Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 504953 times)

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #4425 on: May 17, 2021, 07:12:43 am »
Heard that Titanfall 2 had another big jump in attention recently, sporting a huge boost in players, which is just awesome.  I kinda casually jump back in every time it perks back up, spend a little time in it and then head off, but I might stick around longer for this one as every time I jump back in, I remember how damn good this game is lol Like it sucks that Apex only wants to skirt the edge of its Titanfall world, though the new character sporting some features from I think the Northstar Titan is pretty dope, I'm just not into its team mechanics since I don't have any friends that play the game and with Titanfall 2, I can just jump in, kick some ass, and destroy stuff with my Titan without worrying about team dynamics too much.  I think it's mostly just gonna be something that tides me over till Battlefield 6 comes out as I haven't been playing a lot of multiplayer games lately.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4426 on: May 27, 2021, 04:16:11 pm »
So I started playing Scott Pilgram vs The World.
Folks act like this is the best beat ‘em up in history. It’s alright. Maybe I’m just not deep enough.
So far Streets of Rage 4 knocks it’s socks off.

telly

« Reply #4427 on: June 06, 2021, 09:30:32 am »
I finished watching the cutscenes for RE:Coded yesterday. It just might be the worst "thing" that has ever been given the Kingdom Hearts branding. 3 hours worth of cutscenes telling this really uninteresting story that isn't important to the main plot at all, with some actually important stuff during the last 20 minutes. I'm glad I didn't bother buying the actual DS game.
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery

sworddude

« Reply #4428 on: June 06, 2021, 06:50:59 pm »
I'm about 20 hours into Dragon Quest IV for the DS. Of the games I've played so far in the series, I think this one might be my favorite. It reminds me a lot of Wild Arms, so that's an added bonus.

It is definitely my favorite. So many folks say V is their favorite, but I'm always like, "did we play the same games?" IV is fantastic! The characters are so unique, and the combat in the DS version is superb and accessible, but still challenging based on the characters you choose.

I'm really into Cyber Punk themed games right now so I'm trying to play through the Deus Ex series. I have no prior experience with Deus Ex, so I'm starting with Human Revolution (WiiU version), then Mankind Divided (Xbox, excited as they just added this to the FPS boost list), then back to the original (I have the PS2 version; I've heard this is a surprisingly good port, even better in some ways than the original PC).

4 is definitely a top 5 entry in the series

Pales in comparison to 5 though wich has a way better story aside from everything else being amazing. IV ain't surpassing 8 and 11 either. Definitely the upper half of DQ games but it's far from the best.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2021, 06:55:51 pm by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

« Reply #4429 on: June 08, 2021, 04:08:40 pm »
Castlevania Lords of Shadow: Mirrors of Fate HD on Steam. In an effort to clean up games that I started and dropped for a while, I decided to give some time into this since I started it back in January and have yet to finish because I wasnt really into it and also didnt help that other games got in the way. I decided to play for the first time in sometime yesterday hooking up my laptop to my TV with a Xbox Series X controller and needless to say I made a good amount of progress that if all goes well I should have finished by the end of the week.

kashell

« Reply #4430 on: June 09, 2021, 07:20:52 am »
I've been playing Final Fantasy VI via the FF Anthology.

Hiccups (and a few translation laughs) aside this is still RPG excellence.

telekill

« Reply #4431 on: June 09, 2021, 11:26:57 am »
I'm continuing to run through the first Mass Effect (PS4/5) and will move on to the next couple in time for my single player fun.

For multiplayer, I'll be jumping back into Dead by Daylight when the Resident Evil cross over comes this coming week. I have a couple buddies I play regularly with. Looking forward to being Jill and Nemesis.

koemo1

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4432 on: June 10, 2021, 04:40:40 am »
Started God of War PS4
Currently playing:
Rogue Trooper [xbox]
Days Gone [ps4]

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4433 on: June 10, 2021, 10:51:13 am »
Started God of War PS4

Best game on the console. A masterpiece.

telly

« Reply #4434 on: June 10, 2021, 12:45:16 pm »
Started God of War PS4

It's an excellent game. Enjoy!
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #4435 on: June 10, 2021, 01:35:18 pm »
Started God of War PS4

It's an excellent game. Enjoy!

Thirded.  My first ever non-Telltale Platinum.

kashell

« Reply #4436 on: June 13, 2021, 04:38:47 pm »
The remaster of SaGa Frontier has arrived! I'll be playing that (started with Lute) for a while.

tripredacus

« Reply #4437 on: June 14, 2021, 09:33:48 am »
I think I've lost all patience at timed missions in games, especially ones that have very little wiggle room. So because of that, I quit on Anomaly Warzone Earth Mobile Campaign nearly at the end. Too bad, it was a neat game.

shfan

« Reply #4438 on: June 15, 2021, 03:48:54 am »
At the final area of Link's Awakening for the Switch, otherwise pretty quiet on the gaming front. Looking to start a new Switch game soon (or pick up Dark Souls Remastered again and take on Nito) and to find something new (and cheap) to play on Steam.

« Reply #4439 on: June 17, 2021, 02:45:17 pm »
With Metroid Dread coming out, a game I'm not excited for because I've never really played the series, I thought I'd see about going through the series.  Not completely, I'm doing it by story order, so I'm doing Zero Mission, Samus Returns, Super Metroid, and then Fusion.  I don't know if it's the ideal way to play it, especially going from a GBA game, to a 3DS game, to an SNES game, and then back to a GBA game lol Enjoying Zero Mission enough right now, though the game was stiffer than I was expecting even for a GBA game.  Movement and combat don't feel the best because of it, but it's not bad.