Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 512441 times)

mrkonasoni

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #4485 on: November 08, 2021, 09:09:53 pm »
Super Mario 64 because I am always open to start that game but never beat it.
The menu track theme make me feel happy and nostalgic, it kinda remember me when I used to love Nintendo in the 2000s.

I am finishing the Spirit Mode from Smash Ultimate, it's mostly boring and 60% is spent watching the game load the battles and results, I truly miss the sub-space emissary...
I always have problems learning English, but I still love to talk a lot, I need no reason to be kind, after everything I have gone through I found a little peace.

« Reply #4486 on: November 09, 2021, 02:58:19 am »
Have Xbox Game Pass for PC for abit, so I thought I'd give Forza Horizon 5 a go.  Normally I'm not into Forza, but Horizon being the more exciting offshoot, I dig it.  The free roam is cool, the cars feel nice and it looks and plays real well.  Like it's "realistic", but not sim like I think regular Forza is.  That being said, it's also not arcadey enough I feel to keep me engaged the whole time.  It's got arcadey elements that are entertaining, but it's still generally a fairly standard racing game with some slightly unrealistic parts to it.  Cool game, if you are into racing games, it's certainly worth checking out. 

Now if I could just get a revival of Split/Second, I'd be in racing heaven for sure lol
« Last Edit: November 09, 2021, 03:00:32 am by kamikazekeeg »

tripredacus

« Reply #4487 on: November 12, 2021, 12:25:02 pm »
Still trying to play Europa Universalis IV for the 52 games challenge. The launcher says I've got just over 24 hours playtime on it. It is not an easy game to figure out and I think I'm still way behind. After about a day worth I was starting to get things figured out to the point where I wasn't (always) doing things that would doom me or cause other countries to wipe me out. Playing as Oirat which is like my 7th attempt, I got going good to have a decent army (big enough for neighbors not to attack but still too small to attack neighbors), and great economy and good happiness. It would still be a struggle to complete the goals as many were locked behind attacking Ming which has the largest military in the game.

I had finally gotten to that sacred 4X moment when you lose track of time. 4X, especially those made by Paradox, can be a real frustrating experience because there are a million things to do and the games doesn't really tell you what you are supposed to do or how anything works. The tutorial is severely lacking as it really doesn't do much.

Then the worst thing happened yesterday. They released an update. And the game says my save is incompatible. All that progress down the drain but then I figure OK I did make some mistakes in that run despite how well it was going. Why not just start a new game as the same country at the same time, etc. Well... there seems to be some bugs in the game now, as it constantly spawns in rebels (separatists) with decent size armies. Their army size is not a big deal, I can deal with them early on but the amount of army management that is required really hampers the ability to do anything else. Spending all my ducats on building army and maintenance, doesn't leave time to do anything else. And the rebel complaint is that I am not in wars. Well getting attacked by rebels so often doesn't afford me the ability to build up a big enough army to attack anyone. I hope that it is a bug and it gets resolved in the hotfix.

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4488 on: November 15, 2021, 05:50:45 pm »
Just finished Dead Space 2 So now I started Part 3 and also started Allen Wake Remastered.

telly

« Reply #4489 on: November 15, 2021, 07:12:28 pm »
I've been playing Snipperclips co-op. We still need to finish Super Mario 3D World and our playthrough of Owlboy! We'd also like to start playing Portal 2 soon. Too many games to play  :'(

I've also been playing Persona 5 Royal. Enjoying it so far!
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

megasilverx1

« Reply #4490 on: November 20, 2021, 10:42:48 pm »
I finally finished the Dragon Quest series marathon I started back on January 4 of this year. In 11 months I was able to beat all 11 10 mainline Dragon Quest games for the series 35th anniversary. I love this series of games, so at no point was I having to push myself to finish this (even though I don't like DQVI very much). I'm eagerly looking forward to the re-re-remake of Dragon Quest III, Dragon Quest XII, and if it ever gets localized, Dragon Quest X Offline in the future.

With this marathon out of the way, I'd like to start playing some other RPGs that are in my backlog.
-Fuga: Melodies of Steel
-Mega Man X: Command Mission
-Yakuza: Like a Dragon
-Persona 3 FES
-Magic of Scheherazade
-Magi Nation
-Finishing the second expansion pass for Pokemon Shield

telekill

« Reply #4491 on: November 25, 2021, 08:30:15 am »
I recently beat Judgment (PS5) and started up Mass Effect 3 from the Legendary Edition. I'm also playing Hunt Showdown and First Class Trouble with friends.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2021, 08:32:03 am by telekill »

kashell

« Reply #4492 on: November 25, 2021, 12:09:05 pm »
I'm playing Undernauts: Labyrinths of Yomi. It's been tons of fun so far - I was not expecting it to be this great.

koemo1

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4493 on: December 05, 2021, 05:13:10 pm »
At the moment I'm playing Rogue Troopers on the xbox. I really enjoy this game
Currently playing:
Rogue Trooper [xbox]
Days Gone [ps4]

alligo

« Reply #4494 on: December 06, 2021, 01:29:47 pm »
Lmaoo I finally played Crazy Chicken Kart 2 (Moorhuhn Kart 2) on switch and it's really "low-cost". (I mean that the game is a "sub version") :o

Even the menus on PS1 are nicer. The remaster manages to be uglier than the game on PC.  ;D
here, there is no effort.
The musics are cool, the physics of the game is funny, it's a bit of a mess.

It's a shame because there is no more power level like Mario Kart : 50cc, 150 and 200cc
https://vgcollect.com/alligo

I don't need a guitar, I'm a Rockstar

« Reply #4495 on: December 08, 2021, 11:47:06 am »
I swear Far Cry 4 is actively trying to make me not enjoy it.  The combat and actual gameplay is a as good as FC always is, but the number of unskippable cutscenes and levels that force stealth or other unfun gameplay options are totally unacceptable.  I start having fun then BAM no items stealth through this area crap.

« Reply #4496 on: December 08, 2021, 05:20:17 pm »
Playing through the Halo Infinite campaign and I'm enjoying it.  The open world still has that Halo feel to it and as far as open worlds go, it's just nicely done.  It's not some Ubisoft nonsense that is too gigantic and filled with 9000 different things to collect and do, it's all very reasonable and everything seems to fit with what makes sense.  Gonna be a nice time.

« Reply #4497 on: December 09, 2021, 02:35:26 am »
I've been trying the F.E.A.R. games on 360, about 3/4 through the 1st one - it's okay. The story is slow and the majority of it is jsut run and gun combat. The game has a slow mo' power you can use that recharges, so I tend to just use that for every encounter. The enemy AI is decent but the designs aren't varied I've only encountered 3-4 different enemies so far. It's okay, a bit dated in the games feel, I hope the sequels have more of a budget to them.

« Reply #4498 on: December 10, 2021, 09:34:42 pm »
Final Fantasy VII Remake: I've been at this since I started in July. Reason its been taking me this long is because there have been periods where I play for certain amount and then stop until I play it again usually weeks later or even a month while playing other games in between. As it stands it is the only game Im focusing on if I dont count Animal Crossing and I want to finish it before the end of the month. Also since I have been trying really hard to not start games in the middle of others, this is giving me good practice.

« Reply #4499 on: December 31, 2021, 06:13:19 am »
I think I found the new, or relatively new "Flappy Bird" or "Angry Bird" or "Cookie Clicker" nonsense and it's "Wormax.io".  I think the more original version might've been a game called "Slither", but I played Wormax for far too long lol It's a browser and mobile game, you play as a worm who collects glowy things to grow bigger, going up against other people on a server that is always running, trying to stay on top of the leaderboard.  You die if you bump into the side of anyone else, so it's a game of you trying to get others to hit your side or get surrounded so you can wipe them out.  It's just one of those odd, minimal effort, time wasters, but I dig the casual multiplayer gameplay of this one.  It can be incredibly addicting as once you get into the top 10 and you know you are huge and you are trying to manage your size to wrap up folks.

In a way, now that I think about it, it's almost like a free form Pac-Man, but instead of clearing rigidly designed levels, and fighting ghosts, you just grow into a bigger Pac-Man, eating mass amounts of pellets,  fighting other growing Pac-Men lol
« Last Edit: December 31, 2021, 06:18:13 am by kamikazekeeg »