Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 504921 times)

soera

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #135 on: July 01, 2012, 06:48:02 pm »
I have been playing DQM: Caravan Heart like crazy since I got it. Its fun as hell!

scott

« Reply #136 on: July 01, 2012, 06:57:26 pm »
When I get time, I've been mostly playing either Dragon Quest V or Diablo III... But I'm in Hell mode on Diablo now and the Champions are ripping me a new one.  :'(
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

jobocan

« Reply #137 on: July 01, 2012, 07:03:35 pm »
When I get time, I've been mostly playing either Dragon Quest V or Diablo III... But I'm in Hell mode on Diablo now and the Champions are ripping me a new one.  :'(

Just wait until Inferno where the first few enemies in Act 2 can kill you in one hit... That's not too fun :P

scott

« Reply #138 on: July 03, 2012, 04:42:12 pm »

Just wait until Inferno where the first few enemies in Act 2 can kill you in one hit... That's not too fun :P
Max tossed me a sweet 2h Crossbow last night, and it seemed to help a bit. I think stacking abilities on Champions to make them more difficult was a bad design choice though. Seriously, Arcane Enchanted/Molten/Frozen mobs are retarded.

jobocan

« Reply #139 on: July 03, 2012, 04:55:22 pm »

Max tossed me a sweet 2h Crossbow last night, and it seemed to help a bit. I think stacking abilities on Champions to make them more difficult was a bad design choice though. Seriously, Arcane Enchanted/Molten/Frozen mobs are retarded.

I hear of people getting crazy combos like Shielding/Horde/Invincible Minion/Illusionist/Fast. I got something similar (but slightly less crazy) once... I just turned off the game at that point, screw that :P
I do agree that just stacking stuff on champions is a terrible decision, I'm sure it would have been possible to make it hard without making it completely broken.

desocietas

« Reply #140 on: July 03, 2012, 05:52:04 pm »
A friend sent me a forum thread/guide about champions with the stacked abilities, and soon after we ran into several of them.  Definitely not easy, but it's kinda laughably funny when you get a crazy combo.  Of course, it'd suck if you were using your hardcore character...

If anything, it's just more of the same randomly-generated _____ for D3.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

foxhack

« Reply #141 on: July 03, 2012, 06:10:08 pm »
Alan Wake on the PC.

Yep. Hooked.

« Reply #142 on: July 03, 2012, 09:37:25 pm »
Lots of Tribes: Ascend on PC. I've also been playing Solar Jetman and Arkanoid on NES.

atariboy

« Reply #143 on: July 03, 2012, 11:32:36 pm »
Alan Wake on the PC.

Yep. Hooked.

I liked it on the 360 but for what ever reason I can't get past the combine level. Damn combine maybe I'll try again.
Now Playing: Lollipop Chainsaw

jcalder8

« Reply #144 on: July 04, 2012, 02:15:03 am »
Alan Wake on the PC.

Yep. Hooked.

I liked it on the 360 but for what ever reason I can't get past the combine level. Damn combine maybe I'll try again.
I actually just borrowed this from my sister-in-law so I'm starting it up here too.

psydswipe

« Reply #145 on: July 04, 2012, 06:08:07 am »
Lots of Tribes: Ascend on PC. I've also been playing Solar Jetman and Arkanoid on NES.

I've been playing too much Tribes as well. Double XP starts today too. Although I unlocked all the classes I mostly just play Soldier and Juggernaut. Being a long time Tribes player I have a hard time playing any class without a spinfusor.

This is my 5th day off in a row so I've been gaming too much. Also tried the latest Olympics game which isn't too bad, better than the last two Sega published. Played a couple games of the new Civ V expansion. Ran through Spec Ops: The Line as well. I expected it to be better and the story confused me. Also thought there would be a lot of tough decisions but you really only get two, you're just forced to do the other not so heroic actions.

« Reply #146 on: July 05, 2012, 05:23:00 pm »
Playing my first Fire Emblem game on Gamecube, already addicted.  I should have played these a long time ago with how much I enjoy Strategy RPGs

desocietas

« Reply #147 on: July 05, 2012, 06:23:25 pm »
Playing my first Fire Emblem game on Gamecube, already addicted.  I should have played these a long time ago with how much I enjoy Strategy RPGs

The saddest part about the FE games for me is the lost of characters with whom you've grown attached... never to be revived again! (unless you replay the game)
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #148 on: July 05, 2012, 06:48:07 pm »

The saddest part about the FE games for me is the lost of characters with whom you've grown attached... never to be revived again! (unless you replay the game)

Sounds like Shining Force :(

scott

« Reply #149 on: July 05, 2012, 06:56:15 pm »

That's the best part. It means every strategic decision is important, and you can't just zerg and objective and rez folks after.