Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 511997 times)

soera

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #615 on: June 14, 2013, 12:23:16 pm »
I havent played that Neutopia game.

As far as how it looks, it doesnt look bad at all.  Im really starting to enjoy the game. I just beat the second dungeon after 7-8 frustrating attempts at the level boss. Now Im wandering around trying to find the 3rd dungeon again (I say again ... It was actually the first dungeon I found but I got my ass kicked a lot and left and now I cant remember where the hell it is). I found one heart container so far and bought a shield upgrade (both were near the first dungeon).

scott

« Reply #616 on: June 15, 2013, 09:32:38 pm »
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune.

Man this game is great, kinda a shame that I never get it a chance before.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

sin2beta

« Reply #617 on: June 15, 2013, 10:59:43 pm »
Just played and beat Double Dragon on SMS. I had only played the NES version until today. I heard that the SMS version was better than the NES version (people like Dave and Joe from GameSack). I've also heard it was the worst version of Double Dragon (Mark from Classic Game Room).

My opinion: It's good. It's about on level with the NES version. There's tradeoffs in each. But it is about how I remember it. It is neat to see that the SMS levels are more true to the arcade.
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

foxhack

« Reply #618 on: June 15, 2013, 11:45:06 pm »
I just picked up Assassin's Creed on PC again since I have a 360 Pad now. The game is easy to play with a pad, and it's less annoying than having to use tons of keys with my keyboard.

I've also been playing Unepic. It's kinda like a Metroidvania, only with lots of nerd humor. I'm playing it in the original Spanish language (of course) and I'm pretty curious to see just how they translated some of these gags.

« Reply #619 on: June 16, 2013, 03:17:45 am »
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune.

Man this game is great, kinda a shame that I never get it a chance before.

It really is, isn't it?

The attention to detail in that whole series just blew my mind.  When he was walking through the submarine, he like, puts his hand on the frame and moves so naturally through it.  Little touches like that throughout the whole game.

scott

« Reply #620 on: June 16, 2013, 02:36:51 pm »
Oh ya. The water effects impress the hell out of me. When grenades or explosives go off in it and it plumes. Or even when you dive in and get wet or even partially wet. Its really sweet.

I love touches like that.

jcalder8

« Reply #621 on: June 16, 2013, 04:50:30 pm »
I've been putting some time into Afrika for the PS3. It's fun taking pictures of all the animals but it is a very slow passed game.

scott

« Reply #622 on: June 16, 2013, 10:22:25 pm »
Beat Uncharted and now I'm on to Uncharted 2! Why was I such a fanboy this generation? So far everything I've checked out on PS3 has been really good. ha

soera

« Reply #623 on: June 17, 2013, 04:15:34 pm »
Its cause its actually a decent generation whether all of the super retro fans wants to agree or not. I love my SMS, my PS1, my Gamecube, etc ... but my PS3 and Wii get more use than any other system I own by far.

sin2beta

« Reply #624 on: June 17, 2013, 07:36:03 pm »
This honestly is a damn good generation. I've said it before, I've not had this much fun consistently since the 16-bit days. I feel like we finally understand 3D enough to make good games.
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #625 on: June 17, 2013, 07:59:11 pm »
Beat Uncharted and now I'm on to Uncharted 2! Why was I such a fanboy this generation? So far everything I've checked out on PS3 has been really good. ha

I'm with you on this. I'm going to be getting a lot of the Sony exclusive collections. It started with God of War.  Uncharted is next.  Then it's on to Infamous, Rachet and Clank, Jak and Daxter, and then THE WORLD!!!!!   I don't know where that last part came from.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #626 on: June 17, 2013, 07:59:15 pm »
I'm definetly of the opposite opinion.

Retro-gaming is better than it ever has been with Steam, Wii Virtual Console, and XBox Live Arcade. And the indie scene is so much better than it was in past generations.

But as for big-budget, mainstream console games, I don't think so. There are exceptions of course. But the majority of games are just too freaking easy. Most games want to hold your hand, tell you exactly where to go, what to do, and how to do it; and give you regenerating health to boot. It drives me nuts. It's like you're forced to play it a certain way. There's no challenge or sense of exploration and discovery anymore.

And I hate how there is so much more of a focus on multiplayer OVER AND BEYOND single-player campaigns.

scott

« Reply #627 on: June 17, 2013, 08:28:51 pm »
I'm with you on this. I'm going to be getting a lot of the Sony exclusive collections. It started with God of War.  Uncharted is next.  Then it's on to Infamous, Rachet and Clank, Jak and Daxter, and then THE WORLD!!!!!   I don't know where that last part came from.

Yup, after the Uncharted games, I'm moving on to inFAMOUS. Then after that I was really leaning toward the Resistance trilogy.

And I hate how there is so much more of a focus on multiplayer OVER AND BEYOND single-player campaigns.

I agree. I'm completely over multiplayer modes. Of course I could never seem to get multiplayer games going anyway.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #628 on: June 17, 2013, 08:40:34 pm »

I agree. I'm completely over multiplayer modes. Of course I could never seem to get multiplayer games going anyway.

I'm glad I'm not the only one. Multiplayer was fun before every 13 year old got on XBL and started having sex with my mom.
It's not fun to get slaughtered as soon as I spawn. Teenagers have way more time than I do.  They get really good at games like COD.

soera

« Reply #629 on: June 17, 2013, 09:05:24 pm »
Its pretty much the same on a lot of MMOs. My bard characters were always female simply cause I liked the appearance of the character more than the male characters. Half the time, I would join a group and the first thing people would say to me is A/S/L (Age, sex, location of where I live) cause they wanted to start cyber tells on me. Immature horny little teens.