Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 513203 times)

scott

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #180 on: August 27, 2012, 10:44:48 am »
I started playing Xenoblade Chronicles again. I'm still working on Dragon Quest V too and I've been putting some time into New Super Mario Bros 2, which I'm kinda really enjoying.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

blipcs76

« Reply #181 on: August 28, 2012, 10:04:18 am »
I just finished up Zelda Skyward Sword last week (brilliant game, BTW).  I'm now playing Blood Will Tell, which I picked up on Saturday from a pawn shop.  I love the concept, but it's far from a polished title.  Regardless and even with it's flaws, I'm really getting hooked on it.

jcalder8

« Reply #182 on: September 05, 2012, 02:50:39 am »
I have started to play through Sleeping Dogs. So far I am in love with the style of the game, the characters are not sticking with me but the city is very memorable.

pacpix

« Reply #183 on: September 05, 2012, 10:16:39 pm »
Randomly started playing a MUD the other day called Aardwolf. :)
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #184 on: September 06, 2012, 10:36:21 am »
I started playing River City Ransom for our Community Gaming for Sept. on Retrowaretv.com.  As much NES as I've played, I've never played this one.  In fact, I didn't even own it until a few months ago. 
So far, it's a good time.  I can't believe with Nintendo's strict censorship this game was allowed in the U.S.  I'm kicking ass with chains, sticks, pipes, brass knuckles, and anything else I can pick up.  Hell, you can even pick up a dude you knocked down and whip his friends ass with his unconsious body.  I'm digging the RPG type elements to it too.  I don't know how, but I didn't know the first thing about this game until last night.  Now, I'm a regular ole ass kicker!

soera

« Reply #185 on: September 06, 2012, 11:18:16 am »
I absolutely LOVED River City Ransom when I was younger. I would play it too for your community thing if you want. Just send me some info. :)

Me personally I just started FF VI again to try to show it to my son. But at 4 he isnt horribly interested so I may either swap to River City or load up Tecmo Secret of the Stars and see what its like.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #186 on: September 06, 2012, 11:46:31 am »
All the community gaming is is a thread on Retrowaretv.com that we pick a game every month and play through it and talk about it.  Sign up over there and join our forums if you want.  If folks around here are into something like that, we could start one here too.  Just whatever you want to do.

jcalder8

« Reply #187 on: November 12, 2012, 03:30:31 pm »
I just started playing The Saboteur for the Xbox 360. I am enjoying it so far but I wish that EA had not shut down the servers.

scott

« Reply #188 on: November 12, 2012, 04:26:16 pm »
Started up Ragnarok Tactics the other night. I haven't really done much with it and it took me a bit to get through the first battle. Mainly because I lack time and having a mid battle save feature is too tempting to use as an excuse to set it down. So far the game seems kinda cut scene heavy though and it is really dragging the pace down. I'm still playing though, so I'll give a better impression as I get further in.

Also I'm almost done with Pokemon Black. As soon as I finish it, I'll be starting either Black 2 or White 2. I haven't decided yet. But I know I am going with an all Ghost team when I do start it up.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

« Reply #189 on: November 12, 2012, 05:48:59 pm »
I can't believe with Nintendo's strict censorship this game was allowed in the U.S.  I'm kicking ass with chains, sticks, pipes, brass knuckles, and anything else I can pick up.  Hell, you can even pick up a dude you knocked down and whip his friends ass with his unconsious body.
Not to mention the male nudity ;)

On topic: I'm playing Terraria. And a lot of it.

darko

« Reply #190 on: November 12, 2012, 07:09:19 pm »
I started playing Super Ghouls n Ghosts on the GBA last night. I've never any rendition of Ghosts n Goblins, Ghouls n Ghosts, etc. It's difficult but I'll be able to beat it when I have a couple of hours!

The GBA port is pretty decent. It's aesthetically pleasing for sure, especially the backgrounds.

blipcs76

« Reply #191 on: November 13, 2012, 09:16:59 am »
I started playing River City Ransom for our Community Gaming for Sept. on Retrowaretv.com.  As much NES as I've played, I've never played this one.  In fact, I didn't even own it until a few months ago. 
So far, it's a good time.  I can't believe with Nintendo's strict censorship this game was allowed in the U.S.  I'm kicking ass with chains, sticks, pipes, brass knuckles, and anything else I can pick up.  Hell, you can even pick up a dude you knocked down and whip his friends ass with his unconsious body.  I'm digging the RPG type elements to it too.  I don't know how, but I didn't know the first thing about this game until last night.  Now, I'm a regular ole ass kicker!

River City Ransom is probably one of the top ten best games released on the NES, IMO.  The it has a unique look that's perfectly suited for the capabilities of the NES, it's got a great sense of humor, great gameplay and the RPG elements make it extremely addicting.

Sadly, I have yet to actually own it.  I always wanted to pick it up CIB, but was too cheap to shell out the cash for it.

blipcs76

« Reply #192 on: November 13, 2012, 09:20:39 am »
I've been playing Dante's Inferno, which I picked up at a garage sale for $5.  I'm a total sucker for DMC-style action games, so this is right up my alley.  The descent into hell is a really interesting concept, with each level portraying a different sin (gluttony, lust, greed, etc.)  The scale of some of the earlier stages is astonishing, where you can see a boss in the distance way before you actually get there.  The levels themselves are extremely creative and horribly dark and disturbing.  I need to avoid playing it before bed, since it gives me some f'ed up dreams.

soera

« Reply #193 on: November 13, 2012, 04:56:25 pm »
I agree with both of your posts. For anyone that hasnt played River City Ransom, you are missing a really cool unique experience. Its undescribable.

As far as Dante's Inferno, I have delved into it some ... its a good game but it falls a tad short of the God of War games to me. I have all 5 of the GoW games and am actually looking forward to the 6th one coming out in a few months. Hope its as good as GoW III or better.

ko1ru

« Reply #194 on: November 13, 2012, 05:20:45 pm »
I've been playing Dante's Inferno, which I picked up at a garage sale for $5.  I'm a total sucker for DMC-style action games, so this is right up my alley.  The descent into hell is a really interesting concept, with each level portraying a different sin (gluttony, lust, greed, etc.)  The scale of some of the earlier stages is astonishing, where you can see a boss in the distance way before you actually get there.  The levels themselves are extremely creative and horribly dark and disturbing.  I need to avoid playing it before bed, since it gives me some f'ed up dreams.

I really enjoyed Dante's Inferno.  I feel it was because of the darker subject material that not a lot of people delved deeper into it, which is a shame.  Easily one of my favourites for the current generation of consoles.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 05:22:18 pm by ko1ru »