Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 504937 times)

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #4575 on: September 07, 2022, 01:52:30 pm »
My wife and I finally beat Elden Ring (vanilla) on PC and now it sounds like she wants to try her hands at Randomizer + Seamless co-op, so that's next on the plate I guess

tripredacus

« Reply #4576 on: September 08, 2022, 09:32:44 am »
Evoland II is fairly rigid until it introduces the card game minigame, now I just want to play the card game and don't care about the story anymore!

telly

« Reply #4577 on: September 08, 2022, 09:59:07 am »
Playing It Takes Two, which has been really fun. And the first Fire Emblem game on the Switch, about 20 hours in on that one.  :)
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery

alligo

« Reply #4578 on: September 20, 2022, 06:32:42 am »
I finished Tinykin, excellent little platform game.
The music is great, but I especially loved the many references.

It's full of details, it's a very chill game but a bit too short for me.

A good surprise.
https://vgcollect.com/alligo

I don't need a guitar, I'm a Rockstar

telly

« Reply #4579 on: September 20, 2022, 08:00:30 am »
I've started playing Bug Fables: The Everlasting Sapling. Will play that through October then I'll play a bunch of Castlevania games for Halloween, most of which I've never played before! Might also try Resident Evil 0
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery

kashell

« Reply #4580 on: September 20, 2022, 12:28:00 pm »
I've been playing the OG Wild Arms on the PlayStation 5. It's still super fun and charming. Crazy how old the game is! Even crazier that I'd rather replay this instead of something more modern.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4581 on: September 20, 2022, 09:50:38 pm »
I've been playing the OG Wild Arms on the PlayStation 5. It's still super fun and charming. Crazy how old the game is! Even crazier that I'd rather replay this instead of something more modern.

The most exciting thing I have going these days is the TMNT Cowabunga Collection. I’m old. I’m just like my dad and the oldies radio station. I swore I’d stay current on everything. Then, I get super-excited about a bundle of old games.
I should be ashamed, but I’m not.

« Reply #4582 on: October 06, 2022, 04:38:03 pm »
Struggling to find a decent newer rhythm game these days.  I tried that Trombone Champ, but didn't really like the gameplay and the music is all bad being just public domain stuff.  I then saw the Hatsune Miku game on PC for a good sale, and its overall a good game and has a grap ton of songs (Over 200), but I found it hard to keep up with the flying buttons all over the place, which made some stuff hard to play as it's not intuitive as like a Guitar Hero or more straight forward like a DDR.  I did play Metal: Hellsinger, but that's not a "rhythm game", but a shooter that utilizes rhythm in it's gameplay.  A great game, but not quite the same.

Think I'm gonna just end up bringing back out my Xbox 360 and hooking it up so I can just play Guitar Hero or Rock Band again.  I usually get in the mood to do this every year because there's nothing that's been as good as that since then lol

« Reply #4583 on: October 14, 2022, 10:29:32 pm »
Tried out Raft for abit, but wasn't feeling it.  It's a decent crafting/survival game, I think my issue with it is that it very much feels like a co-op game more than a singleplayer game.  Not that you can't play it solo, but just looking at everything, it would be way more enjoy with a friend.  Like I'm also playing the Green Hell bonus content and that one feels like it makes sense as a singleplayer experience. 

I played for nearly 3 hours in Raft, but then I got to an island and I just got completely screwed by big birds dropping rocks.  They killed me, which made me lose most of my inventory, and then I respawned, just to get killed by the birds again and I had almost no supplies or tools after that because there wasn't cover for anything.  It wasn't a full death loop situation like I was stuck 100%, but getting out of that situation was going to be annoying and it really killed my interest with just how much a lame experience it was.  Losing that much inventory with no way to recover it is rough and not very fun since it seems to autosave upon death.  Not a terrible game, like I think it's better than Stranded Deep and I was really interested to experience the story stuff and some locations I've seen in other peoples playthroughs, but I ended up just getting my money back on it.

« Reply #4584 on: October 15, 2022, 11:05:37 am »

Think I'm gonna just end up bringing back out my Xbox 360 and hooking it up so I can just play Guitar Hero or Rock Band again.  I usually get in the mood to do this every year because there's nothing that's been as good as that since then lol

Doooooo it. Love these games.

« Reply #4585 on: October 15, 2022, 03:47:36 pm »

Doooooo it. Love these games.

Yeah I went back and played Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock with all the DLC I got for it and it's still a great time.  Still my favorite rhythm series.  The only one comparable for me is Beat Saber, but that one is held back abit by me not wanting to do VR a lot and it officially doesn't have a lot of music I'm interested in.  Custom songs definitely helped a lot.

kashell

« Reply #4586 on: October 15, 2022, 05:40:04 pm »
Guitar Hero/Rock Band is never a bad choice. Great for playing solo and great for parties.

tripredacus

« Reply #4587 on: October 17, 2022, 10:41:40 am »
I had put Diablo III into my daily/non-52 rotation but now I think I'm going to take a break from playing new games to play that some more. My old Witch Doctor is doing really well and I think I have gotten over some breakpoint in the game where I get more good loot. It might be some kind of glass cannon build but he can 3 hit kill any boss (and thus any creature) and often I see damage numbers like 10 billion or a crit like 27 billion. O_O

It is currently in Torment VI but I cleared GRift 38. None of my other characters are anywhere close to this.
https://us.diablo3.blizzard.com/en-us/profile/Tripredacus-1592/hero/143229319

telekill

« Reply #4588 on: October 17, 2022, 10:49:55 am »
I actually opted to replay AC Unity (PS4) after I couldn't get into Valhalla for the life of me. I almost instantly got into Unity again.

After I beat it, I'm going to move on to A Plague Tale Requiem. I'm also playing my PS4 physical copy of TMNT Shredder's Revenge that I just got in the mail.

« Reply #4589 on: October 17, 2022, 11:27:11 am »
I started up BioShock 2 early last week and I was having a fun enough time, until I started the game up on Friday night and it had lost all of my progress over the previous 2 days.  I just stared at the screen for like 10 minutes trying to decide what I wanted to do.  I powered back through to where I was previously, but it has totally sapped my enthusiasm for playing it.

I actually opted to replay AC Unity (PS4) after I couldn't get into Valhalla for the life of me. I almost instantly got into Unity again.

I really found Valhalla to be a slog, which was a surprise because I really liked both Origins and Odyssey.