Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 515742 times)

telly

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #4035 on: March 29, 2019, 08:55:46 am »
Finished the prison break sequence in Cosmic Star Heroine. About 7 hours in currently. I'm really digging this game, a lot more than I thought I would!
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #4036 on: March 29, 2019, 10:52:34 am »
While I explore as much as possible, I find myself regularly missing the little spots I'm supposed to go, like that valley section after the Ashina Outskirts, I didn't see it till I looked up where I was supposed to go next and felt real dumb for not looking over that cliff edge next to the idol, or that I feel like I'm currently missing something in Senpou Temple.  I found the Demon Bell spot, that place to the Headless, and I made it up to the Main Hall and got the letter from the priest, but I don't see a boss to fight or another direction to go as the one tunnel path just goes to a new fighting style.  Still gotta beat Lady Butterfly, need to beat that asshole gun guy at the Sunken Valley, and there's at least 2 Headless I need to try and take out eventually.
Lady Butterfly was super easy once I figured out her stuff.  I still need to beat Genichiro and I skipped that asshole gun guy because he'd constantly 1 hit kill me.

I sure as fuck absolutely did not ring that evil bell though.  The game is tough enough.

Yeah I'm glad I didn't, because I read up on it afterwards and if I couldn't turn that off, I would've quit the game lol

I can probably do Lady Butterfly now, I just haven't gone back since I wasted the one snap seed they give and just never returned, but I've basically doubled my health, improved my attack, and like trippled my gourd since then, so I should be good.
There's a way to turn it off, but why bother ya know?

I beat a bunch more bosses, the cheap gun guy I had to sorta cheese and he still almost killed me.

I was really proud of myself that I killed the giraffe guy in like 30 seconds when it dawned on me how to beat him after having him demolish me time and time again.  I pretty much can't proceed anywhere anymore until I go fight Genichiro.

kashell

« Reply #4037 on: April 05, 2019, 03:22:43 pm »
I'm playing Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna the Golden Country. It is everything that the base game should have been. There is plenty to do, but it's manageable. It doesn't feel like you're being swarmed by features. Having only two Titans to traverse and only three teams makes the journey still feel epic, but on a more manageable (there's that word again!) scale.

I'm glad I decided to impulse buy this. I'm having a really great time with it.

telly

« Reply #4038 on: April 05, 2019, 04:26:22 pm »
Finished Cosmic Star Heroine. Really enjoyed it though it isn't perfect.

Next up, Shenmue!!
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #4039 on: April 05, 2019, 05:36:35 pm »
While I explore as much as possible, I find myself regularly missing the little spots I'm supposed to go, like that valley section after the Ashina Outskirts, I didn't see it till I looked up where I was supposed to go next and felt real dumb for not looking over that cliff edge next to the idol, or that I feel like I'm currently missing something in Senpou Temple.  I found the Demon Bell spot, that place to the Headless, and I made it up to the Main Hall and got the letter from the priest, but I don't see a boss to fight or another direction to go as the one tunnel path just goes to a new fighting style.  Still gotta beat Lady Butterfly, need to beat that asshole gun guy at the Sunken Valley, and there's at least 2 Headless I need to try and take out eventually.
Lady Butterfly was super easy once I figured out her stuff.  I still need to beat Genichiro and I skipped that asshole gun guy because he'd constantly 1 hit kill me.

I sure as fuck absolutely did not ring that evil bell though.  The game is tough enough.

Yeah I'm glad I didn't, because I read up on it afterwards and if I couldn't turn that off, I would've quit the game lol

I can probably do Lady Butterfly now, I just haven't gone back since I wasted the one snap seed they give and just never returned, but I've basically doubled my health, improved my attack, and like trippled my gourd since then, so I should be good.
There's a way to turn it off, but why bother ya know?

I beat a bunch more bosses, the cheap gun guy I had to sorta cheese and he still almost killed me.

I was really proud of myself that I killed the giraffe guy in like 30 seconds when it dawned on me how to beat him after having him demolish me time and time again.  I pretty much can't proceed anywhere anymore until I go fight Genichiro.

I'm stuck at the last boss right now.  He's pretty ridiculous.  His final health bar is where I'm getting screwed over and it's hard to counter the one big move he does I find.  Tempted to grind a little more to get more skill points to up my attack power through the mask, but that's so boring lol Might just put up with it for another point or two in attack to help smooth things out.  I do have one other boss left, the final optional one (Keeping this spoiler free, but if you are at the end game, then you know), but I kinda gave up on him and just gonna look at beating the game to finally finish it and move on.

