningdoom »

« Reply #3518 on: November 06, 2017, 12:54:31 pm »
No, but I want to.  Been on my wishlist for a while and still haven't found a cheap enough CIB copy.

shepard11

« Reply #3519 on: November 06, 2017, 01:24:44 pm »
I have gotten bored with Destiny 2 so I'm playing BotW just beat all 4 divine beast and I'm like now what do I do. So while I think I'll probably play Shovel Knight and/or Captain Toad's on my Wii U.

« Reply #3520 on: November 06, 2017, 08:10:43 pm »
Tried to play Fortnite: Battle Royale again, but that combat just isn't good.  Not too mention what seems like a fun concept of build anywhere, just means that people end up buildings walls as they run to hide behind or tall stairs to snipe with and it becomes just outright obnoxious.  I'm all for a less intense PUBG, but this isn't it to me.

kashell

« Reply #3521 on: November 08, 2017, 05:29:30 pm »
I'm only 20 minutes in, but Undertale is really weird so far.

« Reply #3522 on: November 08, 2017, 05:36:59 pm »
I'm only 20 minutes in, but Undertale is really weird so far.

That weird train ain't stopping anytime soon!

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3523 on: November 09, 2017, 12:59:34 pm »
No, but I want to.  Been on my wishlist for a while and still haven't found a cheap enough CIB copy.

So why not get a disc-only copy so you can at least play it and experience the game, then the get the artwork later on if you come across it?

This is one that seems to have shot up in price. So I don't see it getting any cheaper any time soon.

« Reply #3524 on: November 09, 2017, 01:29:42 pm »

So why not get a disc-only copy so you can at least play it and experience the game, then the get the artwork later on if you come across it?

This is one that seems to have shot up in price. So I don't see it getting any cheaper any time soon.
It is very very very difficult to justify buying a loose disc copy.  I've been watching a copy sitting at $80 for a while now, but I was hoping for something around $60, plus the condition of the product and sale is questionable at best.  I may have to just suck it up and just buy the $80 copy before it fully jumps to $100+