Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 504939 times)

jcalder8

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #435 on: February 15, 2013, 09:59:17 pm »
Since the Grandia incident happened, I decided to screw around with a random game from the box. Which turned out to be a game I'd pulled out for some TCRF double checking: The Little Mermaid II (PS1). The game is pretty simple so far, and not as easy as you'd think. I mean, yeah, it's easy, but the levels are short, most of the stuff I've seen so far involves finding coins and pearls, and it's definitely kid friendly. But stage 2 threw me off because out of the blue there was this big chase scene with a shark - I had to play that bit three times to get past it.
I didn't know that there was a second one, I'll have to check it out for my wife.

foxhack

« Reply #436 on: February 15, 2013, 10:17:58 pm »
Wow, you really haven't been around for long. I tend to pick up silly, strange or outright bad games / music / movies. You should take a look at my collection. :p

Yep, I'm still learning who's who. Only joined in late January!
My penchant for bad games is legendary!

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #437 on: February 15, 2013, 11:50:19 pm »
Don't knock the Little Mermaid. The one for the NES is actually pretty good. It's easy, but fun.

I didn't know that there was a second one, I'll have to check it out for my wife.

Right... For your wife...

« Reply #438 on: February 16, 2013, 07:50:33 am »
Still making my way through the PC-88 version of Legend of Heroes! The first chapter had a really bad grind, but it seems to have evened out now :)

jcalder8

« Reply #439 on: February 16, 2013, 10:04:45 am »
I played some Bubble Bobble Part 2 yesterday! I suck just as much at it as I did at part one :D

soera

« Reply #440 on: February 16, 2013, 11:59:55 am »
I played some Bubble Bobble Part 2 yesterday! It sucks just as much as part one :D

Fixed it for you!  :o

Heh cant understand why my wife likes that game so much.

« Reply #441 on: February 16, 2013, 12:15:48 pm »
I found out Xian Jian Qi Xia Zhuan 1 got an official iOS port today so I've been playing that. It's as bare-bones as a port can be (literally just original files+DOSbox)... but that still makes it superior to the Saturn port and it was only £1.50 so I can't complain :D Oddly the app page says the game's in Japanese and English as well as both forms of Chinese, but this only appears to apply to the settings menu.

foxhack

« Reply #442 on: February 17, 2013, 01:16:27 am »
So, I'm having a lot of fun with Little Mermaid II. The game is a lot more decent than what I thought it'd be, but stage nine nearly had me rolling on the floor due to laughter.

It's a stealth action mission. Spoilers: Melody, Ariel's daughter, has to sneak into the royal palace in Atlantica to steal Triton's Trident. She has to sneak past guards while they've got their backs turned, and you also use a table as cover... and you move around with it on top of you and your companions.

METAL GEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR

I'm tempted to make a video with Metal Gear Solid music and sound effects for the hell of it.

Edit: And cleared it. The last stage was a bit of a pain in the butt. Remember the last stage in Battletoads, where you had to climb a tower? Well, it's like that, only not as sadistic since you have unlimited tries. After that is the final boss which was surprisingly well done. I went back to the two stages I didn't clear out completely and I just 100%ed a game that was probably meant for little children.

Ack.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 02:10:11 am by foxhack »

jcalder8

« Reply #443 on: February 17, 2013, 01:16:06 pm »
I played through Chip N Dale 2. There is no challenge to the game but I still enjoyed it :)

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #444 on: February 17, 2013, 01:22:59 pm »
I played through Chip N Dale 2. There is no challenge to the game but I still enjoyed it :)

Now that you're done with it, are you going to put it in the Pay it Forward thread?   ;)

soera

« Reply #445 on: February 17, 2013, 01:38:01 pm »

Now that you're done with it, are you going to put it in the Pay it Forward thread?   ;)

I second this notion! :)

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #446 on: February 17, 2013, 01:43:24 pm »

I second this notion! :)

Dibs

soera

« Reply #447 on: February 17, 2013, 01:54:28 pm »
The next free one is mine!!!!!

« Reply #448 on: February 17, 2013, 02:08:36 pm »
I wound up starting Ar Tonelico Qoga, and... wow, is this game messed up with the lolicon stuff. Aside from the creepy bits, it's still pretty fun, if on the easy side.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #449 on: February 17, 2013, 03:54:17 pm »
I wound up starting Ar Tonelico Qoga, and... wow, is this game messed up with the lolicon stuff. Aside from the creepy bits, it's still pretty fun, if on the easy side.

Heh, yeah...*DAT* MUSIC, though  :o

Did you play the 1st two games?
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"