Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 512348 times)

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #510 on: March 25, 2013, 12:34:42 am »
Sounds a little like Minecraft's survival mode - interesting!

I've been playing a bit of XCOM and a bit of MtG: Duels of the Planeswalkers 2013, not doing well at either! :)

foxhack

« Reply #511 on: March 25, 2013, 12:48:57 am »
I have been intrigued by Don't Starve for awhile but I don't think I would really enjoy having to find the materials to make each item.
Here's what bugs me the most about the game:

If you sleep, you go hungry. But if you don't sleep, you don't go hungry. It's -irritating-. I can either waste the materials to make a bed roll, sleep the night away and lose 50 hunger points or tough it out awake by the fire and only lose 10. It makes no sense!

I also haven't figured out if you can build some sort of shelter. I can make walls, at least.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 12:50:28 am by foxhack »

desocietas

« Reply #512 on: March 25, 2013, 12:53:11 am »
I have been intrigued by Don't Starve for awhile but I don't think I would really enjoy having to find the materials to make each item.
Here's what bugs me the most about the game:

If you sleep, you go hungry. But if you don't sleep, you don't go hungry. It's -irritating-. I can either waste the materials to make a bed roll, sleep the night away and lose 50 hunger points or tough it out awake by the fire and only lose 10. It makes no sense!

I also haven't figured out if you can build some sort of shelter. I can make walls, at least.

That's, like, opposite of what happens in real life!  When I have to pull all-nighters for homework or whatever, I'm *starving* by 3am.  I hope you and the other players and telling them this.  I think it'd make more sense if you sleep and don't lose as much in hunger points, but you're obviously vulnerable to anything that might cross your path.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

foxhack

« Reply #513 on: March 25, 2013, 01:03:40 am »
Well the game is still in beta. Also, I'm not sure, but I think staying awake like that kills your sanity after a while. XD

scott

« Reply #514 on: March 25, 2013, 10:28:51 am »
I started playing Xenoblade Chronicles again. I'm determined to finally finish it. I love the game, but the combat system can piss me off sometimes. Especially if it's dark and I am jumped by multiple mobs at once.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

« Reply #515 on: March 25, 2013, 10:53:55 am »
World of Warcraft - only because my wife is playing when she can between work college and homework...
Currently Playing - Plants Vs. Zombies: Warfare (PC) / Looking for Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance II Manual

« Reply #516 on: March 25, 2013, 02:44:50 pm »
Xenogears starting tonight! I have been willing to play that game for years :)

scott

« Reply #517 on: March 25, 2013, 03:15:19 pm »
Xenogears starting tonight! I have been willing to play that game for years :)

I really want to pick up Xenogears and the 3 Xenosaga games... no sure when I'll be able to though.

« Reply #518 on: March 25, 2013, 03:43:47 pm »
I see the Xeno Saga games around quite often (Especially part 1 and 2). Now, i have a good reason to buy  them.

scott

« Reply #519 on: March 25, 2013, 03:49:00 pm »
Yeah, I've been meaning to buy the Xenosaga games for years, but when I do find them, they are missing the manual or the discs are jacked up. So I pass on them.

jcalder8

« Reply #520 on: April 08, 2013, 10:12:19 am »
Buddy and I played WWE 13 last night before Wrestlemania. We only had time to play two matches because our second, a last man standing match, lasted for almost an hour and a half. This was our first time playing against each other and I was doing a great job of reversing everything he was throwing at me and he was doing a great job of standing back up before the 10 count. I finally gave up and let him win after missing the first 45 minutes of Wrestlemania. It pains me that I gave up though :(

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #521 on: April 14, 2013, 04:12:17 pm »

I'm in the middle of Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage on PS1. I needed a bit of a break from RPGs, and this seemed like the perfect mindless excursion. I'm having fun with it, but not as much fun as I did with the original Spyro the Dragon on PS1.

« Reply #522 on: April 16, 2013, 12:38:34 am »
Currently playing through Bioshock: Infinite with the wife, 3D dot game heroes on my own, and WoW with a friend.

3D dot game heroes didn't live up to my expectations, to be honest.  I mean, I expected a love letter to classic gaming, and it was at best a decent zelda clone, but without much of the fan service I was expecting, and no real story to speak of.  Maybe I'm missing the point...

« Reply #523 on: April 18, 2013, 04:23:49 am »
Super smash bros brawl. Its pretty damn good! And pokemon emerald and far cry 3 in the process of all them.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 04:26:23 am by slothingXPIG »
PS4-zxzpigxzx
Ebay-https://VintageWarren

scott

« Reply #524 on: April 18, 2013, 09:54:13 am »
Lots of SimCity DS. Holy crap, it's fun. Plus, since I don't have a ton of time right now for gaming, it's a quick distraction.

I did start up Soul Hackers to check it out and got about 30 minutes into it. But once I get my TV set back up, it's back to Xenoblade until I finish that.