*EDIT*
Figured out the trick for Demon, making the fight not quite so overwhelming feeling, and beat the final boss due to pushing up my attack power with that last fight and really putting on the pressure for that posture building.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2019, 02:33:28 am by kamikazekeeg »

« Reply #4040 on: April 08, 2019, 09:39:42 am »
I'm stuck at the last boss right now.  He's pretty ridiculous.  His final health bar is where I'm getting screwed over and it's hard to counter the one big move he does I find.  Tempted to grind a little more to get more skill points to up my attack power through the mask, but that's so boring lol Might just put up with it for another point or two in attack to help smooth things out.  I do have one other boss left, the final optional one (Keeping this spoiler free, but if you are at the end game, then you know), but I kinda gave up on him and just gonna look at beating the game to finally finish it and move on.

*EDIT*
Figured out the trick for Demon, making the fight not quite so overwhelming feeling, and beat the final boss due to pushing up my attack power with that last fight and really putting on the pressure for that posture building.
Yeah, I went and beat all of the bosses and then beat the final boss.  Final boss was definitely the hardest boss in the game, took me at least 2 hours of trying to beat him. 

Now I'm on NG+ and I just beat Genichiro.   Matter of fact, I beat Genichiro at the beginning of the game too, in that fight that I expect that the game expects you to lose at.  I got all the way to Lady butterfly without needing to use a resurrection, so in the middle of the lady butterfly fight I had that little sorta cutscene thing introducing resurrection.  First death was right before Genichiro.  I don't know if NG+ is just easier because of how high my attack power is, having all prosthetics, and maxed out vitality/posture and gourds... or if it's just because I know all of the little things about the game at this point.  I'm going for the platinum for this game because I'm enjoying it so much. 

There's only 2, maybe 3, things that will prevent me from getting the platinum.  1 Fulminated Mercury, I need a shit ton of this and it doesn't seem that there is any easy way to farm it.  2 Skill points, I need about 50 skill points to unlock all skills and I'm already at the point that I need like 20,000 XP to level up... and I haven't used the mask once.  3 Lapis Lazuli, need 10 of these to upgrade all prosthetics, only 6 available per playthrough, I acquired all 6 in my first playthrough, so I need 4 more, pretty easy to get 4 I believe once you get towards endgame.  Maybe 4 because there are probably other upgrade materials that I need that I don't have.

I'm having trouble deciding if I like this game more than Spider-man for my list for the year.  I definitely thought this would be lower than West of Loathing, but I'm just enjoying this game too damned much, even in NG+... and I rarely if ever playthrough a game a second time.  Spider-man I didn't play again, but I did put in the effort to get the platinum.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2019, 10:40:07 am by ignition365 »

« Reply #4041 on: April 08, 2019, 04:00:41 pm »

*EDIT*
Yeah, I went and beat all of the bosses and then beat the final boss.  Final boss was definitely the hardest boss in the game, took me at least 2 hours of trying to beat him. 

Now I'm on NG+ and I just beat Genichiro.   Matter of fact, I beat Genichiro at the beginning of the game too, in that fight that I expect that the game expects you to lose at.  I got all the way to Lady butterfly without needing to use a resurrection, so in the middle of the lady butterfly fight I had that little sorta cutscene thing introducing resurrection.  First death was right before Genichiro.  I don't know if NG+ is just easier because of how high my attack power is, having all prosthetics, and maxed out vitality/posture and gourds... or if it's just because I know all of the little things about the game at this point.  I'm going for the platinum for this game because I'm enjoying it so much. 

There's only 2, maybe 3, things that will prevent me from getting the platinum.  1 Fulminated Mercury, I need a shit ton of this and it doesn't seem that there is any easy way to farm it.  2 Skill points, I need about 50 skill points to unlock all skills and I'm already at the point that I need like 20,000 XP to level up... and I haven't used the mask once.  3 Lapis Lazuli, need 10 of these to upgrade all prosthetics, only 6 available per playthrough, I acquired all 6 in my first playthrough, so I need 4 more, pretty easy to get 4 I believe once you get towards endgame.  Maybe 4 because there are probably other upgrade materials that I need that I don't have.

I'm having trouble deciding if I like this game more than Spider-man for my list for the year.  I definitely thought this would be lower than West of Loathing, but I'm just enjoying this game too damned much, even in NG+... and I rarely if ever playthrough a game a second time.  Spider-man I didn't play again, but I did put in the effort to get the platinum.

Fulminated Mercury drops regularly off the red armor canon enemies that take over at the end of the game if I'm remembering right.  The best farming spot in the game is at the Outskirts stairway, kill the guy in the tower, drop down below the tower to kill the guy, kill the guard outside of the gate, kill the two patrolling ones and then quickly run back to the idol.  You'll get tons of money, XP, and you'll get mercury, possibly boostable with the demon bell and the item boost.

