Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 514809 times)

desocietas

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #3570 on: December 08, 2017, 11:11:25 am »
I like games where I can develop my skills. That's why puzzles are my favorite type of games. Especially escape games. Now I live in LA and there are  many awesome escape rooms. My favorite place is The Quest Factory, click for more information. I try at least one per month to visit one escape room. Last week it was the Aztecs room. Impressive decorations and really interesting puzzles.

muntyjack, do you usually have a group of friends that you go with to do the escape room? or do you just pair up with strangers?
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #3571 on: December 09, 2017, 04:03:39 am »
Just beat the story part of the new Breath of the Wild DLC, The Champions Ballad.  Sadly, abit underwhelmed.  It's nothing bad at all, there's just little in the way of actual new content.  It's mostly a number of smaller challenges, that lead you to more Shrines, and then leads up to a dungeon.  I won't spoil anything specific, but if you were hoping for real story or something out of left field, that's not this.  This DLC is a fluff piece.  It's a couple minutes of the character memories, giving you another glimpse into the Champions character, some of it very sweet or endearing, but that's all outside of more puzzle stuff.  Honestly, one part proper bugs me, but yeah, no spoilers.

« Reply #3572 on: December 09, 2017, 01:32:25 pm »
Just finished Metroid Fusion and started Xenoblade Chronicles 2. So far im really enjoying it.

telly

« Reply #3573 on: December 09, 2017, 01:54:35 pm »
I'm going to be putting a lot of time into Ace Combat Infinity over these next few months. I want to get the final trophy in the game before the servers close in March. I need to just level up and grind experience, which will take a long time. Hopefully I can do it!
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

azure

« Reply #3574 on: December 09, 2017, 02:18:32 pm »
I'm going to be putting a lot of time into Ace Combat Infinity over these next few months. I want to get the final trophy in the game before the servers close in March. I need to just level up and grind experience, which will take a long time. Hopefully I can do it!
Good luck the trophy world can cruel  :P

telly

« Reply #3575 on: December 09, 2017, 02:20:37 pm »
Good luck the trophy world can cruel  :P

Ugh, it's going to be tough. You have to put tons of hours in and sortie in hundreds of missions. Hopefully I can get it done over the holidays.  :o
Currently Playing:

« Reply #3576 on: December 09, 2017, 08:01:06 pm »
That Monster Hunter World demo is dope! I never really got into the series, aspects of it never felt right or it felt kinda outdated and clunky, so to get the creature hunting and hefty gameplay with top quality graphics and an open world, and a lot of needed polish, makes for a great time.  I managed to beat all three missions, which will net you some bonus goodies in the retail release.  Pretty excited for the game now.

azure

« Reply #3577 on: December 09, 2017, 08:04:58 pm »
That Monster Hunter World demo is dope! I never really got into the series, aspects of it never felt right or it felt kinda outdated and clunky, so to get the creature hunting and hefty gameplay with top quality graphics and an open world, and a lot of needed polish, makes for a great time.  I managed to beat all three missions, which will net you some bonus goodies in the retail release.  Pretty excited for the game now.
As a series veteran, I'm glad to see how streamlined the game really is to get other hunters into the series. So many new people coming into the series with this one, and I have very little complaints as well. Great all around! I didn't know anything carried over, that's kool.

« Reply #3578 on: December 09, 2017, 08:09:10 pm »
As a series veteran, I'm glad to see how streamlined the game really is to get other hunters into the series. So many new people coming into the series with this one, and I have very little complaints as well. Great all around! I didn't know anything carried over, that's kool.

Yeah they don't say what you get, I think it's just freebie consumables as far as I can tell.  Maybe something unique, not sure, but I like when betas/demos offer a little reward for trying it out.

azure

« Reply #3579 on: December 09, 2017, 08:13:16 pm »

Yeah they don't say what you get, I think it's just freebie consumables as far as I can tell.  Maybe something unique, not sure, but I like when betas/demos offer a little reward for trying it out.
Agreed, it's a nice little incentive. Honestly, all demo/betas should offer something of the sort. Even if it's minimal, it's still something.

desocietas

« Reply #3580 on: December 09, 2017, 10:52:29 pm »
I played a few hours of multiplayer and have seen both folks new to the series and heavy veterans play the demo and am happy to see everyone pleased. The first question usually is "where is the enemy's health bar?" And it's always fun to say that you have to pay attention to the enemy to see how they're feeling. Love that limp and everything.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

kashell

« Reply #3581 on: December 10, 2017, 02:07:49 pm »
It looks like I'm continuing with action games from Square. I started FFVII: Dirge of Cerberus for the PlayStation 2. It's a functional but mediocre third-person shooter at the moment. The sad thing is that I can see it being great if not for some issues that show up right at the start.

I'm glad that Vincent gets some time to shine.

« Reply #3582 on: December 10, 2017, 02:37:57 pm »
Beyonetta, after watching the game awards and seeing that we are getting the first two on Switch and a third game, I figured I'd go ahead and finally give the series a shot.

While I'm not blown away I think it's a pretty cool game.

telly

« Reply #3583 on: December 10, 2017, 08:00:16 pm »
Well, I've already decided to give up on trying to get that gold trophy in Ace Combat Infinity. Once I hit Lieutenant Colonel the experience needed to gain a level increases by about 4 times. I need to sortie 4-5 times for each level, so about 350 total. I only have about 74 fuel in reserve, so I'm just simply not going to have enough to grind the needed XP, unless they do a bonus or something. It's not worth the effort anyway.

Oh well :(
Currently Playing:

« Reply #3584 on: December 11, 2017, 09:33:28 am »
Years ago a co-worker had suggested one of the Sniper games to me and said that the other franchise was poopy... but I don't remember, so I started playing Sniper Elite V2 and Sniper Ghost Warrior this weekend.  I'm fairly certain at this point which was which.