Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 515328 times)

arkaneer

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #3645 on: February 05, 2018, 10:11:07 am »
I'm 45 hours into Monster Hunter World and starting to feel like I want the main story to finish. The game has a big difficulty spike once you get into High Rank and I am struggling with my hammer build.

I can't get my current monster down and I think I'll have to rely on being carried in multiplayer. The multiplayer is actually a lot of fun so that's not too bad.

I have read that I have another 20-30 hours to go, so I may have to take a break and come back to it.

undertakerprime

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3646 on: February 05, 2018, 03:18:53 pm »
I used a PSN gift card I got for Xmas to buy NBA Jam On Fire Edition and I’ve been playing it a lot. It really is a nostalgic experience, with the original announcer, legendary players, and even similar unlockable players like politicians and the Beastie Boys :D

Interestingly, movement is still just as fast but somehow more deliberate, making moves like pump fakes, elbowing, and stealing actually useful (all I ever used in the original was blocking and shoving). I’m having to slightly relearn how to play, because shoving isn’t quite as useful as it used to be.

Of course, the AI rubber banding is still intact, but that’s to be expected.
Only problem I’m having is, somehow being “on fire” seems to REDUCE my shooting percentage. In the old games, being on fire meant making almost every shot, but in this one, I’ve tried throwing up on-fire 3-pointers and I MISS almost every shot, even when I’m trailing or my player’s 3-PT rating is high. It’s really weird.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 03:21:30 pm by undertakerprime »

azure

« Reply #3647 on: February 05, 2018, 05:45:27 pm »
MHW taking over my free time, per usual when a new MH releases for me.  :P

« Reply #3648 on: February 06, 2018, 09:51:52 pm »
Currently working on Megaman 8 (PS1) and Diablo 3 (PS4)

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3649 on: February 07, 2018, 12:45:59 pm »
Currently working on Megaman 8 (PS1) and Diablo 3 (PS4)

I have to make a Diablo III comment. I always do. It’s one of my favorite games I’ve played on the PS4. Such a good game!

« Reply #3650 on: February 12, 2018, 10:20:30 am »
Hopped back into Yakuza 0 a few days ago.  Spent all weekend playing it.  Sitting at around 80 hours of gameplay.  I'm really enjoying it now that I've got through most of the tutorial stuff.  I'm actually enjoying the side content more than the story.  It's been quite a while since I played Kiwami, so there are a lot of nods to the rest of the franchise that I'm missing.  Planning on jumping into 2 after I finish 0.  Hopefully I can be bothered to play through Kiwami 2 when it comes out.

arkaneer

« Reply #3651 on: February 12, 2018, 12:07:48 pm »
Playing Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition on the PS4 as I picked it up new for £5.

I've never played this game and the remaster looks great. I'd class it as enjoyable, over the top nonsense. Think I'm about half way through.

telly

« Reply #3652 on: February 12, 2018, 02:14:57 pm »
I'm at the final boss in Castlevania Dracula X, haven't been able to beat it yet. I've gotten close a couple times through so hopefully I can close in on my first game beat of the year. I also just got the 8th badge in Pokemon Crystal. I'll admit I haven't played Xenoblade X in a few weeks, I'd like to get back into it soon. These last few bosses have been really tough so it's been more of a grind lately.
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

telly

« Reply #3653 on: February 16, 2018, 12:18:50 am »
So I'm about 50 hours in Xenoblade Chronicles X, and I've really been slowing down with the game, after really enjoying it. Chapter 9 and 10 have spiked the difficulty through the ceiling, and it's been really hard to continue. I've spent no joke 6 hours trying to beat the chapter 10 boss, and all the flaws of the game are starting to become apparent.

I really want to beat it, but I have so many other games that I want to play that maybe I'll have to give it a break. Maybe I'll start another RPG like Super Mario RPG or something.
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #3654 on: February 17, 2018, 12:15:44 am »
Put some time into the Sea of Thieves beta and I didn't realize it was almost specifically a multiplayer game.  I mostly knew that getting it, but I also like to have some solo fun time, but solo in this is hard mode.  If you get caught off guard by a galleon, you are probably screwed.  Reading up on it and unless you are basically a master at the game or at a far enough distance away, you are probably screwed.  That's kinda lame.  There's also no safe zones, so even if you make it back to the outpost, you can still be attacked.  There's thankfully no punishment to losing your ship, but its just kinda obnoxious.

