Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 514937 times)

desocietas

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #3780 on: July 20, 2018, 01:31:17 pm »
Yeah. I'm done with Shining Resonance Refrain. I made it to chapter 5 and that's enough. It's not a good game.

Ah, I was wondering but decided not to bite on this one and instead pre-ordered Labyrinth of Refrain: Coven of Dusk. The visuals looked pretty good, but what about it made you stop?
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

kashell

« Reply #3781 on: July 20, 2018, 04:17:16 pm »
Yeah. I'm done with Shining Resonance Refrain. I made it to chapter 5 and that's enough. It's not a good game.

Ah, I was wondering but decided not to bite on this one and instead pre-ordered Labyrinth of Refrain: Coven of Dusk. The visuals looked pretty good, but what about it made you stop?

Other than the nice look and the pretty soundtrack, nothing about the game pulled me in. It's really disjointed; none of its parts flow well together. It's clear that this is one of those budget titles.

EDIT: http://kashelltriumph.com/refrain-from-playing-shining-resonance-refrain/
« Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 06:53:07 pm by kashell »

« Reply #3782 on: July 21, 2018, 12:22:49 am »
Picked up Enter the Gungeon because it had such a good sale.  I'm not super huge into these roguelite games, like I stopped trying to get through Binding of Isaac because its stupid hard, but this is a lot more fun with the better movement and mechanics personally.  Only made it to the third chamber so far, but it's been fun.  Legit thinking of doing perler bead art of some of the characters lol

kashell

« Reply #3783 on: July 21, 2018, 06:41:58 pm »
I am loving Octopath Traveler.

telly

« Reply #3784 on: July 21, 2018, 07:21:44 pm »
I am loving Octopath Traveler.

You'll have to tell me your final thoughts! It looks amazing just from the art style alone. Reminds me a lot of Suikoden.
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #3785 on: July 21, 2018, 08:38:09 pm »
Been a long time since I played Resident Evil 4, not having spent real time in it since the PS2 days.  Playing it right now with the PC version and a true HD texture pack also.  It's a pretty sweet deal, even if it's not 100% finished.  Controls took some getting use to as they haven't aged the best, and I forgot how close the camera is to Leon, but once you get the hang of it, it's not bad.  Makes me wish it had full movement though, but a monumental step up from REmake for sure, in every way.  The story and dialogue is still just the absolute worst, but in that dumb b-movie sort of way.  Would've been interesting had this been the game they went with a first person view, as I honestly think it's better built for it than the third person view.

After beating REmake and watching some stuff on RE2 and RE3 recently, I do have a better understanding of peoples issues with this one compared to the old games.  I think this game was necessary after how poor Resident Evil Zero seemed to be, but the design of the old games having what is essentially the level design of a puzzle box, all interconnected as you open things up is cool.  The actual puzzles are mixed bag of kinda cool and awful, but it was a style for sure.

It's why I'm so excited for RE2 Remake.  If it is amazing graphics and top quality gameplay, crossed with the more survival style, exploration, and puzzle solving of the old RE style, I think that is the greatest outcome for the series.  After this, I'm thinking of other RE games leading up to Re 2 Make I haven't played recently or beaten, so likely Resident Evil 5, debating Resident Evil 6 as I've never beaten all campaigns, and maybe Operation Raccoon City for the heck of it.  The last two aren't good, but that's all that is left that is easily playable for me.  Technically there's Code Veronica X on PS4, but I don't know if I can put up with it without the door skip mod.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2018, 08:47:00 pm by kamikazekeeg »

soera

« Reply #3786 on: July 23, 2018, 10:45:02 am »
Currently playing Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions, Torchlight II and Diablo III: Reapers of Souls (PS4).

Just finished Act II in Diablo and I'm still really enjoying it! It plays really well on console, might pick up Victor Vran after beating this as I'm really into ARPGs now.

Victor Vran is quite good.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3787 on: July 23, 2018, 12:56:18 pm »
I'm playing Resident Evil 0 HD on my XBox One.

I already played it years ago when it came out on GameCube. But I don't remember it being this long. I kept thinking, "I've got to be close to the end, only one more door to unlock left." or "I just fought this huge boss, and they're talking about self-destruct, I have to be close now."

But no, it just opens up to entirely new complex or something. I thought I'd be playing for a couple hours yesterday, then ended up wasting most of the day because I thought I was close, lol.

Now I'm expecting it, and the game will end in like 20 minutes tonight, watch.

telly

« Reply #3788 on: July 23, 2018, 02:08:54 pm »
I decided to play Metroid: Samus Returns. It's really fun so far, I'm enjoying it. :)

I also just got through Moonside in Earthbound, and I'm up to about 62/80% on the challenges needed to finish up Yu-Gi-Oh!
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

soera

« Reply #3789 on: July 23, 2018, 03:16:30 pm »
I had been playing Diablo III Eternal collection. Well, Kashell and I were talking about what I should play next. I had decided between 2 titles when my doorbell rang. Was the mailman with a package from Play Asia. Rainbow moon and Rainbow skies LEs. Figured it was fate calling. I dont regret my decision. Rainbow moon is delightful. Im not normally into tactical RPGs but this game makes it not as tedious. Im close to 60 hours in and probably nearing the end but not sure. Great game and Im assuming that Skies will be as good (playing it when Moon is over).

« Reply #3790 on: July 23, 2018, 03:35:22 pm »
Really enjoyed Hellblade... gonna try and finish up the platinum trophy tonight and then maybe jump into Among the Sleep or Little Nightmares.

Been kinda hankering to play MGSV

Might start up Dragon Quest VII tomorrow as well.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2018, 03:37:02 pm by ignition365 »

shfan

« Reply #3791 on: July 23, 2018, 05:03:41 pm »
I'm playing This War of Mine: The Little Ones on the PS4 (third playthrough this year, had no idea this game would wind up in my top 10 of all time). I'm also playing AeReA for the PS4, it's pretty low-rent and geared for multiplayer, but it's pretty enjoyable once you get into the actual game.

soera

« Reply #3792 on: July 23, 2018, 06:59:44 pm »
AereA was definitely a nifty little playthrough. I enjoyed it although a lot of it felt repetitive after a while. I stuck with Jacques the whole time and he ends up pretty invincible. :)

« Reply #3793 on: July 23, 2018, 11:42:55 pm »
Decided to pop in Lego The Incredibles, and my word, this is a tiny Lego game in comparison to the rest. An afternoon of playing it and I'm already at 85% complete and on the last few bits of cleanup. I think the only main Lego game shorter than it was the very first Lego Star Wars. The game play is also much simpler in comparison to other Lego titles, as there are very few puzzles in the main game or in the hub world (and those that are in the hub world can just be bypassed completely by switching to a character that can fly). Though I can see this game making for a great entry game for a younger kid, especially if they like The Incredibles.

In any case, I'll still finish it up to get completion #108 on my profile, but I will recommend to anyone else to avoid this title until it reaches budget bin status, as there's just so little content compared to the other games in the series. If you want to get a kid into gaming (or just try a Lego game yourself), Batman 1, Star Wars: The Complete Saga, and Lord of the Rings make much better starting points into the franchise,

stealthrush

« Reply #3794 on: July 24, 2018, 04:25:45 am »
Graze Counter

This is a awesome gateway into bullet-hell genre. So far completed the game several times on arcade settings and unlocked new pilots each time. Don't let the normal settings fool you, Expert mode is where bullet apocalypse is at!
« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 04:31:20 am by stealthrush »