Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 514983 times)

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #3720 on: April 20, 2018, 04:43:25 pm »
Is this the same Kratos from the Greek entries? Or is this a reimagining of the series?

One and the same.  Takes place after GoW3 I think.

Yeah the same Kratos, set however long after GOW3, with him heading to this northern land.  I don't know exactly why, they haven't explained any of the backstory yet and will probably get drip fed it.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3721 on: April 20, 2018, 04:57:12 pm »
Ok, just curious. Thanks.

« Reply #3722 on: April 21, 2018, 06:40:05 am »
As deep into God of War 2018 I am right now, I could actually see people not liking this game a ton, based on what they are wanting from it.  Despite the massive success it is, this game is not what the old God of War was.  It has essentially every core aspect for the most part (Except for different weapons), but it's no longer a big, bombastic, action fest.  It's slow paced, there's a greater focus on world building and story, the exploration can have you spending hours just doing everything but the main progression.  I've only fought one giant creature in the 6 to 10+ hours I've played.  In the previous God of War games, I probably would've killed a Hydra, a Titan, and 2 gods by now.  It's got more in common with the new Tomb Raider series than God of War.

Not that this makes it bad, it's a really good game no matter what, but of people I've seen that go "God of War? Nah...", I can see why.

telly

« Reply #3723 on: April 21, 2018, 05:49:57 pm »
Moving on to the next game on the SNES Classic: Super Metroid!

I can see why this game is so popular, it's really good. Enjoying my experience so far.
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #3724 on: April 26, 2018, 12:45:35 am »
Tried playing Trackmania Turbo, it was free with PS+, and being that I'm in the mood for arcadey racers after seeing Onrush footage, I was disappointed by this.  It's just kind of average racing on kinda improbable tracks.  No real flash or gimmick.  Played through the first 10 tracks, most just short get to the end ones, but very quickly.  Sorta feels like Trials in that regard, but that is way more fun with a legitimate challenge and hook to it.  Not sure if the game gets any better, but with a fairly stiff presentation to it, I can't see continuing on.  Thank goodness for PS+ that I didn't pay like 30 bucks for this lol

kashell

« Reply #3725 on: April 26, 2018, 08:05:23 am »
I went back to Ys VIII. I finished the first file a few days ago and now I'm going through it again on nightmare.

It's still my least favorite Ys, but I'm willing to go through it to get my final trophy.

soera

« Reply #3726 on: April 26, 2018, 11:51:41 am »
I went back to Ys VIII. I finished the first file a few days ago and now I'm going through it again on nightmare.

It's still my least favorite Ys, but I'm willing to go through it to get my final trophy.

I still cant see how you dont like it. :(

And for the few posts above, I finished God of War last night. Game is almost flawless (Kratos does have a tendency to die a bit more in this game than the others). Story is amazing.

telly

« Reply #3727 on: April 28, 2018, 12:00:33 am »
I've been playing some Yu-Gi-Oh! Ultimate Masters: World Championship Tournament 2006 on the GBA. I must say, this game is even more fun than the previous game I've played. Tons of great cards, and you get to jump right in and battle some rather good but fair decks. Everything is cleaner and more enjoyable too. I'm enjoying myself so far.
Currently Playing:

kashell

« Reply #3728 on: May 06, 2018, 03:51:36 pm »
I'm about four hours into Front Mission 3. I like it so far.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3729 on: May 06, 2018, 04:08:47 pm »
Been playing the hell out of Skyrim again after getting the Xbox One remastered edition (with mods).

I completed all the main-story, guild, civil war, and expansion storylines. Took a while. Now I'm going and just doing random goals here or there.

I hate the world I created, though. Originally when I had it on 360, I chose the Imperial side of the civil war, and liked the outcome. This time I played the rebellion Skyrim side just for a bit of a different experience. But now the world is ruled by a bunch of racists. They don't like anyone that not Nord, and I feel kind of dirty for doing it.

« Reply #3730 on: May 07, 2018, 03:52:43 pm »
No clue what to play now.  I was thinking about hopping back into Yakuza 4, but I did just get a PS4 Pro and X1X... maybe there is something worthwhile playing over there.

« Reply #3731 on: May 09, 2018, 10:46:20 am »
Currently I am playing Clash of Clans with a proxy. The server blocked my IP address so I gave it a try. I hope I will not be banned for it. I love online games, it's a good way to escape the reality.

kypherion

« Reply #3732 on: May 22, 2018, 03:41:17 pm »
Just started the Devil May Cry series. I'm so hooked, it's such a blast. Feels like a good 3d castlevania with guns.
"Well, As The Philosopher Jagger Once Said, 'You Can't Always Get What You Want.'"

« Reply #3733 on: May 22, 2018, 03:51:54 pm »
Playing State of Decay 2.  It's a cleaned up version of the first game, but it doesn't really add a whole lot new to the game, which is disappointing.  It's still a solid enough experience, but I feel like there are points where they could've streamlined things without taking away from the survival/sim aspect of the game.  Just gets a tad tedious at times, but it is a challenging game for sure.

telly

« Reply #3734 on: June 03, 2018, 07:12:11 pm »
I'm about 70% done with Paper Mario: Color Splash. It's been a fun experience so far. Not perfect for sure, but still entertaining.
Currently Playing: