Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 505115 times)

desocietas

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #3900 on: October 12, 2018, 05:22:26 pm »
I'm still playing Breath of the Wild after starting it two weeks ago.

Your avatar makes it look like it's going a little tough for you in BotW, lol. How're you liking it?
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

PaleManInBlack

« Reply #3901 on: October 12, 2018, 09:03:22 pm »
I'm still playing Breath of the Wild after starting it two weeks ago.

Your avatar makes it look like it's going a little tough for you in BotW, lol. How're you liking it?
Aside from the weapon degradation and how tedious it can be traversing the map at times, I'm enjoying it. I'm still in awe at the size of the map.  It really does feel huge as opposed to some open world maps, if that makes sense.

tripredacus

« Reply #3902 on: October 15, 2018, 09:50:20 am »
Black Ops 4. There is a lot of things to do in that game, I haven't even played any of the multiplayer yet.

« Reply #3903 on: October 16, 2018, 07:26:52 am »
I've been streaming Star Trek: Starfleet Academy on PC for the past two weeks or so.

The FMV stuff is cheesy but fun.  The graphics have aged... OK I guess?  You can tell what everything is, and some things are way more detailed than others.

The biggest problem I am having is that I am playing with the keyboard vs. a joystick.  The learning curve there was pretty steep, and on missions where you have to do manual targeting it is a headache.  Overall, though, I'm having fun with it.

Otherwise I'm just waiting on Dark Souls: Remastered on Switch to release this Friday - and that is just to tide me over until RDR2.

kashell

« Reply #3904 on: October 16, 2018, 08:04:35 am »
For some reason, I'm playing (and not hating) Beyond the Beyond on the PlayStation.

This has been a year of Camelot RPGs and visual novels.

« Reply #3905 on: October 18, 2018, 11:43:37 am »
I'm currently playing Kingdom Hearts: Final Mix on the PS4.

As far as Remasters go, the Kingdom Hearts series are some of the best I've ever experienced! They look stunning on PS3 & PS4 and finally make the series accessible again! - From having the series diverge into portable consoles, plaing Birth By Sleep on PS4 is a wonderful thing!

I just beat Atlantica, which I really enjoyed despite the underwate criticism. It was fulfilling to beat Ursula as I struggled at first, noted she was spamming Thunder magic, so I changed all my accessories to reduce Thunder damage and demolished her! It's so satifsying to see the effects of the right set up work in an Action based JRPG like this.

I'm plowing through the series with Chain of Memories, II: Final Mix & Dream Drop Distance to play - DDD Which I have never before, so excited by that! Of course leading up to Kingdom Hearts III Early 2019. Just having so much fund re-playing them, I did all the extras in BBS (Well on Aqua's campaign) & fully intend to do the extras on the other games too - I've never playedt he Final Mix content on Kingdom Hearts II before so excited for that too!

mark1982

« Reply #3906 on: October 18, 2018, 11:58:51 am »

Currently playing OwlBoy on the Switch, started off a bit slow but I'm really getting into it now. Lovely pixel art game with a nice soundtrack so far.

Interesting quirky characters with nice design choices too.
  l    l 

« Reply #3907 on: October 21, 2018, 08:44:13 am »
Dark Souls: Remastered is finally out on Switch.  I know the game a bit (A LOT) better than I did during my very first play-through almost 3 years ago.  I managed to one shot the Bell Gargoyles, but the Capra Demon still bum rushed the hell out of me, but got him down on try #3.

I look forward to having my ass handed to me by the Artorias of the Abyss DLC, but at least I know what weapon scaling is now.

shfan

« Reply #3908 on: October 21, 2018, 09:24:18 am »
On the PC I'm playing Stoneloop of Jurassica, which is a 'marble popper' (Zuma clone), in this one your 'cannon' doesn't rotate to follow the mouse, instead it's at the bottom of the screen like you're playing a brick-buster game, also you don't get supplied with marbles to fire, your cannon actually sucks up a marble from the playing field to fire back somewhere else. It's good clean fun.

I'm also going to start 2Dark and/or Anima on the PS4 soon, as I just beat the last PS4 game I was playing (Rabi Ribi, which is great).

kevininja

« Reply #3909 on: October 21, 2018, 09:31:42 am »
I'm playing Rune Classic, currently working my way through the Dwarf Fortress.

« Reply #3910 on: October 22, 2018, 12:48:10 am »
I've had two of the Banner Saga games sitting around in the Twitch app for awhile and figured I'd give it a look.  Not sure I'm in love with the gameplay, but I really like the art and setting.  Tactical RPG's aren't my usual games, but I might try and stick around with it as I'm mostly just trying to pass the time till Red Dead 2 later this week.  The game doesn't feel particularly designed well around PC, some of its elements feel very mobile game in design, but it's not unplayable at all.

shfan

« Reply #3911 on: October 22, 2018, 06:19:32 am »
Correction, I'm not playing Anima, it's a steaming pile, enjoying 2Dark (nasty as it is) despite it being slightly broken.

kashell

« Reply #3912 on: October 22, 2018, 11:57:11 am »
Dark Souls: Remastered is finally out on Switch.  I know the game a bit (A LOT) better than I did during my very first play-through almost 3 years ago.  I managed to one shot the Bell Gargoyles, but the Capra Demon still bum rushed the hell out of me, but got him down on try #3.

I look forward to having my ass handed to me by the Artorias of the Abyss DLC, but at least I know what weapon scaling is now.

Do you recommend it so far? I've gone through the game three and half (it's a trophy thing) times. Loved the game during each time.

« Reply #3913 on: October 22, 2018, 04:06:49 pm »

Do you recommend it so far? I've gone through the game three and half (it's a trophy thing) times. Loved the game during each time.

It's myfirst time playing the Remastered version, and it's made certain aspects so much better.  One of the main reasons I did a one shot on the Bell Gargoyles was because i could actually move.  However, the handheld mode isn't as nice as I thought it'd be.  My hands have gotten a little cramped using the JoyCons.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3914 on: October 25, 2018, 12:49:38 pm »
Playing through the Black Cat DLC for Spider-Man PS4. Very fun, like the rest of the game, so far.