Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 514817 times)

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #3870 on: September 17, 2018, 05:33:54 am »
Haven't played a straight up sidescrolling brawler in a good long while, but I finally got around to picking up Fight'N Rage on PC with a real good sale.  This game is a pretty solid time and it's basically made by one dude which is impressive.  Nice sprite animations, variety to the levels, there's some alternate paths to take.  About the only complaints I have is the some enemies are super cheap.  Like I know it's trying to emulate that Arcade feel and developers made frustrating enemies to steal quarters, but I always hate that kind of thing.  It's never fun.  And the games last boss has an attack that can basically nearly one shot you and it seems impossible to dodge.  Haven't beaten him yet, but I'll keep trying.  I just have to get lucky to not get hit by his bullshit attacks.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3871 on: September 25, 2018, 01:00:05 pm »

Completely absorbed into it.

So many side-quests/collectibles, though. Those are starting to feel like a chore.

kashell

« Reply #3872 on: September 27, 2018, 08:10:36 am »
It feels damn good to play a Valkyria game again. VC4 is shaping up to be awesome. I'm in the fourth chapter and really like all I've played so far.

telly

« Reply #3873 on: September 27, 2018, 03:48:20 pm »
I've been playing Yoshi's Island. Holy shit is this game awesome
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

shfan

« Reply #3874 on: September 28, 2018, 12:13:53 pm »
Mount & Blade: Warband on the PS4, like This War of Mine, it's turned into a surprise hit for me on the PS4 - something I keep coming back to and thoroughly enjoying. It's great to be able to enjoy these different games - my core 'likes' are metroidvanias, Wonderboy games, beat 'em ups (Streets of Rage, not Street Fighter) and action games with RPG mechanics, so these are a departure.

« Reply #3875 on: September 28, 2018, 02:14:57 pm »
I've been playing Dragon Quest VII, I've been enjoying these games, but this is the first one since IV that's got me playing my 3DS at home instead of consoles.  That's gotta be a good sign I guess.  Almost done with it.

kypherion

« Reply #3876 on: September 28, 2018, 11:54:37 pm »
Just got a Nintendo Switch and am enjoying Breath of the Wild!
"Well, As The Philosopher Jagger Once Said, 'You Can't Always Get What You Want.'"

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3877 on: September 29, 2018, 09:57:27 am »
Just got a Nintendo Switch and am enjoying Breath of the Wild!

Best game of the year, last year. Maybe of the decade (though, it's not over, yet). I got my copy on Wii U, though. Loved it.

« Reply #3878 on: September 29, 2018, 04:58:59 pm »
Slowly working my way through Devil May Cry 4, the only one of the main series I've played so far and seemed like the right one to go with due to Devil May Cry 5 releasing next year.  Only played the reboot before this which I thought was alright.  Feel kinda like the two Bayonetta games (Never beat 1, only 2) spoiled me for this series.  Nero feels much stiffer in comparison to Bayo with his move set and making some moves require holding RB is real annoying.  I feel like I can't reliably get things like my launcher or dodge off.  It's not a bad game, the style and action is cool, I'm just not super in love with the gameplay and I hope they overhauled it for the new game.  If not, then hopefully Bayonetta 3 is out next year.

« Reply #3879 on: September 29, 2018, 06:32:30 pm »
I can't stop playing the Atari Anthology for PlayStation 2 as well as Activision Anthology.

MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

PaleManInBlack

« Reply #3880 on: September 30, 2018, 09:01:37 am »
Breath of the Wild! My first Zelda game. That must sound ridiculous to some people :D So far I'm enjoying it. The game is just gorgeous. I will say however that the weapon degradation might get annoying, though I guess it's good you can pick up so many weapons.

kashell

« Reply #3881 on: September 30, 2018, 07:30:38 pm »
Chocobo Tales for the DS is so damn cute. I am loving it.

« Reply #3882 on: September 30, 2018, 08:54:56 pm »
I've playing Megaman X Legacy on the Switch for the past month or so to the point that it seems like I have finished an X game per week for as I said the past month. Yesterday I finished Megaman X5 with both Zero and X. I started X6 after I finished X5 and to say this game can eat dicks is an understatement despite this being my second go at it since the X Collection on the PS2. Nevertheless, I did manage to get to Gate's Laboratory since yesterday and even though I made there pretty quick with the power up, this game is not fun.

« Reply #3883 on: September 30, 2018, 09:01:58 pm »
I've playing Megaman X Legacy on the Switch for the past month or so to the point that it seems like I have finished an X game per week for as I said the past month. Yesterday I finished Megaman X5 with both Zero and X. I started X6 after I finished X5 and to say this game can eat dicks is an understatement despite this being my second go at it since the X Collection on the PS2. Nevertheless, I did manage to get to Gate's Laboratory since yesterday and even though I made there pretty quick with the power up, this game is not fun.

Yeah of the 2D Mega Man X games, it's easily the worst one.  It would be the worst MMX game to me if it wasn't for how much of an outright disaster MMX7 was.

« Reply #3884 on: September 30, 2018, 09:10:04 pm »

Yeah of the 2D Mega Man X games, it's easily the worst one.  It would be the worst MMX game to me if it wasn't for how much of an outright disaster MMX7 was.

Its my second go at X6 and lord have mercy, the level design is outright trash, lazy and unforgiving at times. I have played X7 more times than I should but whether or not I would consider it worst than X6 will depend on how I feel once I get to it again because X6 does have good in it like the soundtrack and it plays like its suppose to on a fundamental aspect but man, what were they smoking when they designed some of these levels. A good example is how in Gate's Laboratory stage 1, its impossible to get past a point with unarmored X because of spikes. I even tried with Blade armor but you need a part to boost your jumping so the only way is either Shadow armor or Zero and even with Zero, the boss is just down right stupid so I stuck with Shadow armor. I still have a ways to go.