Probably just gonna cancel my pre-order and wait to see more on the game.  It's nice, but I think I need to see more of the full game and what it'll offer before I settle in.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 12:19:00 am by kamikazekeeg »

arkaneer

« Reply #3655 on: February 17, 2018, 06:45:42 am »
Put some time into the Sea of Thieves beta and I didn't realize it was almost specifically a multiplayer game.  I mostly knew that getting it, but I also like to have some solo fun time, but solo in this is hard mode.  If you get caught off guard by a galleon, you are probably screwed.  Reading up on it and unless you are basically a master at the game or at a far enough distance away, you are probably screwed.  That's kinda lame.  There's also no safe zones, so even if you make it back to the outpost, you can still be attacked.  There's thankfully no punishment to losing your ship, but its just kinda obnoxious.

Probably just gonna cancel my pre-order and wait to see more on the game.  It's nice, but I think I need to see more of the full game and what it'll offer before I settle in.

Yep I tried the last beta and it is very much a multiplayer focused game. I hope that as the game develops during its lifetime, they might add a better single player experience in.

I absolutely love the art style...I found myself staring at the sea in wonder!

Apparently, some tech company came up with the sea physics demo first and Microsoft thought 'what game can we base around that? who can we give it to develop a game around?'. I think that's pretty cool tbh  :)

« Reply #3656 on: February 17, 2018, 07:13:30 am »
Yep I tried the last beta and it is very much a multiplayer focused game. I hope that as the game develops during its lifetime, they might add a better single player experience in.

I absolutely love the art style...I found myself staring at the sea in wonder!

Apparently, some tech company came up with the sea physics demo first and Microsoft thought 'what game can we base around that? who can we give it to develop a game around?'. I think that's pretty cool tbh  :)

I liked the visuals for sure.  They are simple, but when I wasn't having to worry about getting attacked by a galleon, it was very calming and enjoyable to get around with and looked pretty nice.  Like it looks really good for a game that isn't taxing at all system wise.  I kinda hate how empty the waters are though, I guess sharks are the only things around and they kinda just appear around battles and when ships sink.  Of course I can't say for sure what it has, just a beta, which hopefully explains the awful text buttons and size, feel like I'm playing Dead Rising on Xbox 360 on a standard def tv again lol

I'm not against it being multiplayer focused either, but if they are gonna allow singleplayer play, I am kinda hoping they offer a singleplayer way to play, even if its just free roam, or an optional game mode that lets people play with only 1 to 2 players per crew.  If this game doesn't pan out as I like, maybe that other pirate game that got showed off at E3...I think last year, could be good.  It basically seemed like a competitive multiplayer version of AC: Black Flag (It is by Ubisoft).  It's more action focused than Sea of Thieves, but it has a singleplayer component to it, which interests me greatly.  It's called Skull & Bones.

Hopefully we get something on that at E3 this year as it is supposed to be coming out this year, but we've seen nothing since.  Likely will slip into 2019.

arkaneer

« Reply #3657 on: February 17, 2018, 12:05:09 pm »
I'm playing the Shadow of the Colossus remake.

I never played the original, so difficult for me to compare to. It's a beautiful game for sure.

Really only started enjoying it once I had got a handle on the controls...5 Colossi down so far.

shepard11

« Reply #3658 on: February 22, 2018, 03:23:02 pm »
I'm still playing Destiny 2 but I've got myself down to only once or twice a week. To fill that time where I'm not playing Destiny, you can usually see me playing Rocket League, Forza Horizon 3 and Monster Hunter World.

arkaneer

« Reply #3659 on: February 23, 2018, 11:09:33 am »
I'm a few hours into Dragons Dogma: Dark Arisen on the PS4.

Really loving it so far although I fear I might have to reroll to get the vocation I want...I always do this in rpgs!