« Reply #4042 on: April 08, 2019, 04:31:58 pm »

*EDIT*

Fulminated Mercury drops regularly off the red armor canon enemies that take over at the end of the game if I'm remembering right.  The best farming spot in the game is at the Outskirts stairway, kill the guy in the tower, drop down below the tower to kill the guy, kill the guard outside of the gate, kill the two patrolling ones and then quickly run back to the idol.  You'll get tons of money, XP, and you'll get mercury, possibly boostable with the demon bell and the item boost.
Yeah, it seems like it's the XP that's gonna kill my run though.  If my math isn't wrong, I still need around 2 million XP to get all skills.

« Reply #4043 on: April 08, 2019, 04:41:02 pm »
Yeah, it seems like it's the XP that's gonna kill my run though.  If my math isn't wrong, I still need around 2 million XP to get all skills.

That kind of stuff is why I never go for Platinum's lol

« Reply #4044 on: April 08, 2019, 07:33:37 pm »

Sounds like at the end of NG+ I can earn about 600,000 XP / hour at the area you described.  That's just like 3 hours of nonstop doing that... I'm sure that won't make me want to kill myself.

« Reply #4045 on: April 10, 2019, 06:44:37 pm »
Decided to give Morrowind a shot, so I'm going through normal process for a Bethesda game and downloading all of the mods I can lol Not something I want the vanilla experience before, so grabbing a nicer body mod so that the characters don't look like polygonal monsters, a sound/visual overhaul, and probably a couple others to really make the experience feel more modern.  Not sure if I'll stick with it or not, but I'll give it a few hours at least since I got some downtime on new games till the end of the month.

*EDIT*
Oof, maybe not.  The mods help clean up stuff, but that gameplay is pretty bad lol Might just do another Skyrim run instead.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2019, 10:37:00 pm by kamikazekeeg »

« Reply #4046 on: April 11, 2019, 08:41:56 am »

Sounds like at the end of NG+ I can earn about 600,000 XP / hour at the area you described.  That's just like 3 hours of nonstop doing that... I'm sure that won't make me want to kill myself.
I did some runs in the area specified.  My initial runs earned me about 6,000XP/45 seconds.  My later runs I extended to killing further and more enemies got me about 12,000XP/1.5 minutes.  Decided that that wasn't efficient enough, so I scouted some other areas in the game, earning some XP just by going around.  Went to an area filled with dogs in fountainhead palace which would net me about 7,000XP/minute.  And then I finally just decided to go spawn at the Ashina Castle Antechamber idol and there is a single enemy there that you can consistently stealth kill for about 2,000 XP really close to the idol.  I can kill him about 5 times a minute.  So this nets me 10,000XP/minute.

I have 32 skill points earned right now and I need 55 total.  Current skill point costs 50,000XP.  Final skill point will cost roughly 82,000XP.  At an average of about 65,000XP per level, with 23 levels left and earning about 600,000XP/hour... I have to make that run flawlessly, consistently, and efficiently for 2.5 hours.  I consider going and doing NG++ where I'll earn more XP naturally, but I wouldn't earn 1.5 million XP points by the end of NG++ and I'd maybe get 15-20,000 XP/minute by putting in an additional 5-10 hours of game play... plus I'd have to go through the final boss fight... and I don't know if I'm ready for that again.

« Reply #4047 on: April 13, 2019, 11:18:33 pm »
Decided to start a fresh Bloodborne run, been a few years since I played it, wanting to experience it with Sekiro in mind and man I got bad lol Sekiro feels way easier in comparison when you can't rely on blocks and deflecting.  Not sure if I'll do a full run, but after getting back into this, there's a big part of me that wants Bloodborne 2 (Or another version of Soulsborne), but with generally the movement and feel of Sekiro.  Don't need full stealth, grapple hook, and the ninjitsu stuff, but general stealth for backstabs, ease of movement, and normal parry's would be so awesome...Wonder if I should jump into Dark Souls 3 instead.

« Reply #4048 on: April 14, 2019, 12:19:06 am »
Been playing through Super Meat Boy on the switch, I played through the game years ago and didnt really remember much so i figured it would be time for another go around. One of the things that really surprised me is not the number of times i'm dying, but rather, how i dont get mad or frustrated when I do die. Nothing is cheap, everything is laid out in front of you. You know exactly what you need to do, if you die, its totally your fault and nothing else.

mike24rules

« Reply #4049 on: April 14, 2019, 04:30:45 am »
Batman Arkham city Armored edition and mlb 19